Best Bond Girl Tournament (Your Champion: Tracy Bond)

Comments

Another close one for me but I'm voting for Pam.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    My apologies for the delay folks, got delayed coming hone from work. In a 13-3 rout, Pam's legs were too much for Wai Lin to handle. Pam become the 2nd License to Kill girl to advance, while Tomorrow Never Dies has the dubious dishonor of being the first film eliminated from the tournament.

All right laddies, up next we have what may be a potentially close battle. Neither of these films have advanced anyone yet, but after tomorrow, there will be a first.

Let's go way back to a simple time for the first contestant. Times were simple indeed to where one could enjoy economy car Toyotas, cherry blossoms, beautiful waterfalls, the beautiful sounds of Nancy Sinatra, Little Nellies, changing caucasins to Asians with dye and hollowed out volcanoes. One lady enjoys wrasslin' between fat guys, walks on the pier, leading men to traps, and loves those fast Toyota's. This very sexyful woman waited hand and foot on Bond, and even warns Bond of horrible women. From the land of the rising sun, please welcome our first contestant, Akiko Wakabayashi, or for short...

Aki

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/wakabayashi.php3?t=yolt&s=yolt

Now let's fast forward to a very scary future. These times are not so simple. There are now hovercrafts, Jinx's, CGI parasailing, the wretched sounds of Madonna, Vanquish's, changing Asians to caucasians through gene therapy and hollowed out ice palaces. One lady from this time is a fencing champion who loves to play both sides. She likes her sex in the morning and her danger in the evening and doesn't care much for novels. She is Rosemund Pike...

Miranda Frost

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/pike.php3?t=dad&s=dad

Aki vs Miranda

Will Aki live twice to defeat Miranda or will Miranda poison Aki's chances for advancement. You better vote now, because this one is going less than 24 hours.
  • Miranda Frost!
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Aki
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Aki vs Miranda
    "Sex for dinner and death for breakfast". I'd like to enjoy dinner with Miranda Frost. I'll probably skip breakfast though...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Wow, this is a tough one. I do have a soft spot for Aki, I really do, but this is La Frost!

Which way! Do I risk upsetting Georgio? Yes indeedy, I will go for AKI
    Much love for the Pikelet, but Aki is the better Bond girl, so I'll vote for her.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    A tough decision.
    Frost is a great looker, but a terribly miss-used character.
    Aki is a solid contributor in YOLT. I'll go with Aki
    Aki vs Miranda
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Aki vs Miranda
    Aki
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited May 2011 Posts: 823
    HOLD!

I did a search engine search and unless the search engine is not working properly.
    Tomorrow Never Dies has the dubious dishonor of being the first film eliminated from the tournament.

I think you may have left out Daphne Deckers...

:-(

http://www.bondmovies.com/cameos/deckers.jpg

• Ooh, a close one there. Miranda seems better, but seeing her in DAD was really like seeing a tulip on a dog turd: not that great, but made much better by the shit surrounding her. Then again, Aki's fake driving was cringeworthy.

I'm torn...no vote this round :P
    AKI

Hands Down. One of the best of the series in fact!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Frost because she was told the human element necessitates a precise balance between heat and cold. My kind of girl, that.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Miranda Frost
    Miranda Frost.
    Voting has closed and guess what? Yep, another tie at 7 all.

I will reveal who advances shortly.
    edited May 2011 Posts: 2,629
    If only AnotherBondGeek had voted.

Before I announce the tiebreaker in this anticipated matchup, let's analyze the women. Miranda overcame a three point deficit just to get to sudden death which is credit to her. AnotherBondGeek did make an excellent analogy of Miranda's character in DAD. Let's ask ourselves, what if Pike was Elektra, Vesper, or even Fields? Pike shined in a crap fest, but would she have shined in other recent films which were all better than DAD?

Aki is another great character. Aki would be very high on my list of Bond women to marry. Think about how well she took care of Bond. Aki would have a three course meal ready and a massage ready for you when you got home. Aki was also an example of what traditional Japan was like during the days of YOLT. Miranda at best would be a fun three day weekend.

Aki advances to the second round.

Next match will be up shortly.
    edited May 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Two tiebreakers this week. The Randomnator sure has come up with some good first round matchups recently. You know something, the Randomnator came up with another dandy. This one involves two lead Bond girls.

The first contestant originated from the short story world. She is a vengeful archer. She will follow Bond anywhere on land or underwater. She enjoys coral swimming with Bond, digging two graves at once and is not bothered at all by five men. She is Carole Bouquet...

Melina Havelock

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/bouquet.php3?t=fyeo&s=fyeo

Melina's opponent is an original in her own right. She did not originate from the first Bond film, but she did originate from the first Bond novel. You could argue that she was a huge influence in Bond's character. She's every penny of the money. She sized Bond up to a "T", welcomes Bond's company in the shower and even sacrificed herself for Bond. Let's welcome Eva Green, a.k.a......

Vesper Lynd

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/girls/green.php3?t=bond21&s=bond21

Melina vs Vesper

Told you this one was going to be a dandy. We're early for Bastille Day, but today is officially "La Bataille de France" between these two French beauties. Who will say "Viva la France" and who will say "sacrebleu". Vote away and tune in tomorrow around this time.
  • Vesper, because of the bitter after taste...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Vesper, because she is James Bond's first love as a 00-Agent.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Melina because she looks like she could be wild in bed!
    Vesper, no contest. Quite possibly my favorite Bond girl of all time, though Tracy and Tatiana are right up there with her.

Plus, Vesper is just one of the best characters to have been a part of the Bond franchise. Not to mention, Eva Green is just flat-out hot.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Vesper
  • LudsLuds MIA
    In a very tough matchup, I'll go with Vesper.
    Vesper
    This is a tough one, probably the toughest one so far, but I've got to give my vote to Vesper.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Vesper, because she will take her eyes off Bond's perfectly formed arse.