James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    This is why I never pre-order.
    I always preorder, it's only HMV that have issues. Proerdering online can actually be better as you get them early. On play, i receive preorders 3 days before day. Its only HMV that are not great.

Yeah, it's a fair point. I don't do it because I like going into a shop and buying it, I don't know why.

• zb007 wrote:
    According to someone on another site

I ordered mine from HMV.com and they dispatched it last Wednesday. It hasn't arrived so I phoned them, and it turns out that there was a mix-up with the courier. Apparently they thought they weren't allowed to begin the shipping process until today, whereas they were actually supposed to have delivered all of them today.

Oh right, well are you from Uk, if so , thats whats proberbly happened to me.
  • RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    I always preorder, it's only HMV that have issues. Proerdering online can actually be better as you get them early. On play, i receive preorders 3 days before day. Its only HMV that are not great.

Yeah, it's a fair point. I don't do it because I like going into a shop and buying it, I don't know why.

Yes, I know what you mean. Going it to the shop is nice. I do it sometimes. It depends on if it's a bargin online or not. Now, i wish i haddent bothered lol
  • RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Yes, I know what you mean. Going it to the shop is nice. I do it sometimes. It depends on if it's a bargin online or not. Now, i wish i haddent bothered lol

I usually pre order but this time I was planning to buy it in HMV after watching Skyfall. Impatience got the better of me so I ordered it yesterday morning and received at 3.30 today :-)
  • zb007zb007 UK
    edited September 2012 Posts: 85
    zb007 wrote:
    According to someone on another site

I ordered mine from HMV.com and they dispatched it last Wednesday. It hasn't arrived so I phoned them, and it turns out that there was a mix-up with the courier. Apparently they thought they weren't allowed to begin the shipping process until today, whereas they were actually supposed to have delivered all of them today.

Oh right, well are you from Uk, if so , thats whats proberbly happened to me.

Yeah im from the uk too that was on another bond forum
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    001 wrote:
    In the 3rd to last photo with Britt in the car and a bloke who looks like Liam Gallagher standing behind it there is a column with the 007 logo written on it. I dodged behind this column literally a second before this picture was taken.

A narrow squeak.

I'm hoping it was too much of a non event for The Standard or London Tonight to bother covering.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Do they sell the films individually or just in the boxset?

No mate. And even the box set you have to ask behind the counter for as all the display boxes were dummies. More brilliant marketing from EON.
    Actually why didn't EON wait till the 5th to release this on Bond day? Might have got a few more people turn up rather than a handful of HMV staff, a sprinkling of social misfits and my good self.

You're a social misfit too. Don't deny it :)

No I was there in an ironic capacity and to document it for you guys :)

Seriously if Gervais & Merchant want to do a follow up to Life's Too Short then Lifes Too Tall with Richard Kiel would be uproarious entertainment. Attending things such as this brings home the fallacy that celebrity is the greatest aspiration a human can dream of.

The fan who won the gold case; I'm sure he's a nice guy and all (got to hedge my bets in case he's a mod on here!) but it would be difficult to conceive of someone who could be more the antithesis of Bond.

Yes I might be able to quote every film and vast tracts of Fleming, I might be able to tell you who was 2nd unit director on OHMSS or that Bob Holness was the second actor to play James Bond by I can assure you I am nothing like that guy!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 83
    You doth protest too much!!!

I'm still happy at my 97% score on Channels 5s 100% bond special quite a few years back
  • zb007zb007 UK
    001 wrote:
    In the 3rd to last photo with Britt in the car and a bloke who looks like Liam Gallagher standing behind it there is a column with the 007 logo written on it. I dodged behind this column literally a second before this picture was taken.

A narrow squeak.

I'm hoping it was too much of a non event for The Standard or London Tonight to bother covering.
    BAIN123 wrote:

No mate. And even the box set you have to ask behind the counter for as all the display boxes were dummies. More brilliant marketing from EON.
    Actually why didn't EON wait till the 5th to release this on Bond day? Might have got a few more people turn up rather than a handful of HMV staff, a sprinkling of social misfits and my good self.

Seriously if Gervais & Merchant want to do a follow up to Life's Too Short then Lifes Too Tall with Richard Kiel would be uproarious entertainment. Attending things such as this brings home the fallacy that celebrity is the greatest aspiration a human can dream of.

The fan who won the gold case; I'm sure he's a nice guy and all (got to hedge my bets in case he's a mod on here!) but it would be difficult to conceive of someone who could be more the antithesis of Bond.

Yes I might be able to quote every film and vast tracts of Fleming, I might be able to tell you who was 2nd unit director on OHMSS or that Bob Holness was the second actor to play James Bond by I can assure you I am nothing like that guy!

A lot TV or film series has some shall we say very dedicated fans when i see some of them i realize i am more sane than I realized :D

• The fan who won the gold case; I'm sure he's a nice guy and all (got to hedge my bets in case he's a mod on here!) but it would be difficult to conceive of someone who could be more the antithesis of Bond.

