007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Yes, the contest. I have had multiple problems with contests involving anything related to something Activision. I entered a contest back in '09 to win MW2, and they claimed that my address (in northern Indiana) didn't exist in the continental United States. I emailed them about it, and they emailed me saying they could find no proof of my town's existence.

WTF? activision sucks ass. (:|
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is also why I buy their games used, months (or years) later.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Yes, the contest. I have had multiple problems with contests involving anything related to something Activision. I entered a contest back in '09 to win MW2, and they claimed that my address (in northern Indiana) didn't exist in the continental United States. I emailed them about it, and they emailed me saying they could find no proof of my town's existence.

What the hell? :O

What's your town called? Atlantis? :P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    gt007 wrote:
    Yes, the contest. I have had multiple problems with contests involving anything related to something Activision. I entered a contest back in '09 to win MW2, and they claimed that my address (in northern Indiana) didn't exist in the continental United States. I emailed them about it, and they emailed me saying they could find no proof of my town's existence.

Do you live in a town called Home? Maybe they thought you were being smart with them. =))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    gt007 wrote:

No, Goshen, Indiana. It's almost literally the center of Elkhart County in northern Indiana.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    gt007 wrote:

No, Goshen, Indiana. It's almost literally the center of Elkhart County in northern Indiana.

Just managed to find Goshen on google map in literally 10 seconds but youre telling me the people programming this game cant? I think that tells us all we need to know about the quality of 007 Legends.
  • I was one of the winners of the breif case. I got an email saying it was shipped and came with a tracking number. I checked a week later it said it had been delivered only I didn't get jack squat.
    gt007 wrote:

Just managed to find Goshen on google map in literally 10 seconds but youre telling me the people programming this game cant? I think that tells us all we need to know about the quality of 007 Legends.

You know what I mean, then.
  • YELARAKA wrote:
    I was one of the winners of the breif case. I got an email saying it was shipped and came with a tracking number. I checked a week later it said it had been delivered only I didn't get jack squat.

I bet you were probably pretty pissed!
  • I'm starting to hate Activision more and more.
  • oo7oo7
    why?
    1 game using a last gen console engine....
    2 website for game does not work
    3 choice of missions(swear its to give them more to play with in 007legends 2 or indeed dlc.
    4 they let people win yet they keep messing up sending out prizes.

whos got 5?
    oo7 wrote:
    why?
    3 choice of missions(swear its to give them more to play with in 007legends 2 or indeed dlc.

whos got 5?

1) It's not a last-gen console engine, it's an HD-upped version of a Wii engine, which is still more powerful than a last-gen engine.
    2) Game websites always suck.
    3) So long as the DLC's free, I don't care.
    4) Got nothing on that, as I'm a victim myself.

Now complaint 5) No Craig voice. If you're gonna pay the actor for his likeness, then at least get him in the studio for a couple hours of voice recording.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:
    why?

whos got 5?

1) It's not a last-gen console engine, it's an HD-upped version of a Wii engine, which is still more powerful than a last-gen engine.

Now complaint 5) No Craig voice. If you're gonna pay the actor for his likeness, then at least get him in the studio for a couple hours of voice recording.

1) wiiu is on par with 360 and ps3, the wii was not.
    2)bloodstone website was a aflash animation amazement
    3)skyfall dlcwill be free topeople who buy the game new the rest will no doubt require money
    4)fair enough
    5)dc is voicing the game...
    soooo anyone else got a valid 5?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    On wikipedia it says Craig is voicing Bond in Legends.
    oo7 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    why?

whos got 5?

1) wiiu is on par with 360 and ps3, the wii was not.
    2)bloodstone website was a aflash animation amazement
    3)skyfall dlcwill be free topeople who buy the game new the rest will no doubt require money
    4)fair enough
    5)dc is voicing the game...
    soooo anyone else got a valid 5?

