The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Jane Bond 008: Operation Karachi

Anyone got a copy?
    All right, time to revive this thread. But I have to wrn you: it's a difficult question:

What prop, especially made for a Bond movie, did appear in a Doctor Who episode ?

Furthermore: Who brought it on the stage, and how much was he paid for it ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Was it Christopher Lee with his golden gun? Can't fathom the price...
    Nope. It's a prop from an earlier Bond movie, but not by much.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Maybe the laser wristwatch then??
    Earlier, I said.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The underwater breather from Thunderball?
    Nope, later than that, but you're right about the size (give or take an inch or two).
    At times like this I wish I wasn't still working my way through Classic Who for the first time.
    All right, I give you a clue: we have discussed this prop not too long agao in the "Parts of Bond Movies that don't make sense" thread.
  • Gerard wrote:
    Nope, later than that, but you're right about the size (give or take an inch or two).

ooer :-S

Is it the radio transmitter from Live and Let Die that Bond uses to keep in touch with Quarrel in San Monique. It was in the form of a brush. You kind of made it easy near the end there
    Indeed, it was, in Revenge of the Cybermen. But which actor brought it on the set ?
  • Roger Moore? It has to be?

Indeed. For which he received a fortune: 2 Shillings and 6 pence, because the props master didn't recognize him !

Your turn, Baltimore.
    Gerard wrote:
    Indeed, it was, in Revenge of the Cybermen. But which actor brought it on the set ?

Unbelievable, as that was the last story that I watched. Honestly.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Gerard wrote:

Unbelievable, as that was the last story that I watched. Honestly.

Gotta love irony. :))
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Truth be told, I haven't been able to connect the two in my mind. I'll have to look through Revenge of the Cybermen and Live And Let Die to spot the radio transmitter now.

EDIT: I've got it now, yes! This makes me feel somewhat better, though I would have never have guessed it, as I thought I hadn't seen the Doctor Who story it was referring to.
  • When you're up to your ankles you'll tell me everything!
    When you're up to your knees you'll kiss my a** to kill you!

Name the character who spat this out?
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks from Licence To Kill, it's Franz Sanchez.

It's @Baltimore_007's go, at the moment, anyway.
  • I think I got a good one for this latest round..

A James Bond character said (at time of release), that they last did something in 1984

Who is this person ? Character name will be enough. The movie will go automatically with it of course
    I think I got a good one for this latest round..

A James Bond character said (at time of release), that they last did something in 1984

Who is this person ? Character name will be enough. The movie will go automatically with it of course

@Baltimore_007, you always have a good one.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sounds like Christopher Walken in True Romance? His character is Vincenzo Coccotti, and he appears in one of my favourite scenes in any movie.
    If you haven't seen it, I wont ruin it for you.
  • I've seen True Romance. Only in 1993, when first released, never had a second viewing

No, this is a James Bond character, in a James Bond film release. Not something outside of that. That should make it a bit easier or narrow the search..
  • Having all kinds of technical difficulties and it's getting late, and a bit irritated, but any takers on this?

Once again, A James Bond character last did something, at the time of the film in question's release (Bond movie), in 1984. Who is the character?

I thought it was a good one. But, it's a Goodnight time I-)
  • Sounds like Paris Carver to me but I haven't seen TND is a while
  • Sure is damn quiet this night

No it's not Paris Carver, but thanks for the attempt. I think this is actually more difficult than I first anticipated. Let's simplify things by stating It's a character from a 1980's Bond release. So therefore it has to be something associated with a Dalton release, or thereabouts, or even Moore for his swansong, come to think of it

Once again, something happened in 1984 to someone (what was it that took place) and it was referenced at a later date in a future Bond release

Bit of a muddle I'm thinking now :-S

Guess I'll make a dash for an early night
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    There was no Bond film released in 1984.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Or...is it Stacey Sutton in AVTAK?
  • Anyone remember this ?

It was called the 'James Bond trivia quiz' ..

Last update was November, I honestly thought it was back in September ?

In any event, I think I made this harder than I had ever anticipated, and it's only fair to give away the answer as I believe this will never have been solved..

The correct response would of been - Pam Bouvier in License to Kill

(she smoked a cigarette, which she said was her first one in five years) (1984-89)

If anyone wants to think of a new question, by all means go ahead, but I'm too tired to participate any further this night, so ..

I-)
    Anyone remember this ?

It was called the 'James Bond trivia quiz' ..

Last update was November, I honestly thought it was back in September ?

In any event, I think I made this harder than I had ever anticipated, and it's only fair to give away the answer as I believe this will never have been solved..

The correct response would of been - Pam Bouvier in License to Kill

(she smoked a cigarette, which she said was her first one in five years) (1984-89)

If anyone wants to think of a new question, by all means go ahead, but I'm too tired to participate any further this night, so ..

I-)
    It isn't that it's hard. Sometimes threads get pushed back and nothing can really be done about such a thing. Life moves on, and so must MI6. Hence why we bookmark certain threads to keep them going even after all have forgotten them.