James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• Goldenball wrote:
    Just got back from my local AMC where they were showing DN tonight and I freakin' won the Bond 50 set. Can not believe it! They gave away the same comic con poster I had to buy from ebay. But I still can not believe I was the guy who had the sheet of paper that said "YOU WIN" taped to the bottom of his seat. I mean, what are the odds? Am I the first person in The States to win? Any others?

Haha! That's great! Well done!

• edited September 2012 Posts: 74
    It is supposed to be released tomorrow, but the French have not even started packaging my Brosnan era blu-ray box yet . . .

:-O

So "Goldeneye" day will not come tomorrow, I guess. Looking very much foreward to "Tomorrow never dies" also. I belive the box has its fours discs contained in standard single-issue cases -- it looks too broad to have paper or cardboard sleeves. The same goes for the Moore and Connery boxes that I of course did not order -- only one Connery and one Moore movie remaining on my wishing list . . !

If my guess is right, those who ordered one of the era boxes might be the first to get individually cased Bond blu-rays in the new look . . .

:)>-
  • It is supposed to be released tomorrow, but the French have not even started packaging my Brosnan era blu-ray box yet . . .
    :-O

So "Goldeneye" day will not come tomorrow, I guess. Looking very much foreward to "Tomorrow never dies" also. I belive the box has its fours discs contained in standard single-issue cases -- it looks too broad to have paper or cardboard sleeves. The same goes for the Moore and Connery boxes that I of course did not order -- only one Connery and one Moore movie remaining on my wishing list . . !

If my guess is right, those who ordered one of the era boxes might be the first to get individually cased Bond blu-rays in the new look . . .

:)>-

The price for this set (Brosnan)has now also dropped to 29,99euro. A good deal at 7,50euro per film for those that don't need to order the 22 collection. The interesting thing I noticed with this set and the Roger Moore set is the number of discs in the box. According to the box the Brosnan set has 4 films but 8 discs (!!) and the Moore box has 7 films and 14 discs (!!!)...maybe this is an error/misprint on the box...

• The interesting thing I noticed with this set and the Roger Moore set is the number of discs in the box. According to the box the Brosnan set has 4 films but 8 discs (!!) and the Moore box has 7 films and 14 discs (!!!)...maybe this is an error/misprint on the box...

Huh? I did not notice that! The French Amazon site says four discs for the box I ordered, but You are right: the printing on the box as pictured says eight -- but so does the printing on the DVD box: eight. I guess You are correct to assume an error on the box -- I will know for sure soon, I hope . . .

;)

• Its interesting that on the amazon french site they are selling individual boxsets of all the Connery,Moore,Brosnan films but not a set for OHMSS, TLD and LTK. They have a 4 set Brosnan box so they could have easily done a 3 set Lazenby/Dalton set...or made a 5 set and put CR and QOS in there also...
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    My bluray boxset is out for delivery so it should arrive today.

On a view to a kill you can tell its a stunt man. ah blu ray brings out everything lol
  • zb007zb007 UK
    edited September 2012 Posts: 85
    Got mine just now

2012-09-25112527.jpg
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Watched OHMSS last night. Brilliant. What to watch next? One of the Dalton's probably. Nice to see the option of the mono track on OHMSS, should really be available on all from Dr No through to TMWTGG! Have to say that the 5.1 track is pretty damn good though. If I didn't have to work I could be in the middle of a Bondathon by now!
    Good quality slipcase, sturdy and nice books which are well printed, all in all a great boxset.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Watched OHMSS last night. Brilliant. What to watch next? One of the Dalton's probably. Nice to see the option of the mono track on OHMSS, should really be available on all from Dr No through to TMWTGG! Have to say that the 5.1 track is pretty damn good though. If I didn't have to work I could be in the middle of a Bondathon by now!
    Good quality slipcase, sturdy and nice books which are well printed, all in all a great boxset.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but watch LTK, I have never seen a coast guard helicopter look so vibrant. The tanker explosions are fantastic too! :-)
  • I just watched AVTAK

Good god the colours do come alive.

Sadly they haven't fixed the shaky shot when the earth tremor happens at stacey's house.

