Best Bond Girl Tournament (Your Champion: Tracy Bond)

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Thank you all very much for the kudos. OK, recess is over.

LET'S START ROUND TWO.

Remember all 31 winners and Christmas Jones went back into the Magic Tote Bag. All names will be drawn at random.

Our first contestant extinguished her opponent rather easily and took a victory ride down the Thames. Now she kicks off the tournament. She is the first of four from Thunderball to appear in the second round. She has brought her lucky camera and starfish with her. From France, please welcome the very lovely...Claudine Auger...

Domino Durvall

Domino's opponent was unimpressed with Strawberry Fields Forever and buried her in oil. The lady who's name rhymes with Dolly of the same film. Darn it, I forgot to include Dolly in the tournament. Oh well, maybe next time. Anyways, let's see what the not really mad doctor has cooked up. From Houston, Texas, please welcome, Lois Chiles...

Dr. Holly Goodhead

Will the sweet Domino be the first woman to advance to the Sweet 16, or will Holly throw Domino into the centrifuge and leave her to Chang's devices?

Place your bets now!

Note: This match will go a little longer than 24 hours. I'll be attending a baseball game tomorrow night. Will update as soon as I get home.

Domino
    Domino
  • Easily Domino.
  • Domino
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    is this a trick question?

:-D

Domino!!
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    So it's Connery's 4th leading 007 girl vs. Moore's 4th leading 007 girl. Love 'em both. They're both among my top 5 Bond heroines and I'll be sorry to see either of them go. To prevent this from being a complete shut-out, I cast my vote for:

Holly
    Domino. I'd vote a hundred times if I could.
    Domino
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,630
    Domino Derval
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Domino
    Domino it is. A perfect screen rendering of Fleming's character.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Holly Goodhead
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I'll go with Domino even though it will be a landslide. Holly deserves way more props than she receives, she is far superior as a Bond girl than many other "female agents". But she is no Domino.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Domino.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 423
    Domino's hotter, is a better character and can act far better, but I feel sorry for Holly having only two votes :P

Holly
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bravo @anotherbondgeek !! Well done on your vote for Holly - they don't come too often !! Haha MR rules !! :-bd
    Domino, no doubt.

Only good thing about Holly is her surname. One of most bland bond girls ever to grace the screen and the major weakness of Moonraker.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Holly deserves way more props than she receives, she is far superior as a Bond girl than many other "female agents".
    ITA. I wish Kerim's randomator had put forward the name of another female agent Bond girl to play against Holly instead but as the old song goes "Que Sera, Sera."

Domino
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Domino, because my sharp little eyes tell me so much about her.
    domino
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited June 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Sorry, guys, just like her swimming costume, Domino's wet - my vote therefore goes to the good Dr Goodhead.

And you left out Dolly, Kerim? How could you! (I've met her in real life, you know, she's still a bit of all right...) X_X
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited June 2011 Posts: 823
    Domino, no doubt.

Only good thing about Holly is her surname. One of most bland bond girls ever to grace the screen and the major weakness of Moonraker.
    Holly is a typical of SOME (now I said SOME, NOT ALL, so don't Y'ALL start complaining to the MODS about me Generalizing ALL American Women!!) American women!

They are smart but at the same time they think because they are smart, a Man has to jump through hoops and stand on his head and walk through fire to even get a kiss from her - if he is even lucky to get that much!!

I've met many American women like her in my life - they think they are so good that they are too good for any Men.

I have one that works at my stores that's like Holly; she is extremely opinionated, she always wants to be correct, if she thinks she is going to lose a discussion or argument, she will walk away and say: "Discussion over, I am right!!", she always want to be in charge and she wants everything done her way, etc etc -

- and she is not even a Manager, Assistant Manager or Shift Supervisor.

Then she wonders why she can't keep any of the boyfriends she had in her life, around!!

I kind of miss the old days; if a woman misbehaves or is disobedient; you could slap her a couple of times or put her across your knees and give her a spanking!!

Bond did it right in the early Bond films when he slapped women around or twisted their arms!!

Now Women's Lib and Feminism has ruined all that!

After all, we Men are still running the world!!

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Sorry for the delay folks. Got home late last night after a glorious shutout victory by the Arizona Diamondbacks. To make this up, I shall do a doubleheader.

Now for the results. Domino is the first lady to advance to the Sweet 16 with a comfortable 16-4 victory over Holly Goodhead.

Now for the first of two matches. Dr. No batted 3 for 3 in the first round. Today, I will guarantee you that at least one woman from Dr. No will advance to the third round. I will also guarantee you that all three ladies won't advance. What I am talking about? This match is the Joseph Wiseman Memorial Cup match in which a woman from Dr. No is facing a woman from Dr. No.

Which two ladies from the below picture will be facing each other?

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/images/zena_marshall2.jpg

It's the crab lady from Switzerland versus the spitter from Kenya.

Honey Rider vs Miss Taro

Honey was golden in her first round victory while Miss Taro took the charm away from her first round opponent.

The second matchup represents Roger Moore's 70's era of disco, bad fashion, bad American automobiles and blaxploitation. Both ladies are from England.

The first contestant is hugely popular for two reasons. She is a film cult favorite and she is a handsome craft. This woman kept the youth in line in her first round matchup. Please welcome Caroline Munro....

Naomi

While Naomi was naughty in the Bond universe, Naomi's opponent needed Bond to teach her how to be naughty. She won a tough first round battle over another naughty girl and now will face her second straight bad girl, which could corrupt her innocent ways. Please welcome the ageless one...Jayne Seymour...

Solitaire

Honey vs Taro
    Naomi vs Solitaire

Will the Bond Girl icon advance to the third round or will Ms Taro trap Honey into an ambush?

Will Naomi gun down Solitaire or will Solitaire trump Naomi to advance?

Vote away and I will call the two matchups around 6PM Pacific time tomorrow for these two draws which could be interesting.

• edited June 2011 Posts: 212
    After some more thought, I've changed my mind on the second contest.

Honey Rider vs Miss Taro
    Naomi vs Solitaire
    Honey vs Taro
    Naomi vs Solitaire
  • Honey and Solitaire. Two of the best Bond girls of all.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Honey vs Taro
    Naomi vs Solitaire
  • Honey and Solitaire!