James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• RC7RC7
    TPM007 wrote:
    Kananga wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    On the subject of AVTAK, does anybody's film jump a few frames when Mayday jumps into bed with Bond? Not that it's a few frames that I'm gonna miss but it looks really odd!

It does, blame the editor.

But I swear my old special edition DVD and VHS copy didn't do that! I'll have to rewatch!

It's always been like that.
  • It's always jumped.
  • I wish it had jumped a few more :)
    i only had v1 of the ultimate edition sets so idk what all the special features are for all the movies. watching other movies we borrowed from the library will watch bond 50 once done with those.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So will the other six UE blu-rays not release until SF comes out on DVD and blu-ray?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In the US, the remaining nine titles are available separately. You should be able to find them all @Creasy47.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    In the US, the remaining nine titles are available separately. You should be able to find them all @Creasy47.

I found the three that were available at Wal-Mart, but not the three that were supposed to be at Target and Best Buy, @Samuel001.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Oh, I see. Well they should all be out there. Good luck hunting them down.

Next year, I'd guess you're right, all the films will be made available separately everywhere.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Oh, I see. Well they should all be out there. Good luck hunting them down.

Next year, I'd guess you're right, all the films will be made available separately everywhere.

I suppose I have to wait another six months or so for the last six, because even with a simple Google search, I can't find TND on blu-ray.

Quickly checked all the disc's in the boxset earliar today! Blown away at the picture quality! :-O Definately a good purchase and worth every penny! :D
    TheBondFan wrote:

Perhaps they meant 114 minutes? Even if they made an extended cut, I doubt it'd be over 3 hours! haha
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Quantum of Solace: The 3 hour 34 minute director's cut! Har har har.

It surely is a mistake, but like @JWESTBROOK said, they could have meant 114 minutes? (Eight minutes longer than the theatrical version of QOS???) A true director's cut at last?

...not that I would buy it, mind you, I just picked up that beautiful Bond 50 blu-ray set and have no intention of ever buying any more editions...until they come out with 4K Blu-ray of course.... ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 268
    A question - if I only buy the new blu-ray separate releases will I be missing out on some of the bonus features for the respective films?
    RC7 wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    Kananga wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    On the subject of AVTAK, does anybody's film jump a few frames when Mayday jumps into bed with Bond? Not that it's a few frames that I'm gonna miss but it looks really odd!

It does, blame the editor.

But I swear my old special edition DVD and VHS copy didn't do that! I'll have to rewatch!

It's always been like that.
    I would expect any film to jump if Mayday jumps into bed with Sir Rog.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited October 2012 Posts: 9,117
    TheBondFan wrote:

...not that I would buy it, mind you, I just picked up that beautiful Bond 50 blu-ray set and have no intention of ever buying any more editions...until they come out with 4K Blu-ray of course.... ;)

Yeah that's my thinking in buying this set. Having constantly upgraded from VHS to widescreen VHS to SE DVD to UE DVD to Bluray over the last 10 years I reckon I'm done now until 2022 and the diamond jubilee 1 terabyte USB stick box set.
    i heard on their fb fan page for the set that the movies look the same way they did in the ue dvds. the resolution for golden eye is 480p? is that hd? qos is just a repackaging of the original blu-ray release with not too many extras.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    The Goldeneye res is not 480p according to how my Ps3 and Toshiba blu ray player read the disk. Tjey both read at 1080p full hd. You are right about QOS though, shocking. :-)
  • Just a random question about the Blu Ray menu's, are any of you getting the actual title of the film on the menu like the ultimate edition menus did, because when the shadow figure turns and shoots the name of the film should appear but it doesn't, it also doesn't appear in the top right hand corner either.

I'm guessing it might be to do with the way the Blu Ray menus work with them being interactive, just wanted to know if any of you guys are having the same thing?

I know it sounds like a minor thing but it just bugged me.

Also going off topic, just heard the sample of the Skyfall theme, Oh My God it is sounding excellent, far more superior to that awful shlock song that was AWTD!!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    My FRWL cover:
    frwlx.png
    Did they fix the cropping on AVTAK and GE?
  • The individual blu rays are released today in the US or tomorrow?
    CrzChris4 wrote:
    Did they fix the cropping on AVTAK and GE?

From past posts, I know that the cropping was fixed on GE. I'm not sure about AVTAK, but I'm sure it has.
    OwenDavian wrote:
    The individual blu rays are released today in the US or tomorrow?

The separate UE blu-rays were released on Friday, September 28th. I found a good deal of them at Wal-Mart, including the three that only Wal-Mart received, which I believe were GE, OP, and DAF. I've ordered all of the ones that Wal-Mart had to offer, and they should arrive by October 8th.

As for the other missing six, I'm now under the impression that they won't arrive until SF is released on blu-ray and DVD. Target was supposed to receive an exclusive three films, as was Best Buy, but I've checked the online site for both and found nothing. No TLD, TND, etc. for a while, then, it seems.

• I'll check Target tomorrow morning and report back.
    OwenDavian wrote:
    I'll check Target tomorrow morning and report back.

Thank you very much. I'm up at college and have neither Target nor Best Buy near me. I plan on going home and out to town to see 'Taken 2' this weekend, so I'll check Best Buy (and Target, if the films are there) to find out.
  • I'll check out Walmart too.
    OwenDavian wrote:
    I'll check out Walmart too.

When I went, they had a very big display case out with the separate UE blu-rays, alongside separate UE DVD's and UE DVD sets.
  • Huh. I thought they were supposed to be released on Tuesday.
    OwenDavian wrote:
    Huh. I thought they were supposed to be released on Tuesday.

At first, I was under the impression that none of the separate UE blu-rays would be released until SF was released on DVD/blu-ray, unless you purchased the Bond 50 box set. Then, I was reassured that they would all be out in October. Now, I don't think the other six exclusives will be available until next year. But, it's possible that both Target and Best Buy are only doing store releases for them, or something to that effect.
  • Walmart had no Bond movies at all in store not even the box set. Picked up AVTAK and TND at Target. Best Buy only had the box set.