1) I never said the Wii was on par with the 360 and PS3, but it's also got better specs than the last-gen. It's... the in-between generation.
    2) The exception that proved the rule, my friend. GoldenEye 007's website sucked, Reloaded's website stucked, QoS's website sucked. I've gone to a lot of game websites, and very few of them have been well-maintained/well-informed (for the love of God, MGS3: Subsistence's website claimed it would have a "Super-Duper Easy" difficulty).
    3) I know it's doubtful that any other DLC will be free (and when was it ever stated that the Skyfall DLC will only be free for people who buy the game new?), but as I said, if it's free, I don't care.
    5) More than one article (360 Achievements, Gamespot, IGN) have stated that it's a sound-alike for Craig, and considering we haven't heard his voice in any of the trailers yet, it wouldn't surprise me. My 5's still valid.
    Murdock wrote:
    On wikipedia it says Craig is voicing Bond in Legends.

To "confirm" that, Wikipedia links to a video where the producer simply says "Daniel Craig is playing Bond throughout", which doesn't really confirm much more than what we already knew, that all six missions will use Craig for Bond.
  • oo7oo7
    HOLY COW MAN,
    1)the wii ran ps2 games. this game is made with the dead space extraction engine which was developed run on ps2/wii consoles as a rail shooter. golden eye reloaded is essentially a rail shooter that they allowed freedom of movement . lack of a jump button and various invisible walls
    2) urgh how about the rockstar social club for a games website. that would be tracking your progress and comparing. bloodstones site was immense http://bloodstonegame.com/
    3) well then that dlc just cost you £40
    5) Xbox and ps3 trophy site reported Craig was not in the game. ign and gamespot made no such claims. perhaps you have links if they did.
    I guess the PRODUCER of the game knows less about it than you do.
    why do you think Daniel Craig would turn this game down. he said in the first article he was CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO provide voices should the company want him.

if anything thats odd is the promise of the ppk in the original press release now they seem to have movedit to a dlc pack. unless its just an instant access feature.
  • oo7 wrote:
    why?

whos got 5?

5- They keep farting out Call Of Duty games
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    6- They are unoriginal in an innovative gaming world.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    oo7 wrote:
    HOLY COW MAN,
    1)the wii ran ps2 games

Is that true?

• oo7oo7
    What i mean is it was runing games on par with ps2. res evil 4, twin snakes was using the mgs 2 engine, alot of games for the ps2 were just ports of the Wii games and visa versa.
    oo7 wrote:
    HOLY COW MAN,
    1)the wii ran ps2 games. this game is made with the dead space extraction engine which was developed run on ps2/wii consoles as a rail shooter. golden eye reloaded is essentially a rail shooter that they allowed freedom of movement . lack of a jump button and various invisible walls
    2) urgh how about the rockstar social club for a games website. that would be tracking your progress and comparing. bloodstones site was immense http://bloodstonegame.com/
    3) well then that dlc just cost you £40
    5) Xbox and ps3 trophy site reported Craig was not in the game. ign and gamespot made no such claims. perhaps you have links if they did.
    I guess the PRODUCER of the game knows less about it than you do.
    why do you think Daniel Craig would turn this game down. he said in the first article he was CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO provide voices should the company want him.

if anything thats odd is the promise of the ppk in the original press release now they seem to have movedit to a dlc pack. unless its just an instant access feature.

1) The Dead Space: Extraction engine still has a great deal of assets that the PS2 was incapable of.
    2) Another exception that proves the rule. What, does a couple that are good just completely nullify the dozens that are sh*t? Plus, the RSC site isn't a single game's site. It's collected data for a few games. PSN Profiles is also a good site. I never said there weren't good sites out there, just that most suck.
    3) I don't pay in pounds (and don't know where the key for that is on my keyboard, I'm American, so I assume on UK keyboards it probably replaces the dollar sign when you shift 4).
    5) Somebody earlier posted a link for a gamespot article which claimed it was a sound alike, so I don't really feel I need to do that, and I was wrong with the IGN article, which doesn't actually mention the voice. I had no idea that Craig was contractually obligated to provide the voice, but clearly a scheduling problem doesn't reach your mind (no idea if there's one here, though). I'd love to know when I claimed to know more than the producer, and what you mean by that. If you're talking about that video I mentioned, all the man says is "Bond is played by Daniel Craig throughout", which doesn't outright say "Craig's voicing Bond", and may not even mean it. For this, we'll have to wait for a future trailer or the release of the game. (On a side note: I wonder why these sequences the website articles are talking about have never been shown to the public, and why we get barebones trailers that simply show quick action sequences.)

