Would you rather have a video game based on LALD OR TSWLM?

Comments

peter wrote: »
    Thanks to @CraigMooreOHMSS and @talos7 for understanding me. I’m not trying to be greedy. I just believe I’ve got enough of me, and a lot of my love, to share.

Quite the opposite of greedy, I’d say ;)
    I do understand, my friend. Not all pairs of things are made to be torn apart by the idiocy of choice.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Love it! Good stuff and I am a little surprised that Tracy won so handily. Though I like @peter thinking!

Lets have a viewing would you rather!

Since NTTD is such a polarizing film with it's fans and it's detractors lets see how it fares against the final film of another actor!

Would you rather watch AVTAK OR NTTD?

Sir Roger's final film was not his strongest entry, and has some issues. But would you prefer to give that a watch over NTTD?

Give us your thoughts!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be the odd man out here and start by saying, purely from an entertainment standpoint, I'd have to go with AVTAK. I've always had a soft spot for that one and always will.

I actually spoke with someone a couple of days ago who said that's the only Bond film they've ever seen in their lifetime. It's kind of impressive.
    AVTAK is actually the first Bond film I ever watched so I have a soft spot for it. I mean, it ultimately depends on the day. There are sometimes when NTTD isn’t the Bond film I necessarily want to watch!

At the current time (so really right now, at this moment) I’d say I’d rather watch NTTD but that could change. But this is the answer I’ll give.
    NTTD. Just a better movie overall. But I do think AVTAK is one of the most overhated Bond films, and I’d take it any day over the other ending films of long-running Bonds (Connery’s DAF and Brosnan’s DAD). Neither of these are super close to my top 10, but they’re in the classic “good” tier(s) for me.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Watch NTTD until London.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Watch NTTD until London.

Yes, indeed. That’s a great film. If you turn off right when it transitions to London, yes.
    but…
    I’d still prefer to watch AVTAK.
    Everything in London really encompasses the sore spot for me in NTTD. Much like issues I have with SP, that's when it really starts to drag and becomes too focused on exposition and random scientific/technical jargon. If I could somehow watch up until then but jump to Norway instead, it'd be so much stronger.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Everything in London really encompasses the sore spot for me in NTTD. Much like issues I have with SP, that's when it really starts to drag and becomes too focused on exposition and random scientific/technical jargon. If I could somehow watch up until then but jump to Norway instead, it'd be so much stronger.

It really would. That, and scratch the child from the script, and get and ambiguous ending. That would’ve made for a better film. But I don’t want to open that particular can of worms in this thread ;)
    Univex wrote: »

It really would. That, and scratch the child from the script, and get and ambiguous ending. That would’ve made for a better film. But I don’t want to open that particular can of worms in this thread ;)

Too right, that's an endless debate saved for elsewhere, but I feel you on a lot of that! For me, I almost feel like the London sequences are an afterthought or from a different movie entirely. Otherwise, the rest of the film, despite its lengthy runtime, is paced pretty damn well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The one where Bond does not die... AVTAK is easily the laziest film in the series though it is a fun watch nonetheless.

Regarding NTTD I don't get past the pre title sequence when I attempt to watch it now.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    AVTAK hands down. The John Barry score alone is worth it.

NTTD has nothing I'd want to revisit.
    Murdock wrote: »

I can always count on you, @Murdock!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

I can always count on you, @Murdock!

I aim to please. ;)
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    AVTAK....it feels more like a Bond film. A feel good title song and score. Moore's Bond past his best, but he's still very much utra-entertaining to watch.
  • GBFGBF
    AVTAK!! I really Like this film. And NTTD is Just far too long and disappointing in many regards. AVTAK is flawed but has a lot of great incrediances. But most of all, it has a much better pacing whereas NTTD drags.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 16 Posts: 2,928
    NTTD. There aren't enough CraigBond films, so I wouldn't want to lose the chance to watch one of the few we do have.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I really do enjoy NTTD, some of it is a bit iffy for me, but on the whole I certainly don't hate it.
    However I would choose AVTAK, purely because of Roger Moore. He was my first Bond, the one I grew up with. Yes he was too old for the role by that time, but he still gave it his all.
  • Although my latest rewatch of AVTAK saw the film jumping up a few spots compared to before, I’d still probably have to go with NTTD.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    AVTAK. It is imperfect, but has greatness in it.
    Omelette over apple-peel, any day.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited February 16 Posts: 3,390
    AVTAK, it's just a Bond film that tried to be a Bond film, NTTD, on the other hand, tried to be something else, it's pretentious but it didn't land, it's too much. AVTAK was more simple as ABC, it's a Bond film, and it went that way.

NTTD felt like a 5 star hotel, but lacking in great services.
    I don't know what NTTD tried to do but whatever it is, it didn't worked, it didn't land, it's a failure overall, it's too ambitious.

AVTAK for me.
    If I'm in the mood for a comedy, AVTAK. Something serious? NTTD. I don't think of the Moore era as Bond films. They're Roger Moore films in which he plays James Bond.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited February 16 Posts: 6,786
    AVTAK without hesitation.

The villains, Sir Godfrey, the dialogue, the music, 80s atmosphere, the chateau scenes, the Golden Gate finale, a pts behind the Iron Curtain and even a freakin blimp.

Matera, Ana de Armas and Léa Seydoux are great, but aren't enough to give NTTD a chance in this duel.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    NTTD is by far the better film, but with the current world situation, and the constant fear it has cast over the family, I'll definately go for Roger Moore. I've come to a new appreciation for his work.
    There's a lot going on in AVTAK than NTTD. Starting with the henchmen, Mayday is better than Primo.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    AVTAK without hesitation.

The villains, Sir Godfrey, the dialogue, the music, 80s atmosphere, the chateau scenes, the Golden Gate finale, a pts behind the Iron Curtain and even a freakin blimp.

Matera, Ana de Armas and Léa Seydoux are great, but aren't enough to give NTTD a chance in this duel.

Pretty much this. Ana de Armas will only get you so far in this battle.
  • No brainer. NTTD. A much better made film with a proper, serious Bond. Although AVTAK has better villain and theme tune.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 16 Posts: 2,928
    CrabKey wrote: »
    I don't think of the Moore era as Bond films. They're Roger Moore films in which he plays James Bond.
    Y'know, I've never thought of it that way, but there's actually a lot of truth in that.
    Even the short car chase in AVTAK with Moore's Bond in a Tuxedo, is more inventive than the whole of the Norway car chase in NTTD.