Best Bond Girl Tournament (Your Champion: Tracy Bond)

Comments

Vesper Lynd, no doubt.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Melina vs Vesper

Melina, one of the most attractive Bond Girls of all. When I think of Vesper, I can't help but think of Archer. "Would you pick an accent and stick with it."
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Melina!
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 161
    Melina vs Vesper

Melina, one of the most attractive Bond Girls of all. When I think of Vesper, I can't help but think of Archer. "Would you pick an accent and stick with it."
    Haha, that show is awesome!

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Voting has closed. Taking the victory ride down the Champs-Elysees is Vesper who routed Melina by a 9-3 tally. Vesper has joined fellow country woman Domino in the second round, while Melina has vowed revenge while digging two graves at the Bastille.

For the third day in a row, a film has been eliminated from the tournament. It started with TND, yesterday it was DAD and today FYEO exits from the tournament.

We are 3/4 of the way through the first round. Let's see what the Randomnator has come up with today.

For those of you patiently waiting for Maud Adams to make her debut, wait no more. Which of Maud's characters will be doing battle today?

It's Major Smythe's daughter, the one who had the film named after her...

Octopussy

Now, wouldn't it be hilarious if the Randomnator drew Andrea Anders for her opponent. There's a one in fifteen chance it could happen and we've already had some interesting draws in the first round.

Let's find out who it is.

OH MY GOODNESS! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! It's....

It's...

Della Churchill

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/adams.php3?t=op&s=op

http://old.commanderbond.net/resources/sections/news/images/cleveland_conv/Della_Churchill.jpg

SInce it's a three day weekend in the colonies, I think a doubleheader is warranted today.

The Randomnator was a little kinder this time around for the second match of the doubleheader.

This matchup involves the classic Moore vs Connery rivalry. Our first contestant represents the Moore era. A beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. She is a pilot by trade who is easily enamored by Bond's heart of gold. She is an actress who made several notable French films and her least favorite song is "Who Let the Dogs Out". She is the lovely Corrine Clery...

Corrine Dufour

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/clery.php3?t=mr&s=mr

I understand there's other pictures of her out there in cyberworld.

As I mentioned, Corrine's opponent is from the Connery era. Although she's a replacement in her film, she shows that she is more than capable. She shows incredible stamina in going up and down volcanoes, swimming and repelling Bond's honeymoon advances. Please welcome Japanese creen star Mie Hama....

Kissy Suzuki

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/hama.php3?t=yolt&s=yolt

Our two matches today are...

Octopussy vs Della
    Corinne vs Kissy

Can Maud make it the first of two wins to join her dual role counterpart Martine Bestwick in the first round, or can the former Three's Company star avoid tragedy?

Will Corrine be the third French woman to advance to the second round or will Kissy join her Japanese sister in arms Aki in the second round.

Place your bets now to see the payoff tomorrow evening US West Coast time.

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    "Come and knock on our door, come and knock on our door, take a step that is new, take a step that is new......"

Perhaps it's the influence of those reruns being aired on the Antenna TV network lately but I vote in the first match for(surprise! surprise!)

Mrs. Della Churchill Leiter

and in the second match for

Kissy Suzuki.

All 4 ladies are wonderful IMHO.
  • Octopussy and Corinne
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Octopussy > Della
    Corrine > Kissy
    Della and Kissy, please.
    Della and Corinne
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I pick Octopussy and Corinne (who will always be O to me)!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Octopussy, because eight is better than one.

Corinne, because I'm intrigued by that list her mother gave her.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Octopussy vs Della
    Corinne vs Kissy
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Octopussy vs. Della
    Corrine vs. Kissy
    Octopussy & Corinne
    Octopussy vs Della
    Corinne vs Kissy
  • Octopussy and Corinne.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Tough, tough draw for me that Aki/ Frosty one. So much so, I hated voted against either, so I abstained. ;) Decided I'd be happy whichever went through and sad whichever went out, so, well, guess I'm rather neutral about the result. Hmmm.

Anyhoo, here's my picks today...

Octopussy v Della

Corinne v Kissy

Hard tie for La Dufour there, but while she's hot as hell and falls foul of the one of the best death scenes of the series, her opponent's a sweet, sexy little thing and ultimately the better character, think it's fair to say...
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2011 Posts: 2,629
    I'm going to go ahead and call this one. Della and Kissy actually put up a fight early on (particularly Della), however, they eventually fell to the favorites Octopussy and Corinne by an 8-4 score. The Moore Era pulls off the doubleheader sweep today. The honeymoooooooooon is over for Della and we have to kiss Kissy goodbye.

In honor of Memorial Day in the States and Spring Bank Holiday in the UK this Monday, let's have another doubleheader.

Our first contestant is the last remaining representative from the Dalton Era not to participate in the first round. She was a valuable ally to Bond on the wrong end of the Iron Curtain. She was excellent at cleaning and oiling tubes and could smother a man without using any limbs. She certainly can set off alarms wherever she went. From The Living Daylights, please welcome...

Rosika Milkos

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rosika miklos/s96024/May29_37.jpg

Rosika's opponent is the last remaining woman from her film. She watched her sister get destroyed by an icon and a potential female suitor get put to bed by a nurse. It's up to this woman to save her film. She was a nuisance to Bond. She can't drive in the Swiss countryside, she can't change a tire, she can't shoot and she can't skate. Quite frankly, she lost her head in Goldfinger. She is Tania Mallet...

Tilly Masterson

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/mallet.php3?t=gf&s=gf

Now for the second holiday matchup.

The long break is over for The Man With the Golden Gun participants. Mary Goodnight won the second match of the first round. Andrea and Saida are still waiting their turn. I think Andrea needs to rest up before heading back into battle. Today we'll have the Lebanese belly dancer make her appearance. She is charming, but is capable of losing her charm in an instance. Bond preferred her belly over a sumo wrestler's arse. She can also send men to the pharmacy to, um, well I'll leave that to your imagination. Let's welcome...

Saida

http://images3.makefive.com/images/entertainment/movies/best-bond-girl/carmen-du-sautoy-as-saida-in-the-man-with-the-golden-gun-7.jpg

Saida's opponent is the original bad girl. A SPECTRE opperative who had her boss fooled, but not Bond. She enjoys the crisp mountain air and prefers cooking at home over dining out. Her home does have the occasional unwanted guest. She is an eavesdropper, but not a swallower. She is Zena Marshall...

Miss Taro

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/marshall.php3?t=dn&s=dn

Rosika vs Tilly
    Saida vs Miss Taro

Will Rosika motorboard her way to victory or will Tilly once again manage not to kill off Goldfinger?

Will Saida charm her way to victory or will Miss Taro spit in the face of her competition?

Vote away and find out around this time tomorrow.
    Tilly and Miss Taro
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Tilly Masterson & Miss Taro
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Tilly > Rosie
    Saida < Miss Taro
    Tilly & Miss Taro
  • Tilly and Miss Taro!
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 26
    While Tilly was definitely sexier than Rosika, I have to admit her brief part in TLD was downright hilarious, and I doubt anyone else will vote for her, so I'll give her a vote for sympathy. ;-)

And I definitely vote Miss Taro for the other duel.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Tilly and Saida
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Tilly, because she goes ice skating with a rifle. That's my girl!

Miss Taro, because she'll sleep with a man and then proceed to kill him.
    The two "T"s
    Rosika vs Tilly
    Saida vs Miss Taro
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Tilly
    Saida