The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

1131132133134135137»

Comments

Die Another Day: The Retirement Reunion :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seeing those two reunited brought a smile to my face. This film will be terrible, no doubt, but I'll still watch it.
  • mattjoesmattjoes At my most trollish behavior
    Mallory wrote: »

Brosnan: I think my balls are reaching the floor by now.
    Stephens: Time to face gravity.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm just now reading the first book of the Thursday Murder Club series and admit I have a hard time imagining Pierce as Ron Ritchie, no matter how good his Cockney accent may be. Several people (not just here) said they thought Ray Winstone would be a better choice, and I agree. And unfortunately, Bob Hoskins has been dead for ten years. At least I'd imagine someone who is more rough-and-tumble, dyed-in-the-wool proletarian than Pierce. (Another one that comes to my mind is Brendan Gleeson. Yes, I know he's Irish. But so is Pierce.) And yes, Helen Mirren and Ben Kingsley are the obvious choices for Elizabeth and "Ibbsy". Plus when I read about PC Donna De Freitas, I'm somehow thinking of Naomie Harris, though (my apologies) she's probably past the age for that role now.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »

Brosnan: I think my balls are reaching the floor by now.
    Stephens: Time to face gravity.

When they first meet in the film, I hope they sneak in a "Have we met before?" reference.
    mtm wrote: »
    Who would you cast as Joyce? Osman said they've got someone perfect for it I think.

Funny thing, I just checked The Thursday Murder Club on IMDb, and I see I was correct with one of my suggestions for the role of Joyce; Celia Imrie looks to be cast in the role!

The updates for this film just gets better and better. Brosnan and Stephens reunited? Fantastic!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Seeing those two reunited brought a smile to my face. This film will be terrible, no doubt, but I'll still watch it.

The source material is good, so I am certainly hoping this will be a good one. I am however a bit puzzled by the fact that this is a movie production rather than your typical BBC or ITV mini series, like The Marlow Murder Club, which was recently made into a TV series featuring Samantha Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's going to be a stage production too, soon.
    mtm wrote: »
    It's going to be a stage production too, soon.

I'm not a theatre guy, but The Thursday Murder Club might have tempted me to make an exception.