The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

1131132133134135137»

Comments

Die Another Day: The Retirement Reunion :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seeing those two reunited brought a smile to my face. This film will be terrible, no doubt, but I'll still watch it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes At my most trollish behavior
    Mallory wrote: »

Brosnan: I think my balls are reaching the floor by now.
    Stephens: Time to face gravity.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm just now reading the first book of the Thursday Murder Club series and admit I have a hard time imagining Pierce as Ron Ritchie, no matter how good his Cockney accent may be. Several people (not just here) said they thought Ray Winstone would be a better choice, and I agree. And unfortunately, Bob Hoskins has been dead for ten years. At least I'd imagine someone who is more rough-and-tumble, dyed-in-the-wool proletarian than Pierce. (Another one that comes to my mind is Brendan Gleeson. Yes, I know he's Irish. But so is Pierce.) And yes, Helen Mirren and Ben Kingsley are the obvious choices for Elizabeth and "Ibbsy". Plus when I read about PC Donna De Freitas, I'm somehow thinking of Naomie Harris, though (my apologies) she's probably past the age for that role now.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »

Brosnan: I think my balls are reaching the floor by now.
    Stephens: Time to face gravity.

When they first meet in the film, I hope they sneak in a "Have we met before?" reference.
    mtm wrote: »
    Who would you cast as Joyce? Osman said they've got someone perfect for it I think.

Funny thing, I just checked The Thursday Murder Club on IMDb, and I see I was correct with one of my suggestions for the role of Joyce; Celia Imrie looks to be cast in the role!

The updates for this film just gets better and better. Brosnan and Stephens reunited? Fantastic!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Seeing those two reunited brought a smile to my face. This film will be terrible, no doubt, but I'll still watch it.

The source material is good, so I am certainly hoping this will be a good one. I am however a bit puzzled by the fact that this is a movie production rather than your typical BBC or ITV mini series, like The Marlow Murder Club, which was recently made into a TV series featuring Samantha Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's going to be a stage production too, soon.
    mtm wrote: »
    It's going to be a stage production too, soon.

I'm not a theatre guy, but The Thursday Murder Club might have tempted me to make an exception.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited 9:32pm Posts: 2,979
    Pierce as Sheffield boxing legend, Brendan Ingle, in the film that's currently being made about Brendan and his most famous champion, Naseem Hamed. The guy on the right's Johnny Nelson, Brendan's ex-Cruiserweight world champ, also from Sheffield. Don't worry about Brozza's hair, they've obviously remodelled it to resemble Brendan's, that's all!

448455740_10228178381818818_95408894071013218_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=q_JXICjwVmIQ7kNvgHLCKL-&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-2.xx&oh=00_AYC0h70l54RijsneMhEmozMqM-XFnu1Wwauq1k739xPepw&oe=667523E3