Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    JONATHAN_BAILEY.jpg

SS24_PRESS-RELEASE_v1.jpeg

Something interesting to note. Jonathan Bailey became an OMEGA Ambassador in April 2023 and is now staring in Orlebar Brown's Spring 2024 Campaign

He looks like a grown man, so he is already a better choice than some of the other names I have seen mentioned lately.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    He looks good, but a little too Disney prince for me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

• LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    They certainly are trying to make Callum a star out of this show. That's interesting in and of itself, considering Austin Butler and the rest of the cast. I haven't seen the show - is Turner the lead?
  • edited February 9 Posts: 6,677
    JONATHAN_BAILEY.jpg

Something interesting to note. Jonathan Bailey became an OMEGA Ambassador in April 2023 and is now staring in Orlebar Brown's Spring 2024 Campaign

He looks like a grown man, so he is already a better choice than some of the other names I have seen mentioned lately.

I'd be happy with this choice. Looks like a man, speaks like a man, good hair, has eyebrows, yes, he'd be ok.

Another thing, I’m willing to bet everyone will campaign for Theo James after that new netflix series of his. Just watched a 2020 film with him called Archive and it’s basically just him the whole movie and he’s got presence and charisma. Even drives a black Esprit in it.

i001456998.jpg
    960x0.jpg?height=297&width=711&fit=bounds
    The man just has to shave properly.
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    Univex wrote: »
    JONATHAN_BAILEY.jpg

I'd be happy with this choice. Looks like a man, speaks like a man, good hair, has eyebrows, yes, he'd be ok.

Another thing, I’m willing to bet everyone will campaign for Theo James after that new netflix series of his. Just watched a 2020 film with him called Archive and it’s basically just him the whole movie and he’s got presence and charisma. Even drives a black Esprit in it.

i001456998.jpg
    960x0.jpg?height=297&width=711&fit=bounds
    The man just has to shave properly.

Like Aidan Turner, too old. Per EoN.
  • Dear Mr Pamuk.
  • edited February 10 Posts: 6,677
    Bond, James Bond. New favorite for me.

And before anyone says it, I absolutely hate Bridgerton.

19e3b5732991e076bedd7e1d530b9144a6e02c2c.jpg

da6c34c333d310270b6ef5935f5419e548f9d337.jpg

ea60678ef9849d0aa1da758c5573860bf9df9c25.jpg

4ad587889b716aa3594896295f075eeeb9567aa8.jpg

b421e9f51451d71b4ceadfdb43f8d42294225af8.jpg

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 10 Posts: 1,368
    If they give Callum Turner Timothy Dalton's haircut in TLD with the comma, I think he's going to look very Bond and almost like Dalton's Bond.
  • edited February 10 Posts: 6,677
    If they give Callum Turner Timothy Dalton's haircut in TLD with the comma, I think he's going to look very Bond and almost like Dalton's Bond.

I do think so. And he should work on his serious gaze. He always looks too giddy and jovial. But a cruel, serious look, daltonesque, wouldn’t hurt.

But yes, no more spiky hair Bond please.

I do think so. And he should work on his serious gaze. He always looks too giddy and jovial. But a cruel, serious look, daltonesque, wouldn’t hurt.

:)>- Precisely.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Craig looked his best when his hair was a touch less than perfect.
  • Univex wrote: »

Dua and Callum are all over TikTok at the moment, both with beaming smiles happy as larry. Bless him.
    edited February 11 Posts: 155

Dua and Callum are all over TikTok at the moment, both with beaming smiles happy as larry. Bless him.

Tread carefully, Callum, before you know it they'll make you wear a t-shirt to the beach...

tomhiddleston.jpg?quality=80&format=jpg&width=960&ratio=16-9
    talos7 wrote: »
    Craig looked his best when his hair was a touch less than perfect.

He did. But Craig pulled off a lot that a lot could never. I would advise against imitating him. One who does risk it, will be on the loosing end of that rope thug.
  • Univex wrote: »

Tread carefully, Callum, before you know it they'll make you wear a t-shirt to the beach...

