Who could've done a Bond theme?

1121314151618»

Comments

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited April 6 Posts: 1,463
    mtm wrote: »
    That's wonderful; I'm not familiar with that one. I saw them at the Albert Hall with full orchestra a few years back- it was excellent.

It's not a very original idea but I've always thought Lovely Head sounds very Bondy too.

Yeah, the track is cool. Oh, you experienced them live? Brilliant! Yeah, Lovely Head also sounds Bond. Like much of the Felt Mountain album. They said the album was influenced by John Barry's Bond scores. I don't think they need any supervision at all...if hired. They clearly know the Bond sound. The only thing that surprises is, I can't believe they're yet to do a Bond theme.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 24 Posts: 15,360
    Quite funny story in the news this morning with Lana Del Ray singing the Bond theme she wrote for Spectre but was rejected.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cv22mmnjrnyo

They honestly picked the worst choice for Spectre. Incredible.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't like Writing on the Wall at all, but this song feels like lots of ideas kind of stuck together, if you know what I mean. There's nice bits, but it's really slow and I kind of lose interest during it; a nice idea pops up, then it goes really slow, then there's another nice little idea...
    I don't feel like I missed out hugely with not having this one: Radiohead is still the real sucker punch.
    edited May 24 Posts: 1,463
    I don't like Writing on the Wall at all, but this song feels like lots of ideas kind of stuck together, if you know what I mean. There's nice bits, but it's really slow and I kind of lose interest during it; a nice idea pops up, then it goes really slow, then there's another nice little idea...
    I don't feel like I missed out hugely with not having this one: Radiohead is still the real sucker punch.

I couldn't agree more. Radiohead's Bond theme was so good. You feel the Radiohead style and still feel the Bond style.

For Del Rey, I prefer Swan Song to 24.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The Radiohead song was great. Hadn't heard Lana's before. I did read that Ed Sheeran had done a theme for NTTD. A secondary theme at the end performed by him or another artist would've been great.
    24?
    Maybe a theme more suited to Jack Bauer? 😁
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    24?
    Maybe a theme more suited to Jack Bauer? 😁

Lol. True.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Still pulling for Noel; he could do for the next actor what Chris Cornell did for Craig, begin his era with a bang.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Quite funny story in the news this morning with Lana Del Ray singing the Bond theme she wrote for Spectre but was rejected.

I really like this one, it definitely has a Bondian flavour, it's dramatic, her vocals are great and the music at around 1.50 is cool, reminds a lot of Dr No weirdly.

I'm not the biggest fan of WOTW for Spectre, although the instrumental was excellent. I want the next Bond song to be an up tempo rock song, but I'd like Lana to give it another shot in the future
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York

It gets a little more interesting at a faster playback speed, but I agree, too slow, interesting ideas though.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Name song 24 have fit Spectre with already 24 elements and it be 24th movie, but i have rather have 25 song for NTTD

The 24 like to refer to time/24hrs so in that case song also have fit better to NTTD whyle with Spectre preview what to come if there have used it. Whyle it also fit with QOS. Trust issues with M/Mi6 and Beam/Felix (CIA) and Mathis death.
    There's only 24 hours in a day
    And half as many ways
    For you to lie to me, my little love
    There's only 24 hours in a day
    And half of those, you lay awake
    With thoughts of murder and carnage

If you lie down with dogs, then you'll get fleas
    Be careful of the company you keep

There's only 24 hours
    And that's not enough
    To lie like you lie or
    Love like you love