Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    I know, they need to stop circling the same rumors.

Yes, i think your right. But now i hope it realy is Adele, after a year of rumors. I mean, what ever it is, she is going a theme , a one song. It has to be her. We all know it realy.
  • And Showbiz411 got it from The Sun, correct? A vicious darn circle!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    And The Sun just stated that Adele was seen near "Abbey Road studios earlier this month" which could be completely made up as she's currently heavily pregnant.

Sometimes a Sun rumour goes nowhere but other times it spreads like crazy. This is one of those times.
    Just to reiterate what many people have been saying on here. Absolutely nothing has been confirmed by EON/Sony.

And the showbiz411 story seems to be the original source for many of today's 'confirmations'.

We'll no doubt be hearing relatively soon who the artist(s) is/are doing the theme. Of course it may well turn out to be Adele, but right now we simply don't know (I have absolutely no inside knowledge on who's doing it).

Lizo.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Ha, you tell them Lizo! It'll all come in good time.

Do you have the date for your Skyfall screening yet?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    Twitter...IMDb. IT MUST BE TRUE!!! (:|

Oh please! You KNOW, nobody is saying this,but a some point, all indications lead towards one truth. I think, this is the case here.

It is Adele but he's right, Twitter and IMBD are hardly reliable.

We have a more reliable source on this site. @Mreon is Tony Lewis and he said "not so wrong on the theme front either" to somebody who was talking about Adele doing it.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just wish EON would announce something we don't already know.
    :))

..and none of us will say "I told you so"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:

Seriously. The title of the film was leaked. We knew Fiennes was involved. It is highly likely history will repeat itself here.
    Germanlady wrote:

Seriously. The title of the film was leaked. We knew Fiennes was involved. It is highly likely history will repeat itself here.

To be fair, in our days its getting more and more difficult for the producers to keep their secrets. Too many ways to spread the news, the rumors, everything. Too many people knowing too many ways to share the goods.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

To be fair, in our days its getting more and more difficult for the producers to keep their secrets. Too many ways to spread the news, the rumors, everything. Too many people knowing too many ways to share the goods.
    It is possible to keep things under wraps if you run a nice and tight ship. But then there are those pesky fans who spend their days researching and speculating every facet of the film in question...
    :-\"
    When it's posted on 007.com i'll believe it.
    gt007 wrote:
    Global James Bond Day is our safest bet for a big announcement like this one.

Best case scenario, they'll announce it a few days earlier and release the song on Global James Bond Day.

That's exactly my theory on all this too.
  • Yes, thats what i would do. I wish it would hurry up though, i am getting a bit impatient now. All this speculation going around the net is doing me crazy. ~X(
  • Yes, thats what i would do. I wish it would hurry up though, i am getting a bit impatient now. All this speculation going around the net is doing me crazy. ~X(

Good things come to those who wait...

I would expect that the producers would want to take advantage of Global James Bond day to push the marketing of Skyfall. So what would they announce? New poster or new trailer? We've had two posters and two trailers so the only "unreleased" info would be the title song. It's not too long now so we'll know soon enough. Though I'd love to hear it for the first time over the credits I doubt that I'll be able to resist temptation and will listen to it as soon as it's released.
    I hope it is announced on Bond day. I will also proberbly not be able to resist listening to it. I did say i was fustrated with waiting now, but there is lots ot keep me busy in the mean time. I will have the bond blu ray boxset to watch, a Bond on Set book, and 007 Legends. so theres plenty to do, and the time will just fly by, and Skyfall will be out before I know it. What a great year it will be. :)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 2,598
    Some one on the radio just said that Adele is singing the new Bond theme like it's been confirmed, but then we are talking about DJ's... ;)

Some media outlets have already confirmed that it's her.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Tony Lewis tweeted this a few minutes ago:

@MusicEditorcouk
    All total film have done is confirmed that there are rumours...journalists make me laugh.
  • Bounine wrote:
    Some one on the radio just said that Adele is singing the new Bond theme like it's been confirmed, but then we are talking about DJ's... ;)

Some media outlets have already confirmed that it's her.[/quote
    Outlets are confirming what all the other sites are. Its going around that it is confirmed, but it isnt officialy confirmed at all. ,
    I'd laugh if it wasn't her. You'd think it would be though. I wonder how long Eon plan to pan it out. It's all good promotion obviously.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,950
    My thoughts exactly. If it's not her, EON are already laughing.
    Tony asked about when was the Jonathan Ross Show. I sent a link to him, then i got this reply.

@MusicEditorcouk

@Bond_Fan007 interesting….well. A lot's happened since then. We'll all find out soon enough.

• edited September 2012 Posts: 3,333
    That's very ominous from Tony. Makes you wonder whether Adele dropped out and was replaced by.... gulp... Michael Bublé at the last minute!!

Of course he could be teasing us
    hmmm yeah, This is an interesting read. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19634659

If its not Adele though, I hope she does a bond song. Her voice is perfect for it. This is why im thinking it is her still.
    Speaking at the Mercury Prize on 6 September 2011, Tempah mentioned: "I was with her (Adele) yesterday, she was telling me about it and that's amazing."

He continued: "I've always wanted to do a Bond theme. I'm a bit jealous actually. No, let's leave it to her (Adele), it's always a really big diva that does it right?"

So it was true from the offset then. No reason to believe anything's changed from last year, despite Tony's tease.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So, tiny tempah's pretty much spilled the beans.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    That is interesting, but let's face it after all these so called rumours, confirmations, and even bookmakers paying out, if it wasn't Adele, I'm sure we'd have a premature confirmation from EON to stop the nonsense, because it would certainly be unfair on Adele. Of course, as mentioned before, EON could be meanies and just use all this speculation for publicity!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,950
    If true, what does this mean for Tempah? If EON were planning to make a big thing of it on Bond Day, will he get in trouble- or will it not matter as it's close enough to the announcement? Also, if he spoke out a year ago, why are we (or at least myself) just hearing about it now?
    Im glad i found that artical. Also, what do you guys make of Tony's comment to me on twitter. Im not sure if he is bluffing, or he realy didnt know about the Jonathan Ross Show with Adele. ??? This is all so intriguing.

If it is Adele, I feel that they will try to keep it under wraps for as long as possible. Even with all the rumours.