There's also pics inside a club where his hair is somewhat sweaty and you can see his receding hairline. Hopes trashed
    edited February 12 Posts: 155

There's also pics inside a club where his hair is somewhat sweaty and you can see his receding hairline. Hopes trashed

292186c50840a37f6358d00d0e762391.jpg
    Yes, historically receding hairlines hasn’t been a dealbreaker when it comes to Bond actors.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Plus, look at Dalton’s face vs Hiddles.

One is a killer.

One is a…. swifty….
  • We have to investigate these things, guys. And I've just looked under my fringe...yikes!

So much Bond in that look! Looks like Craig's Bond in that promotional pic for CR, where Craig's Bond hair is black and his gun's silencer is zoomed and the back of his hair combed backwards.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    The problem with being a testosterone-driven killing machine is that 10% or so of it will be converted to dihydrotestosterone - and that's the vile fiend from the Pit that causes baldness. The higher the T-levels, the higher the production of DHT. Vicious circle.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

So much Bond in that look! Looks like Craig's Bond in that promotional pic for CR, where Craig's Bond hair is black and his gun's silencer is zoomed and the back of his hair combed backwards.

I know most people liked the official version of that shot more but to me that first James Bond picture of DC was the best.
    BTW, just by the showdown going on the other thread, between Callum and Theo James, I'd say forget Dua Lipa, and get Ruth Kearney to star alongside her husband. Random comment? Yes. But, well, yes.
    Tuxedo wrote: »

I know most people liked the official version of that shot more but to me that first James Bond picture of DC was the best.

Exactly!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Reading the book Being Bond has got me thinking, I wonder if EON (Barbara specifically) has got the actor to play Bond #7 in mind but they're trying to convince him, like they did with Craig.

The start of that book implies how they weren't thinking about making the next Bond film until they got Craig signed on. Debbie McWilliams went around the world looking at and meeting different actors, but Barbara only had Craig in mind. Once he signed on, the wheels begun to turn on Bond 21, perhaps history might repeat itself this time round?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 13 Posts: 23,553
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Reading the book Being Bond has got me thinking, I wonder if EON (Barbara specifically) has got the actor to play Bond #7 in mind but they're trying to convince him, like they did with Craig.

The start of that book implies how they weren't thinking about making the next Bond film until they got Craig signed on. Debbie McWilliams went around the world looking at and meeting different actors, but Barbara only had Craig in mind. Once he signed on, the wheels begun to turn on Bond 21, perhaps history might repeat itself this time round?

On that note, I know that some here give the woman hell for being so "in love with Craig" and whatnot, but honestly, didn't she make an excellent choice? So what if she fought for Craig or did her stinking best to keep him signed on as long as possible? I'm a happy Bond fan with Craig's five entries in the series. So people can say all they want about Barbara Broccoli making it look as if there was no alternative to Craig; I'm thanking her for that!

So if she already has another bloke in mind, well then why should I question her taste at this point? It's clear that she knows her Bond. :-)
    I think they definitely keep an eye out for potential actors even when they have a Bond. It makes sense that they would anyway. Whether or not one especially jumps out at them this time round like Craig did is another matter, but I think they’ve at least thought about their preferred options.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 13 Posts: 2,932
    Before he was signed up, BB told Craig explicitly that 'we want you to do this.' Unless that's EON's usual sweetener, that suggests that Dan was it - the only one they actually wanted to play Bond (change the emphasis, slighty: 'we want you to do this'). In the light of that, I actually do suspect that Cavill and any others that were screentested were never really in competition with Dan, but were pretty much auditioning to be the substitute in case he turned it down. No proof, obvs, but BB's words to Craig are pretty suggestive.
    Regardless, Barbara Broccoli seems to have been the one who identified Dan as a potentially great Bond and the one who dug her heels in and fought for him despite all the doubters. Who cares if she thought the world of him? No CR without BB's instincts and determination - we've got a hell of a lot to thank her for.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Couldn't agree more @DarthDimi even though I think there's been some mistakes made in the few years with Bond, I trust EON and most importantly Barbara. She knows Bond

@007HallY I don't think there's anyone that jumps out as "their choice" this time round, I do think that it probably is a short list.