Who could've done a Bond theme?

Comments

• I remember years ago I had bought a Zune and they came with some Bitter:Sweet preloaded. Very Bondian indeed.

Not sure if I’ve shared it before here but I find so much of Florence + The Machine to be cinematic and Bondian, I hope they get a shot one day.

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah, Florence + The Machine are good too. But @battleshipgreygt what song of theirs did you post? Because it's saying the video isn't available.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Florence + The Machine would be great.

I still think it was missed opportunity for Jorja Smith do the song for the film for No Time To Die. To me, it would have been fitting for a singer who is English and Jamaican to do the song for a film that takes place in both locations.

I hope they consider her in the future because she has the perfect sound for it.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Wouldn't be shocked if Celeste was in the conversation, given she was featured in the Sound of 007 documentary
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,889
    This is a band , The Velveteers , that I saw recently; they opened for The Black Keys. Overall they have a very aggressive, edgy sound but this one shows their potential as a future zBond theme artist.

Another very Bondian track @talos7 I love it.
    She's one of the top artists here in Lagos. I think she can easily do a Bond theme as shown in the track below.
    She's one of the top artists here in Lagos. I think she can easily do a Bond theme as shown in the track below.

Really, really nice, I love it. I will absolutely seek out more of her music.

With that said, having used three consecutive ballads I think the next one will be more in the mold of Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill and you Know My Name. A high energy pulse pounder.
    talos7 wrote: »

Really, really nice, I love it. I will absolutely seek out more of her music.

With that said, having used three consecutive ballads I think the next one will be more in the mold of Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill and you Know My Name. A high energy pulse pounder.

Yes, I agree. We need a rock theme for Bond 26.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Straying from the usual pop stars of late, but I would love to see Depeche Mode tackle a Bond theme. They have a new album and world tour coming in 2023, so they may be fresh in people’s minds. They also happen to have a handful of Bondian sounding tracks.
    Straying from the usual pop stars of late, but I would love to see Depeche Mode tackle a Bond theme. They have a new album and world tour coming in 2023, so they may be fresh in people’s minds. They also happen to have a handful of Bondian sounding tracks.

I couldn't agree more. I can't even begin to count how many Bondian tracks Depeche Mode have in their locker. I think their album, Violator is the one with more Bondian tracks.

I just bought tickets for San Antonio!

That's the show that would be closest to where I am, just too expensive right now sadly for me :/

Depeche Mode is awesome and has the sexiest catalogue of music I know of, so I don't see why they couldn't do a Bond song. They're not in their prime like they used to be, but I'd still be thrilled if they got the opportunity. Especially as it'd combine two of my favorite things.
    FoxRox wrote: »

That's the show that would be closest to where I am, just too expensive right now sadly for me :/

Depeche Mode is awesome and has the sexiest catalogue of music I know of, so I don't see why they couldn't do a Bond song. They're not in their prime like they used to be, but I'd still be thrilled if they got the opportunity. Especially as it'd combine two of my favorite things.

Absolutely!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2022 Posts: 4,416

Marina. Don't vergot her visuals. Those be a bit Live And Let Die, TMWTGG, FYEO and Dr No. Very 60's and 80's.

Include MGM reference

What mabey can instreting too is she together with another earlier sugestion i did: Ronde, the Dutch Duran Duran/a-ha.

Definitively James Bond! Better than some of the last four Bond themes.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    After watching the concert at Royal Albert Hall, I'd really like a Bond theme from Ella Eyre; she hasn't done too much Bond sounding stuff, but I loved her voice on Licence to Kill.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire

That's so close, the walls between worlds thinned and I could almost physically see into the alternate reality in which that's a famous Bond song! :D
  • I’d be all for something punchy and rock oriented like You Know My Name. I feel like ever since Skyfall they’ve been trying to rekindle that flame, but frankly Adele was born for Bond and like just bout everything else with that film they caught lightning in a bottle.

As for my top rock suggestions…

Crown Lands
    (not very popular Candadian band that’s basically the love child of Led Zeppelin and Rush.)

Royal Blood

Arctic Monkeys

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited November 2022 Posts: 3,382
    I want a balanced song like Live And Let Die, rock with a mix of ballad.

But I have no idea what song in our time has it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think Sam Fender would deliver an incredible James Bond theme.

Venutius wrote: »

That's so close, the walls between worlds thinned and I could almost physically see into the alternate reality in which that's a famous Bond song! :D

Well put :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    I want a balanced song like Live And Let Die, rock with a mix of ballad.

But I have no idea what song in our time has it.

A lotta rock does seem a good way to introduce a new James Bond, if the approaches of the first films of the Roger Moore and Daniel Craig eras are anything to go by.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Arctic Monkeys are from Sheffield, though, so that rules them out immediately! Not only that, they're from an area about a mile away from me - so that rules them out permanently... ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    The World is No Chvrch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Sade instead of Rita Coolidge for OP. And preferably an entirely different song.

Cassandra Wilson instead of White/Keys for QOS. And definitely a different song.

Karen Carpenter instead of Nancy Sinatra singing YOLT.

Melissa Manchester instead of Lulu in Gun. A different song, too.

Patty Smyth instead of Sheena Easton singing FYEO.
    Nailed it. Only other I would add is a different song for DAD. I don't hate it like others though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Too late now, but if anyone could've re-done WHATTITW for NTTD...