Haha, you should have seen the guys that won the Avengers BluRay and DVD boxsets at my local multimedia store!

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Its now in my hands...this set has had me worried what with some of the negativity but folks I have to say, it is a great set and transfers are just great. Loving it!! ;-)
    Bought mine at HMV today! Nice set of 24 postcards free with it which was a nice little bonus! Now proudly with the rest of my collection! :D
  • Shocking. Positively Shocking. I didn't get my boxset today...but I didn't expect it to turn up as its being shipped from the UK...so to celebrate I just popped in Goldfinger from the discs that I already had on blu...
  • Does anyone know if the set will be released on iTunes as a digital set?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm happy with what I got for £90 and considering it value for money OHMSS looks superb but that bonus disc is a poor excuse, the Skyfall blogs are paltry and would have killed them to stick at least The Skyfall teaser on there?

Rant over and it's just a sideline really the money spent was worth it.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I have checked out LTK... So clean and it actually makes Daltons eyes twinkle with rage. Love it.
    Goldenye is intermittently brilliant, there was always an inherent grain on GE which has been preserved here, the opening shot of the film proper with the nose of the Aston in the foreground is immense.
    YOLT again stays true to its original pallette and the detail is wonderful, Seans toupee has never been so obvious. Ha ha.

Seriously though. A really wonderful set. I concur @Shardlake.
  • Shardlake wrote:
    I'm happy with what I got for £90 and considering it value for money OHMSS looks superb but that bonus disc is a poor excuse, the Skyfall blogs are paltry and would have killed them to stick at least The Skyfall teaser on there?

Rant over and it's just a sideline really the money spent was worth it.

Glad to hear that you are happy with the quality of OHMSS. Based on the quality of the blu's already released I wouldn't have expected anything less....looking forward to checking out OHMSS for myself.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Are the special features on HD too?
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    You guys make me envious- I won't be getting my set until late in the day tomorrow! (Just got my shipping notice from Amazon) I guess going to see DN on the big screen tonight at my local AMC movie theater will make up for it. Somewhat.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    I hope mine comes tomorrow. It does say on tracking, receipt in transit. What does that mean. does it mean its in the van waiting to go out?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These filled my YouTube sub box:

More than that! Haha it was super SPAM!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Saw those too. I noticed Moonraker was upload twice.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just head to the jamesbond007 YouTube page to see all the films in their Blu-ray glory!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesbond007?feature=watch
    001 wrote:

A narrow squeak.

BAIN123 wrote:

What made you think kiel celebrity status was dissapointing?
    You have to agree being a celebrity like kiel, being paid to sign autographs, free food, accomodation, parties, movie premieres, being chaffeured around the world doesn't sound too shabby.
    You underestimate the lifestyle of a celebrity.
    Just got back from my local AMC where they were showing DN tonight and I freakin' won the Bond 50 set. Can not believe it! They gave away the same comic con poster I had to buy from ebay. But I still can not believe I was the guy who had the sheet of paper that said "YOU WIN" taped to the bottom of his seat. I mean, what are the odds? Am I the first person in The States to win? Any others?
    Has this version of the 007 logo (with the name) been seen before? It's on all the new 50th videos on the official YT channel:

newlogo.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Goldenball wrote:
    Just got back from my local AMC where they were showing DN tonight and I freakin' won the Bond 50 set. Can not believe it! They gave away the same comic con poster I had to buy from ebay. But I still can not believe I was the guy who had the sheet of paper that said "YOU WIN" taped to the bottom of his seat. I mean, what are the odds? Am I the first person in The States to win? Any others?

Excellent news, I'm very jealous! I was going to see the showing at Tysons Corner in Virginia, but I'm about three to four hours away from it, and I have classes all day tomorrow, so I couldn't make it. I kept thinking of how amazing it must be to win. If you've already purchased your copy of the box set, feel free to send me that one, haha.
    Yeah, I've had it pre-ordered all summer- probably get here tomorrow from Amazon- it's on its way. Just a great night, either way, you know? Even the stubs show date and time of the show DR. NO printed on them. Nice.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Goldenball wrote:
    Yeah, I've had it pre-ordered all summer- probably get here tomorrow from Amazon- it's on its way. Just a great night, either way, you know? Even the stubs show date and time of the show DR. NO printed on them. Nice.

I bet. I was pretty ecstatic to read about someone winning the box set in every location, only to see the date of the showing for DN. If I had the money to go, along with the free time from college, I would have made the trip to see it. Glad you enjoyed yourself, and congratulations on winning!

• Well I got mine yesterday. Watched the disappointing extras disc, then had a double bill of OHMSS and DAF. The picture quality is superb, particularly with the former - a wonderful restoration of a beautiful looking film. I share a lot of the disappointments about the effort put into the set as a whole, but most of that just melted away as soon as I saw my favourite Bond film with that picture quality.