The NHL Thread

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Although I'm rooting for Florida (big fan of Maurice), I did not see them spanking the Rangers like that in game one!

I expect a meaner, nastier Rangers team in the next game.

Warms my heart to know some NY fans shelled out some heavy cash just to see their team get shutout at home!

I was planning on going to game 3 since the arena is just over an hour away. Immediate no when the tickets are close to $400. I'd pay that for the actual finals but not the ECF
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Although I'm rooting for Florida (big fan of Maurice), I did not see them spanking the Rangers like that in game one!

Warms my heart to know some NY fans shelled out some heavy cash just to see their team get shutout at home!

I was planning on going to game 3 since the arena is just over an hour away. Immediate no when the tickets are close to $400. I'd pay that for the actual finals but not the ECF

Yeah those sorts of prices aren't for fans with a light wallet, especially considering it's not even the finals yet as you said. Too rich for my blood.
  • peterpeter Toronto

😂 I'm with you, @Creasy47 , 😂
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Yeah those sorts of prices aren't for fans with a light wallet, especially considering it's not even the finals yet as you said. Too rich for my blood.

But it's good for the team finances since they've lost a lot of money over the years.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I expect an angry NYR team today. And their fans are demanding more time for that 6’7 Goliath they have.

But there’s something to this Florida team. A fearless swagger. They know the Rangers wanna drive them through the boards, but there’s not a hint of fear. They’re driven.

Good luck @Last_Rat_Standing !! Enjoy the game!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Good to see Dallas responding. Take down McJesus, please, 😂!!

This is what I'm talking about!
  • peterpeter Toronto

😂, we should start our own fan-site:

connormcdavidisnotjamesbond&notjesuseither.com

Sign me up immediately!
  • peterpeter Toronto

Sign me up immediately!

We, so far, are the only two members, but I hereby announce that we are co-chairmen of this all important organization/fansite.

Congratulations, @Creasy47 !
    Huzzah! Congratulations to you as well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Huzzah! Congratulations to you as well.

😂 😂 😂
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    You have to love the gamesmanship of the Oilers wondering aloud why they aren't "drawing" more Power Plays! LOL Couldn't it be that the Stars are aware of the Oiler Power Play and are playing with some mindfulness and staying away from lazy penalties?

Can the Stars do what the Rangers did and win on the road in game 3.

Speaking of the Ranger series, is it me or is Bob going down with great ease? I saw the one goal and he hit the ice like he'd been shot. When he actually does get interfered with I think the refs will be unlikely to call it.
    Well both Conference Finals tied up at 2 games. Who takes Game 5 tonight in the Big Apple? Do the Rangers win at home or do the Panthers claw their way to a victory?

Any thoughts on Keefe signing in Jersey? How about Scott Arniel in Winnipeg?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    thedove wrote: »
    Well both Conference Finals tied up at 2 games. Who takes Game 5 tonight in the Big Apple? Do the Rangers win at home or do the Panthers claw their way to a victory?

Any thoughts on Keefe signing in Jersey? How about Scott Arniel in Winnipeg?

@thedove , at this point, guessing who will take the next game induces anxiety, 😂.

What’s amazing to see is that just when you think one team is starting to buckle, they come roaring back! I admire the no-quit in these remaining teams.

I think the Keefe signing is a solid one. He will get the young guys firing better than Lindy Ruff, and, if Elliotte Friedman’s to be believed: it’s been reported that the Devils are on the hunt to make changes— including that mythical help they need between the pipes.

As for the Arniel signing… uhm, Mike Commodore had a few choice and colourful words to describe his feelings about this hire….
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Gulp… McJesus and the Oils… What is it with Dallas and playing at home??

😠
    If Dallas drops the ball at the last minute and Edmonton seriously goes on to the finals, I'll be so bummed out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    If Dallas drops the ball at the last minute and Edmonton seriously goes on to the finals, I'll be so bummed out.

You and me both, 😖!!!!
    We goin back
  • peterpeter Toronto
    We goin back

Congrats…. !
    This time no one touched the trophy! LOL! I thought it was funny how Maurice made sure that everyone knew not to touch the trophy. Are hockey players the most superstitious?

What's that, five years in a row now a Florida team has made the finals? That's crazy.

Now to keep my fingers tightly crossed for the next few hours in hopes Stars can force a Game 7 and win that too.
    Detroit might need to give up the name Hockey Town or we may need to call Florida the "hot bed" of hockey? Or the State of Hockey?

How does Florida match up against either team left in the west? I would say the better series would be Stars Panthers but I think we are getting Oilers Panthers
    All of a sudden, Florida being a no state income tax state is an issue amongst the southern team haters.

Wasn't an issue when the team was abysmal, drawing 8000 per game and being threatened with relocation. I would know, I went to more games then than now.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    thedove wrote: »
    Detroit might need to give up the name Hockey Town or we may need to call Florida the "hot bed" of hockey? Or the State of Hockey?

How does Florida match up against either team left in the west? I would say the better series would be Stars Panthers but I think we are getting Oilers Panthers

I think on paper Florida matches well against both teams, however, the Oilers, I think, had the hottest PP, and Florida one of the most penalized… Oilers will want to exploit this for sure…

@Last_Rat_Standing , who’s complaining?? I agree with you, no one has a problem with this as the team struggled to get fans (I heard all kinds of deals like a parking space, a couple hot dogs and your ticket for x number of (cheap) dollars.

Whoever is complaining now should put a sock in it.

The Panthers deserve this success and the extra bucks going to their coffers.
    Thanks @peter . 10 years ago I was basically going for free and playoffs for that one odd year in 2012 tickets were $25.

But this is what I was referring towards and there are many floating around in the ether

https://x.com/dalter/status/1797273736321568879
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thanks @peter . 10 years ago I was basically going for free and playoffs for that one odd year in 2012 tickets were $25.

But this is what I was referring towards and there are many floating around in the ether

https://x.com/dalter/status/1797273736321568879

Idiotic, isn't it?

And can these whiners wait to discuss no state income tax teams AFTER the Cup is awarded. Can't they just enjoy the great hockey being played right now and celebrate the success of this sport? We have two hot states, and one Canadian team still in the battle. And if Edmonton gets into the finals, they're not exactly a big market Canadian team (Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and I think Vancouver are more popular, bigger markets (and Calgary is in the same province as Edmonton))!

Idiots spoil the fun.

Go Cats Go!!
    And with that a Canadian team returns to the finals for the first time in a long while.

Can the Oilers explosive Power Play feast on the many opportunities that the Panthers will provide them? Or can the hard hitting and checking Panthers grind the Oilers into the ground?

Disappointment overload. All I need now for a bit of happiness is for Edmonton to get crushed.
    Dallas is my second favorite team behind Florida. Ironically, I'm glad they didn't make it. Some of my favorite memories at games were in Dallas.