You seem to have been on my case ever since I commented on your dialogue usage. I'm not declaring war with you, for Christ's sake.
  • 7- They make guitar hero.
    7- They make guitar hero.

That was Activision?
  • oo7oo7
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,068
    5) Somebody earlier posted a link for a gamespot article which claimed it was a sound alike, so I don't really feel I need to do that, and I was wrong with the IGN article, which doesn't actually mention the voice. I had no idea that Craig was contractually obligated to provide the voice, but clearly a scheduling problem doesn't reach your mind (no idea if there's one here, though). I'd love to know when I claimed to know more than the producer, and what you mean by that. If you're talking about that video I mentioned, all the man says is "Bond is played by Daniel Craig throughout", which doesn't outright say "Craig's voicing Bond", and may not even mean it. For this, we'll have to wait for a future trailer or the release of the game. (On a side note: I wonder why these sequences the website articles are talking about have never been shown to the public, and why we get barebones trailers that simply show quick action sequences.)

peter-falk.jpg%3Fw%3D600

Peter-Falk-as-Columbo.jpg
    nope it was you and it was a link to that site. I got no war with you at all I'm just explaining how somethings have been misreported. no need to keep misinforming those who care.

I actually blame a lot of poor games websites on concentration on Facebook and twitter marketing. legends is loaded with this.
  • 7- They make guitar hero.

That was Activision?

Yep I think so.
    oo7 wrote:

nope it was you and it was a link to that site. I got no war with you at all I'm just explaining how somethings have been misreported. no need to keep misinforming those who care.

I actually blame a lot of poor games websites on concentration on Facebook and twitter marketing. legends is loaded with this.

No... that's not what I was talking about. I said somebody posted a Gamespot link, not a 360 Achievements link. I remember posting that. I never posted the Gamespot link, but somebody else did, or they mentioned it, something. All I know is that it wasn't me that said that Gamespot reported a sound alike. And, y'know, this may end up as misinformation, but right now we've got no evidence to the contrary, so as far as we know, it is a sound alike playing Bond in 007 Legends.

Oh, and while Fecebook and Twitter are partly to blame, game websites were sucking long before they came to be.
  • oo7oo7
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,068
    why would dc not do the voice for this game on the 50th year...just think and stop typing...
    Right, because I've clearly never done that before. If my sarcasm wasn't oozing in that sentence, you didn't read it right. I've been wondering, if it's true, why Craig isn't doing the voice ever since I read the first reports that he wasn't doing the voice. First came scheduling problems, but then I figured, "Wait, he'll do it either in pick-up shooting or ADR for Skyfall," then I considered "Maybe he doesn't like this one," but, then I realized that he probably wouldn't refuse a paycheck from such an insignificant (on the grand scale of things) project. A couple other possibilities came to mind, but now I can't remember them. If he's not doing the voice work, I imagine there's at least a decent reason (for the love of God, he did two Bond games that weren't even based on any of his films). Maybe voice work for 007 Legends was done some time ago (it's only a month and a half before release, so the game's gotta be finished by now), and he wasn't available at the time, due to production on Skyfall. There are actually quite a few reasons he might not be doing the voice work for the game, but in the end, we'll still have to wait until either a future trailer or the game's release to find out if he actually is.
  • oo7oo7
    yeah alright maybe Roger Moore doing the voice then.
    logemoore.gif
    oo7 wrote:
    yeah alright maybe Roger Moore doing the voice then.

Look, I'm already not buying the game until it gets to the $20 range, don't try to make me wait until the $2 range.