007 Legends Announced

Comments

• @Murdock I left you a message on your profile page, damnit!! Did you see it? ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Murdock I left you a message on your profile page, damnit!! Did you see it? ;)
    No I haven't, I checked and didn't see anything. hold on.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm starting to lean towards this not being 100% accurate. They don't have Blofeld listed but I've totally seen him in the videos

Maybe they are using soundclips from the movies? I mean I can't imagine some of these guys sounding remotely like they used to (like Connery in the FRWL game)

I agree. Theres no way they would get that many actors in to give such a depth of voice talent when the rest of the game looks a botch job. And thats before we talk about finances - Craig, Dench, Stephens, Berry, Rigg and Lonsdale would all command a pretty hefty fee.

And Ferzetti at the age of 87? Are you really going to drag a bloke that age that most people have never heard of into a studio to record a few lines just for the sake of authenticity when you can just get a jobbing voice actor to put on an Italian accent?

At best they are using a few samples from the films, more likely this is utter bullsh*t.
    I'd say for half they will use sound alikes like in FRWL. The voice actors they got for M and Kerim Bey were excellent, They sounded just like the original actors.
  • Look what I just found. The box art that I posted seems legit after all. There is also some screenshots of the game and one of them shows Fort Knox. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/007-Legends/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608d8
    Well I'll be gollied! here's the screenshot.
    screenlg3.jpg
    Nice Job Activision.
    Well this shapes up to be much better than expected.
    He should be carrying an M-16 though. That's official US Army weaponry, not an AK-47. :(
    so it is goldfinger oh good perhaps just like in the film bond can be captured and do nothing for a good portion of the level but walk around a cell to the bond music....

:D Sorry I had to make that comment i really really did :D

the art work looks good. and I don't dislike activisions bond games at all replaying Quantum of solace now (a rushed but still enjoyable game)
    Love the whole detail, looks like the Fort Knox battle that GoldenEye Rogue Agent should have been!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Haha, an AK-47? Oh man. That is rich.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 1,856
    The brick work is sloppy of FK their to indented and large.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe they are using soundclips from the movies? I mean I can't imagine some of these guys sounding remotely like they used to (like Connery in the FRWL game)

That's what I'm betting, too. I'm certain some of them, thanks to acting egos, would never lower themselves to act in anything like a video game, anyway.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There is no way that many people from the original films would voice themselves.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    007 Legends just announced for WiiU.
  • RC7RC7
    So just to confirm. The two most iconic sets in Bond history, two sets that would have made the greatest film to game transition in the entire canon will not feature. If the Volcano and Liparus are included as Multiplayer maps or DLC then I'll let them off but I very much doubt it. Disappointed is an understatement.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 669
    That gun is not an AK-47, its a nanjing Type 57, former standard issue of the Peoples Liberation Army of China. a Chinese clone of the AK-M, it does look very similar to the AK, especially with the very poor rendering, but you can tell its a T57 if you look closely, as it has an aluminium, rather than wood, butstock, the rear posts for the irons are closer to the barrell than they are on the AK,
    and the wooden barrell surround is shorter
    you can also clearly see the larger cooling vent that is indicative of the Type 57
    bond perhaps should be carrying the colt Commando M4-A1 that is used for the rendering of the fictional "TND-16/Terralite IIII" weapon,
    but the screenshot looks like its from some way into the mission, so bond probably ran out of Ammo for the M4 and picked up the Type 57 from one of Dr Lings Mercenaries.
    also, as for the brickwork on fort knox, remember, that is an Xbox 360 shot., the xbox 360 is at LEAST 6 years out of date now, and lacks any form of small detail rendering abilities, and also lacks any form of Anti Aliasing ability, due to its use of a closed GL format ATI 55 Series card and direct X 8.
    t is why the screenshot has a serious case of the "jaggies", due to the 360s lack of AA, wich also results in larger tilesets being used on the 360 version the the ps3 and pc versions, as using the small versions for 360 would result in Fort Knox just being a grey-smeared blob with textures that pop in and out when you get close.

this message is not just from me, but it's also from the old "Codename: Cobra", who knows whats the best.

• Goldfinger looks fantastic in that shot, can't wait to see the trailer.
  • Goldfinger himself? I don't see him.
    JamesBond wrote:
    Goldfinger himself? I don't see him.
    I think he's referring to the film itself, not Auric.

• Trailer comes out on the 18th!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 198
    But they think we dont know what it is...only if you are like a really shitty bond fan you woukd not know it was fort knox. The picture was leaked proabably on purpose...somethin to think about
  • 3_Carousel_007-Like-Never-Before.jpg
    what does the villians thing mean...?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    @ZHalfter

Right...

Well there's Silva (1), Graves (2), Drax (3), Sanchez (4), Blofeld (5), Jaws (6), Goldfinger (7) and my bet is the eighth is Oddjob!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    TPM007 wrote:
    @ZHalfter

Right...

Well there's Silva (1), Graves (2), Drax (3), Sanchez (4), Blofeld (5), Jaws (6), Goldfinger (7) and my bet is the eighth is Oddjob!

I do believe you have it, mate.
    OHHHHHH "IN"FAMOUS!!! I get it now...give my self a facepalm... ~X( I thought it meant villians we dont know...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    There's no need to tripple post @ZHalfter, you can use the edit button.
    I would love it if this was all a shame and Activision just whipped up a small level to give us this gameplay snap, misleading us to thinking it was GF as the last mission when it is really DN. But, they aren't that clever I'm afraid. :(
    I would love it if this was all a shame and Activision just whipped up a small level to give us this gameplay snap, misleading us to thinking it was GF as the last mission when it is really DN. But, they aren't that clever I'm afraid. :(

Yea and on the xbox website its the shitty stupid picture of cover art from weeks ago! im so mad about that. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Search?q=007#All

Or...that the whole game was a front for a third person Bond game featuring such films as TSWLM and YOLT, using the original Bond actors from their corresponding films...

What? We can dream can't we?