It is true that you can notice EVEN Moore that Moore had a stunt man for his loves scenes ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think a restoration was just what LTK needed, because at times the picture feels fuzzy to me when watching it. Hard to explain. But after seeing some of it in Blu-ray, that problem is fixed and it look weel pwetty. ;))
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    My bluray arrived today. Its amazing. I got the art cards aswell.
    I kind of feel sorry for old Dalts. On the Blu ray cover it looks like they've just lumped him at the far end while Connery, Craig, Brosnan, Laz and Moore seem to dominate a bit more
    My bluray arrived today. Its amazing. I got the art cards aswell.

I'm still waiting.... :!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Sorry to sound like a broken record but watch LTK, I have never seen a coast guard helicopter look so vibrant. The tanker explosions are fantastic too! :-)

Alright guys calm down a bit. Lets stop congratulating EON for giving us merely a good Bluray transfer. Bluray films to to look more vibrant and crisp - its just doing what it says on the tin and despite being a nice box I still stand by the opinion that this is a very poor box set for the 50th anniversary.
    The pathetic bonus disc with its '2 hours of new material' and the fact they couldnt even be bothered to standardise the QOS menu with the rest to make it a proper set just give an indication of how much actual thought was put into this.
    I think the bloke who designed the 007 Legends box art probably took longer over it than whoever put this box set together.

And remember all these unreleased films were transferred ages ago and the discs have been sat for years in a warehouse somewhere just gathering dust. Its only the MGM takover shambles that meant we have had to wait this long. They would have been released alongside all the others but by the time it was all sorted they saw an opportunity to hold them back another year and use the non released films as an inducement to get us mugs to buy the whole box set - hence no need to make the effort to give us anything special; their thinking being that the new discs would be sufficient to draw us in.

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!

Alright guys calm down a bit. Lets stop congratulating EON...

You surely dont think I was being 'that' serious about the coast guard helicopter? Ha ha. Thats the least of this superb box sets boasts. I havent congratulated anyone or any organisation, I feel its entirely right that we celebrate our beloved films in this new medium however lacklustre people feel the content is.

By the way check out MWTGG, Sheriff Peppers shirt is even more hideous than ever before! :-)

Alright guys calm down a bit. Lets stop congratulating EON...

You surely dont think I was being 'that' serious about the coast guard helicopter? Ha ha. Thats the least of this superb box sets boasts. I havent congratulated anyone or any organisation, I feel its entirely right that we celebrate our beloved films in this new medium however lacklustre people feel the content is.

By the way check out MWTGG, Sheriff Peppers shirt is even more hideous than ever before! :-)

Sorry just quoted you randomly from the list of people who are going on about how amazing the films look. Well they will because they have been given a good Bluray transfer. The side effect of such a process is that the films look better.

Its like buying a Coke and going 'wow its so sweet and thirst quenching' or going to a Vin Diesel film and saying 'well that was a pile of shite.'
    No worries, I get what you mean but I have never owned blu ray before and never had a tv like the one I just bought so im loving this right now. Im literally seeing new things in films ive spent half of these 50 years adoring. <:-P
    Fair enough if its your first HD telly you must be blown away. I think you are therefore entitled to be happy then. Welcome to the 21st century.
    I've got an HD tv but its a small one in my bedroom :(
  • You lucky guys! I keep checking my account with Amazon.fr, but they are still not processing my Brosnan era box! Well, they did not guarantee delivery on release day to foreign customers anyway.

Any opinion yet on "Tomorrow never dies", anyone?
  • I got an email sayin my order was dispatched on saturday so do reckon it will arrive tomorrow since i live in the uk?

Alright guys calm down a bit. Lets stop congratulating EON for giving us merely a good Bluray transfer. Bluray films to to look more vibrant and crisp - its just doing what it says on the tin and despite being a nice box I still stand by the opinion that this is a very poor box set for the 50th anniversary.
    The pathetic bonus disc with its '2 hours of new material' and the fact they couldnt even be bothered to standardise the QOS menu with the rest to make it a proper set just give an indication of how much actual thought was put into this.
    I think the bloke who designed the 007 Legends box art probably took longer over it than whoever put this box set together.

And remember all these unreleased films were transferred ages ago and the discs have been sat for years in a warehouse somewhere just gathering dust. Its only the MGM takover shambles that meant we have had to wait this long. They would have been released alongside all the others but by the time it was all sorted they saw an opportunity to hold them back another year and use the non released films as an inducement to get us mugs to buy the whole box set - hence no need to make the effort to give us anything special; their thinking being that the new discs would be sufficient to draw us in.

