The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    9TdP3lOYereXW6lJp3ayPkB8muP.jpg
    71mPJqAbuaL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    Just ordered this.........my second favorite INDY movie.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2 Posts: 17,691
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Whoah, wait, your SECOND favourite??? I love this movie, but what movie(s) does this put behind it for you? And I'm no novice to unpopular stuff- Temple Of Doom is my favourite Indy movie!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Whoah, wait, your SECOND favourite??? I love this movie, but what movie(s) does this put behind it for you? And I'm no novice to unpopular stuff- Temple Of Doom is my favourite Indy movie!

Glad to see some love for TOD!. Right now I'd say LAST CRUSADE is my favorite. I have a fond memory of going to see it opening weekend with my Dad. About a year earlier we had seen a double bill of RAIDERS and TOD together. It was so much fun.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Beast And The Magic Sword (Blu Ray)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    24234924b34c18f7784106fa13fb9c08.jpg

Mi0yNjMyLmpwZWc.jpeg
    iniMlncVkZzQTZ3kLU6eEtoZz0V.jpg

81s7pRhMx8L._RI_.jpg

I have all four films now in HD.

81s7pRhMx8L._RI_.jpg

Love those covers. And the movies are great! One of my favorite themes too!
    My late Mum used to do a small bit of housekeeping for an elderly lady called Mrs. Gallagher who was the absolute spitting image of Margaret Rutherford! Always think of her ( and my Mum!) when I watch the films!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

81s7pRhMx8L._RI_.jpg

My late Mum used to do a small bit of housekeeping for an elderly lady called Mrs. Gallagher who was the absolute spitting image of Margaret Rutherford! Always think of her ( and my Mum!) when I watch the films!

They are fun films it has been some time since I watched them so forgotten who the killer(s) are, on leave so will binge watch them over the next few days., The art work is good, I would happily have posters of the art work in my movie room. The films remind me of simpler times and an end to a great era in British films.

81s7pRhMx8L._RI_.jpg

They are fun films it has been some time since I watched them so forgotten who the killer(s) are, on leave so will binge watch them over the next few days., The art work is good, I would happily have posters of the art work in my movie room. The films remind me of simpler times and an end to a great era in British films.

Absolutely! Just like the Ealing films, still building my collection of those wonderful comfort movies!

81s7pRhMx8L._RI_.jpg

Absolutely! Just like the Ealing films, still building my collection of those wonderful comfort movies!

I have Kind Hearts and Coronets and The Lady Killers in 4K, I had many of those classics on VHS years ago.
    You're right, you can't really go wrong with Ealing. Now, here's what I've received these past few days :

church-dvd-1.jpg

daleks-dvd-2.jpg

41nZGmFNseL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 11 Posts: 13,894
    The Howl Of The Devil (Blu Ray)
    PREDESTINATION_2D_DVD.jpg
    Bluray
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    pitchblack.jpg
    Pitch Black (2000) € 5,00
    M_Balje wrote: »
    pitchblack.jpg
    Pitch Black (2000) € 5,00

Good choice, I enjoy the trilogy.
    Bluray

How did I miss this? Must correct this error...
    Anyone else suffering from the shortage of the new James Cameron 4Ks that were supposed to be released today (Aliens, The Abyss, & True Lies)? Despite pre-ordering, Amazon doesn’t have any. And no other stores seem to either. Already seeing scalping on eBay -_-
    Bluray

I have watched this a few times, the less you know about it the better before you watch.
    Bluray

I have watched this a few times, the less you know about it the better before you watch.

Noted. Like Man From Earth or Moon.....
    Bluray

Noted. Like Man From Earth or Moon.....

Moon is great also, yeah avoid any spoilers.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Anyone else suffering from the shortage of the new James Cameron 4Ks that were supposed to be released today (Aliens, The Abyss, & True Lies)? Despite pre-ordering, Amazon doesn’t have any. And no other stores seem to either. Already seeing scalping on eBay -_-

Just listening to a movie podcast on YouTube, one of the hosts was complaining about not being able to get his preordered Aliens in 4k from Amazon, he had better luck with the other Cameron 4K releases.

Personally will wait a few weeks until I purchase any of them.
  • edited March 14 Posts: 12,269

Just listening to a movie podcast on YouTube, one of the hosts was complaining about not being able to get his preordered Aliens in 4k from Amazon, he had better luck with the other Cameron 4K releases.

I did end up getting my copy of True Lies from Amazon, which I watched and enjoyed very much today. Canceled my other two that weren’t updating, and managed to order them from Target while they had some in stock, supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hope you will find them!

I did end up getting my copy of True Lies from Amazon, which I watched and enjoyed very much today. Canceled my other two that weren’t updating, and managed to order them from Target while they had some in stock, supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hope you will find them!

How much of a step up is True Lies in 4K from previous versions?

Well, the only other thing I watched it on was the old DVD release, and this was definitely superior from memory. I have heard a lot of complaints about the remastering, like how moments look "uncanny" because of AI tools used, but I myself couldn't notice anything weird in motion at least. I don't have the greatest eyes or greatest setup, mind you, so I'm not the best source, but I liked it a lot and had no issues!

Well, the only other thing I watched it on was the old DVD release, and this was definitely superior from memory. I have heard a lot of complaints about the remastering, like how moments look "uncanny" because of AI tools used, but I myself couldn't notice anything weird in motion at least. I don't have the greatest eyes or greatest setup, mind you, so I'm not the best source, but I liked it a lot and had no issues!

On some 4K and Blurays they do this smoothing effect that does look off, I recently bought many of the Star Trek films on 4K and they had a good level of grain thankfully that really emphasizes the detail.

As a side note I always turn off motion smoothing on my TV as that can effect the image.
  • edited March 14 Posts: 5,809
    6951485430.jpg

Still waiting for Midas Run. Don't know when I'll get it. Apparently, it's been dispatched at the end of february, but I have no means to see where it is.
    edited March 15 Posts: 23,369
    I already have Southland Tales on DVD, Bluray and HD download though soon as I saw the Arrow presentation of the movie which is remastered in the shop I had to buy it. I love this film I think it is very underrated, looking forward to watching what extra's Arrow has added.

71si3kybmzl._ac_sl1200_.jpg

South-1-1400x1759.jpg

Arrow as per usual have a double sided artwork on the reversible sleeve, Arrow is the best.
    Blue Velvet 4K just announced from Criterion - one of my absolute most hyped announcements yet! I’ll wait to buy it probably until the next Barnes & Noble Criterion sale, but it is super exciting this one is joining the 4K library. Hoping Eraserhead can be upgraded as well as an October / spooky special!
    81mIqQCdJOL._RI_.jpg
    Only learnt today that Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko) directed this film, its a blind buy.