Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

1222324252628»

Comments

• Solid effort - well done 👍🏻
    For us completists...

fkL3HJj.jpg

Octopussy: The Tarantula Nest - Download here:
    https://mega.nz/folder/hAZ0UDoL#KStDmUbjXpB-U_Prsiotyg
  • Great! 😂
    I'll go back to AVTAK after this.
    On a mission, I am expected to sacrifice myself.

PGDssp4.jpg

A View to a Kill: Another Wealthy Owner - Download here:
    https://mega.nz/folder/FUJR1QIY#lV-KfaAfOhM0YtYLfihzsw
  • Grow up, 007….

😉
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited April 2 Posts: 1,383
    Has anyone noticed that in SP, immediately Q gives Bond the watch and they turn and talk with Tanner alongside them, there's a very cool version of the Bond theme that Newman comes up with. @mattjoes maybe you can look into that next!
    Has anyone noticed that in SP, immediately Q gives Bond the watch and they turn and talk with Tanner alongside them, there's a very cool version of the Bond theme that Newman comes up with. @mattjoes maybe you can look into that next!

The two unreleased tracks from Spectre that I love and would like to work on are the full version of Los muertos vivos están and the track you mention, which runs for at least two minutes. I doubt I could get a clean rip of it from the Blu-Ray, but I'm sure I'll give it a try at some point. Otherwise, I'll have to remake it. Not something I plan on doing now though. I've got tracks from other films that I want to tackle.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    mattjoes wrote: »

The two unreleased tracks from Spectre that I love and would like to work on are the full version of Los muertos vivos están and the track you mention, which runs for at least two minutes. I doubt I could get a clean rip of it from the Blu-Ray, but I'm sure I'll give it a try at some point. Otherwise, I'll have to remake it. Not something I plan on doing now though. I've got tracks from other films that I want to tackle.

Thanks! :D Understood!
  • So are you doing Another Wealthy Owner then? 😉
    So are you doing Another Wealthy Owner then? 😉

Haha, I was hoping somebody would point this out. Yes, I am.
    I'm playing catch up on this thread - @mattjoes the tarantula sting might be some of your best work yet! I can barely tell it's a recreation! Thanks too for adding the sting to the 'Palace Intrigue' cue. Us completists are very grateful :D

And good job on improving the film version of 'Just a Closer Walk With Thee'. I didn't have the perseverance to finesse it as well as you.
  • I think the wealthy owner has gotten back on the chopper…. 😉
    Haha! She's sitting inside, but she'll come out eventually.
  • There’s never a cab when you want one
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Delicious.
  • edited April 28 Posts: 6,753
    It's great. I just realized they clearly listened to gkgyver's Moonraker reconstructions. That brassy phrase at 1:10 is verbatim from his Gunbarrel/Hijack cue, and it's not like that in the film. The same goes for certain notes of the harp section at 0:39.

This terrific suite also uses the same trumpet phrase that gkgyver added in the first place. Admittedly, it's very Bondian.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This was a great rendition.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's great. I just realized they clearly listened to gkgyver's Moonraker reconstructions. That brassy phrase at 1:10 is verbatim from his Gunbarrel/Hijack cue, and it's not like that in the film.

I did wonder about that; it didn't seem familiar. In the film you get the first few notes but they're on strings rather than brass, and if the rest is there I can't hear it over the SFX.
  • morcarvicmorcarvic france
    just found this youtube video of ginger johnson and his african messengers ,i hadn't previously known that they had provided all the voodoo music on LALD including the first 29 and a half seconds of the unreleased drums cue before the track sacrifice.
    morcarvic wrote: »
    just found this youtube video of ginger johnson and his african messengers ,i hadn't previously known that they had provided all the voodoo music on LALD including the first 29 and a half seconds of the unreleased drums cue before the track sacrifice.

Great spot, thanks
    cheers vzok ,only sorry i didnt find the whole cue which runs in the film i think for around 48 to 50 seconds.still i'm thankful to have made a small contribution after the years of provideing missing bond music you and the numerous other contributers have given us.
    Very cool info to know, thanks for sharing. Perhaps @Bond_Scores could add it to his soundtracks thread.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap1wHKGfWhrwgfEJ-wFEz-LA6Yjz9A?e=eM9Xdh so here's my attempt at recreating the missing cue i've titled ritual drums,that immeadiately precedes the track sacrifice .Never tried this before so i hope the link works.