If it is a very poor box set for the 50th anniversary why did you buy it then?

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    For the price we all paid I don't think we can complain, yes they could of added much more but that would have increased the price, in these cash strapped times I'm sure quite a few of us don't want be paying the price box sets have been going for, considering the Indiana Jones box set is between £50 - £60 (yes I will be buying it) and you get 4 films one which is utter excrement and quite a lot of extras and you are getting with the Bond 50 22 films with all the previous extras, I think this more than represents value for money.

I don't want to have to pay a fortune to get these films and I actually thought when I saw what was included in this set we were going to have to pay much more, consider the ridiculous price that Harry Potter set cost, this is extreme value for money. Maybe you've got money to spunk up the wall but many of us haven't, therefore this is more than sufficient, the UE's were stuffed with pretty much as much as you could say about these films, no the extras disc isn't very good but I didn't buy it for that, I bought it to have all 22 films in a quality not in some cases available before and that is what I got.
    Dear Eon give me QOS Collectors's Edition NOW! I implore you!
    Shardlake wrote:
    For the price we all paid I don't think we can complain, yes they could of added much more but that would have increased the price, in these cash strapped times I'm sure quite a few of us don't want be paying the price box sets have been going for, considering the Indiana Jones box set is between £50 - £60 (yes I will be buying it) and you get 4 films one which is utter excrement and quite a lot of extras and you are getting with the Bond 50 22 films with all the previous extras, I think this more than represents value for money.

I don't want to have to pay a fortune to get these films and I actually thought when I saw what was included in this set we were going to have to pay much more, consider the ridiculous price that Harry Potter set cost, this is extreme value for money. Maybe you've got money to spunk up the wall but many of us haven't, therefore this is more than sufficient, the UE's were stuffed with pretty much as much as you could say about these films, no the extras disc isn't very good but I didn't buy it for that, I bought it to have all 22 films in a quality not in some cases available before and that is what I got.

You're right it's great value.
    I own 10 bond blurays so i won't be getting the boxset yet.
    Maybe when it drops in price eventually or if i sell my blurays.

001 wrote:

If it is a very poor box set for the 50th anniversary why did you buy it then?

[/quote]

Well to quote the great Arnold Judas Rimmer - 'If you cant have two weeks in the Caribbean then Grimsby is better than nothing.'

I also largely bought it to clear some space on my DVD shelf as I live in a small flat and to get hold of OHMSS and TLD without waiting for the individual releases which you can bet will coincide with the DVD/Bluray release of SF in another 6 months.
    Shardlake wrote:

Never said it wasnt good value for 22 Blurays, thats not the issue.

I havent got money to spunk up the wall either but I was prepared to make an exception seeing as this is supposed to be the f**king 50th. Surely I cant be the only one?
    I. Want. To. Give. EON. My. Money!!!

But they're just not interested in taking it.
  • The French-German friendship isn't what it once was. Got an E-mail from France this morning: exactly on the day of release (!), they have delayed shipment of my Brosnan era blu-ray box to October 9 . . !

How strange. The site still has a release date of September 26 but now mentions a 9 to 12 day delivery. What is going on there? Is it a manufacturer's delay in getting the box out, or has Amazon.fr run out of boxes too quick?

Whatever: it seems, I will not be able to join in the blu-celebrations for a little while . . .

:((
  • Merde!...Maybe they noticed that on the box it says 8 bluray discs when there are only 4!!
    and as a result have to redo all the boxes...or people are going to be telephoning and asking where the extra discs are...Just a thought.
    The French-German friendship isn't what it once was. Got an E-mail from France this morning: exactly on the day of release (!), they have delayed shipment of my Brosnan era blu-ray box to October 9 . . !

How strange. The site still has a release date of September 26 but now mentions a 9 to 12 day delivery. What is going on there? Is it a manufacturer's delay in getting the box out, or has Amazon.fr run out of boxes too quick?

Whatever: it seems, I will not be able to join in the blu-celebrations for a little while . . .

:((

• WOO HOO! Mine is here too!
    Spent all night rewatching special features, and starting a Bond marathon tomorrow.
    One a day. Prepare for Skyfall!

Really disappointed by the QoS disc though...I mean its the EXACT same. All the others have matching menus and everything. I mean there is a trailer for AUSTRALIA...ughh