James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wal-Mart is currently taking pre-orders on the blu-ray copies of 'Goldeneye,' 'Octopussy,' and 'Diamonds are Forever,' for a full 50% off at $9.99.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Inside of GoldenEye steelbook

35739618_500x500_4.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Somehow all the films should get this treatment. That would make the series quite costly, so you'd need extra money on hand to buy them!
  • RC7RC7
    What I think would be better is for EON to release a hard drive that contained every film in HD with room for updates as and when films are released. Base the design on something Bondian like the Goldeneye key and voila.
  • i'm just hoping that they have "fixed" the gun fire sound effect on OHMSS. They sounded really awful on the UE. The last few gunshots on Bond Aston were totally unrecognisable from the original :(
  • i'm just hoping that they have "fixed" the gun fire sound effect on OHMSS. They sounded really awful on the UE. The last few gunshots on Bond Aston were totally unrecognisable from the original :(

It's why I'll be buying the US editions with original mono soundrack. Do 40/ 50 year old films need a 5.1 soundrack?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is why I hunt down the original Special Edition release DVD's. Plus they all have Special features unlike the Ultimate Editions. You have to buy the 65 dollar collector's pack and I don't have the money for that. Plus, the Special Edition's have nicer covers.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    EresGeek @eresgeek
    Win! Every Bond film on Blu-ray: With Skyfall coming in October, we're giving you the chance to win the ultimate...
    http://www.t3.com/competitions/win-every-bond-film-on-blu-ray

It's why I'll be buying the US editions with original mono soundrack. Do 40/ 50 year old films need a 5.1 soundrack?

yes they do if they are done correctly. FWRL is awesome in 5.1

Why is it only the gunshots on OHMSS that have been messed up?? They sound like they were recreated in a dodgy 1950's B movie soundstage.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    20th Century Fox Launches 'James Bond' 50th Anniversary Blu-Ray Set With Roger Moore

roger_moore_-_h_2012.jpg

3027461933.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/20th-century-fox-launches-james-369774
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hats off to you Roger. No grudges, no childish fretting. You love and embrace the character and realize all the role has done for you.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Ah, Roger Moore. The man who is really proud over the role!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited September 2012 Posts: 642
    Lets hope theres the purchase option of the Golden breifcase too! Looks brilliant. Good old Rog. ;-)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Hats off to you Roger. No grudges, no childish fretting. You love and embrace the character and realize all the role has done for you.

Not my favourite Bond but a damn fine human being. Big Sean could learn a thing or two from Sir Roger. A bigger man. Well done sir.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Lets hope theres the purchase option of the Golden breifcase too!)
    If so, you should have to turn the catches to open it :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    QBranch wrote:
    Lets hope theres the purchase option of the Golden breifcase too!)
    If so, you should have to turn the catches to open it :)

And picture if you are some mom getting it for her kid and when you open it to see that everything is in order, you get hit in the face with tear gas because you opened the case wrong. :))
    ROGER-MOORE-1-1500.jpg
    20th Century Fox Launches 'James Bond' 50th Anniversary Blu-Ray Set With Roger Moore

roger_moore_-_h_2012.jpg

3027461933.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/20th-century-fox-launches-james-369774

God bless ya Sir Roger!!! ^:)^ Great to see you flying the flag for Bond! :D
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Isn't time we saw some screen shots for the previously unreleased blu rays?

Plenty of shots of Raiders etc on the net for the Indiana Jones set, why not Bond 50?

Empire have reviewed this supposedly although they make no comment about the quality which is so much the case with their blu reviews I wonder why they bother to be honest when I want to read a proper review about the quality I head to Blu ray.com, always the best place, screen shots and detailed looks at the prints and how they compare to previous releases.
  • MrBond wrote:

A decent man but the worst Bond by some distance IMO.
  • zb007zb007 UK
    edited September 2012 Posts: 85
    Shame we won't get the Blu-rays in that golden briefcase that would be good :D
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    MrBond wrote:

A decent man but the worst Bond by some distance IMO.

He isn't my favorite Bond either, but one can't argue that he is a really good person who seems to be friendly to everyone!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,447
    Roger Moore fired by Unicef and now at for work for The Zipcode ''Zero'' lotery, deeper then this you can't (sky)fall. :-q ;)

No serious, Roger Moore look nice, but it remember me a litle bit to much of that Dutch lotery.
    91LJRIjoi3L._AA1500_.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I just don't like how the discs are laid out; it's much more worth it, for me, to purchase the newer releases separately.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Couldn't give a damn how the packaging looks, never been that anally retentive to be put off buying something because of the cases, this is great value for money and encompasses all the releases together.

I would have never bothered buying them all separately as there are only about 10 I really want to own, this way I get them all, so if I choose to watch some of those entries I swore I'd never watch again I can if I like, although TND, TWINE & DAD might be a step too far to subject myself to that again.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I promised my wife no 3rd child but this photo just made me ever so slighty 'happy' :-)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Has anyone seen this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Complete-Adventures-Limited-Collectors/dp/B0089TGJ18/ref=sr_1_10?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1347491360&sr=1-10

Thats how to do it properly EON. Why dont us Bond fans get something like that?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    i dont have an issue with the packaging on bond 50. The actualy outer box looks great though, its just the disks all look the same what is a downer

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Bond Blu-ray on tour. A good idea and it's something I suppose, which is always better than nothing.