James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I found the three Wal-Mart exclusives already available for pre-order, what about the other unreleased six films? Any idea when they will be available for pre-order?
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    i dont have an issue with the packaging on bond 50. The actualy outer box looks great though, its just the disks all look the same what is a downer

Yes, shame that each disc didn't have it's own artwork and typeface. Still doesn't really make much difference when it's in the book or player what matters in the content.
  • i dont have an issue with the packaging on bond 50. The actualy outer box looks great though, its just the disks all look the same what is a downer

Yes, shame that each disc didn't have it's own artwork and typeface. Still doesn't really make much difference when it's in the book or player what matters in the content.

Yeah good point. The outer box looks great though and as long as the blu ray transfers are great, thats all that realy matters. I just hope they have transfered them as best they can and not rushed them.

I agree that the cover art is part of the package.....thats why I love collecting old toys due to the box art ;)
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    On the one hand I'd like individual packaging but I have to admit the box set looks mighty nice.

It's also a shame that Moore and the Aston aren't included in the sticker price!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    If the transfers for FRWL & TB are anything to go by I'd say we'll be fine, OHMSS is the one I'm most looking to see the upgrade from the U.E

I know a few have said that the likes of MR looked stunning in previous Blu ray releases so I think they'll be impressive, I've know doubt they'll be a varying degree of quality it seems the older titles are coming off best from previous releases, we know how good both CR & QOS looked they are top notch in my book and great improvement on the DVD's.
  • The only thing is, if you decide to put skyfall in with the packagem you will have one disk that looks different. I cant beleive its out next monday. I have been wating for it since i preordered it in january. Im getting it for 74 pound on hmv, because I did it when there was a 20% discount. It also comes with exculusive art cards!!!!! which is a plus.
    I'm really excited! Been sitting in my cart for a while, just waiting to save up some extra cash to pull the trigger. The set looks amazing. +droool+
    Shardlake wrote:
    Couldn't give a damn how the packaging looks, never been that anally retentive to be put off buying something because of the cases, this is great value for money and encompasses all the releases together.

I would have never bothered buying them all separately as there are only about 10 I really want to own, this way I get them all, so if I choose to watch some of those entries I swore I'd never watch again I can if I like, although TND, TWINE & DAD might be a step too far to subject myself to that again.

Good BD transfers make mediocre films much better. Here's looking at you, DAD.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Tomorrow, Fox Home Entertainment Brazil will present BOND 50 to the Press, with a new Trailer and will preview the new extras of the 23rd disc.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Tomorrow, Fox Home Entertainment Brazil will present BOND 50 to the Press, with a new Trailer and will preview the new extras of the 23rd disc.

Nice.

Thanks for the heads up, @marketto007. As always, we're counting on you for that new trailer. ;)
    Yep. The problem is that the event will take place in São Paulo, which is over 1500 KM from where I am. But I'll have people inside there. ;)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I'm sure you will. That's why you're our head of Station B. ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Tomorrow seems to be D-Day as to whether the new features are any good and even worth owning.

A new trailer a week before release is a welcome surprise. All that and the Goldfinger mission of 007 Legends as well. Could we have anymore news?... ;)
    I've just been purchasing the single deluxe edition blu-rays from Wal-Mart, so I should have a hearty collection being shipped to me when the first week of October rolls around. I've already purchased GE, OP, and DN, along with another one or two tonight.
    Speaking of hard copy release..

Does anyone know the opening few seconds of the music on this DVD main screen?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @JWESTBROOK, the music in order is
    The Tanker followed by Bond 77.
    Murdock wrote:
    @JWESTBROOK, the music in order is
    The Tanker followed by Bond 77.

:x
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    From Twitter:

007 Days Of Bond: Day 1: Bond girl Eunice Gayson & golden briefcase + #007DOB team at Eilean Donan Castle. #BOND50

A2_m5r_CcAAFFpq.jpg:large

Do you think maybe we should have a separate thread for 007 Days Of Bond, or this one will do?
  • .,;.
    From the event in Brazil I said yesterday. Is happening now.

jbbr_B50_BR_Press_02.jpg

More info:
    http://bit.ly/FOX_BOND50
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Shardlake wrote:
    If the transfers for FRWL & TB are anything to go by I'd say we'll be fine, OHMSS is the one I'm most looking to see the upgrade from the U.E

I know a few have said that the likes of MR looked stunning in previous Blu ray releases so I think they'll be impressive, I've know doubt they'll be a varying degree of quality it seems the older titles are coming off best from previous releases, we know how good both CR & QOS looked they are top notch in my book and great improvement on the DVD's.

I've had DN, FRWL, GF, TB, LALD and FYEO on blu-ray previously, so the first one in my BD player's going to OHMSS, really looking forward to seeing this in HD - not long now.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Just flogged my complete collection of Blurays and UE DVDs (except CR 3 disc Bluray which I'm hanging onto) - got £35 for the lot so the box set will now only set me back £55.

Works out at about £2.50 per film which isnt too bad despite the lacklustre release and £2.50 being a bit steep to pay for DAD.
    gt007 wrote:
    From Twitter:

007 Days Of Bond: Day 1: Bond girl Eunice Gayson & golden briefcase + #007DOB team at Eilean Donan Castle. #BOND50

A2_m5r_CcAAFFpq.jpg:large

Do you think maybe we should have a separate thread for 007 Days Of Bond, or this one will do?

What an absolutely stunning photo that is!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,347
    I hadn't thought of buying this release at all, hardly knew about it tbh.. (how's that possible?) :\">

But found it at a really good price (less than $150), so I'm strongly considering buying it. Only own QOS and CR on blu-ray today.

<font color=green>edit: pre-ordered! ;)</font>
    I hadn't thought of buying this release at all, hardly knew about it tbh.. (how's that possible?) :\">

But found it at a really good price (less than $150), so I'm strongly considering buying it. Only own QOS and CR on blu-ray today.

Congratulations! It always feels nice buying purchases such as that.

I'm looking to pre-order another Ultimate Edition blu-ray tonight from Wal-Mart.

I also found the 23 disc bluray set on ebay, $144 aud free postage which seems a bargain.
    The qos and cr special features are dissapointing though.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Prempred this months ago, sold frwl, tb & qosbut like Wizard hung onto my CR 2 disc blu, sold my ue set a good few years back and have this puppy pre ordered months ago. OHMSS is the one I'm really going to savour. I might just watch them all over again even DAD, i'll see, make it one last time then it will be just the ones I really like from on then just cause its the 50th.