Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Benny wrote: »
    Getting a bit ridiculous now. You know I'm gonna do it.

And I’m sure we’re all behind you @DewiWynBond

If you do get the part, will you still post here?
    I’d imagine the exposure would be quite extreme.

I think this thread should get deleted if I do. I'll use a secret name otherwise 😉
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

These guys keep forgetting that. What can you do? 😔

I can do what I was born to do. It's time to get out of first gear!

So you can drive a manual car? That's a good start.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Do you wear life jackets on a boat?

How’s your hairline?

If your co-star eat garlic, what do you do?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Benny wrote: »

Do you wear life jackets on a boat?

How’s your hairline?

If your co-star eat garlic, what do you do?
    How did you gain access to EON's casting questionnaire @Benny? ;)
    I have friends in low places @Denbigh 😉
    They're already wearing my style and colours.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Elordi sort of looks like Michael Praed in a faulty mirror.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    GFgTqPkXwAAO-TZ.jpg

Deux Moi getting in on the casting action again. Though it should be noted they did reveal the cast of White Lotus 3 before the trades.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Dubious at best, but if true, I have never hoped so much for Callum Turner to get the role.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Deuxmoi seems to get a lot of scoops that do pan out (like @Red_Snow mentioned, they knew every single cast member for S3 of The White Lotus weeks before they were all finally, officially announced).
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    talos7 wrote: »
    Dubious at best, but if true, I have never hoped so much for Callum Turner to get the role.

Yep same mate. I'd hope they'd have stronger candidates after all this time to be honest.
    Who knows how much truth (if any) is in that. Out of all of them I’d say Turner’s likely the best though.
    Interesting but nothing special. It would be a crying shame.
    Interesting but nothing special. It would be a crying shame.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 5 Posts: 8,507
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    GFgTqPkXwAAO-TZ.jpg

Deux Moi getting in on the casting action again. Though it should be noted they did reveal the cast of White Lotus 3 before the trades.

The question is: when has this person been right on Bond?

If my memory serves, he's been around a bit with rumours about Bond and was always proved to be incorrect.

I'd make a wager and say, hes not onto anything here.

Edit: a quick Google search showed they've been posting Elordi would be the new Bond since March 2022.

So for two years.

No script.

No director.

This one, and now three actors, are in the running.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    peter wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    GFgTqPkXwAAO-TZ.jpg

The question is: when has this person been right on Bond?

If my memory serves, he's been around a bit with rumours about Bond and was always proved to be incorrect.

I'd make a wager and say, hes not onto anything here.

I hope you're right mate
    Time will tell. They've gotten big scoops 100% accurate in the past. I've always been under the impression it's a woman, not a man or an entity, but maybe I'm mistaken.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    LucknFate wrote: »
    https://variety.com/2024/film/global/jacob-elordi-police-investigation-alleged-assault-radio-producer-1235897930/

If Elordi was even considered, probably not now. Can't be choking people you don't like in the real world. Curious to see this develop

I think he's trying to be the next Barry Allen / The Flash.

star-trek-jean-luc-picard.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 5 Posts: 8,507
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Time will tell. They've gotten big scoops 100% accurate in the past. I've always been under the impression it's a woman, not a man or an entity, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I looked them up.

Seems there are several people running this. Seems they're more "generators of gossip", rather than a legitimate film-tv source.

But once again, I believe in the past they all but struck out with Bond rumours.

There's not a script nor a director, nor a release date.

I'd take the bet that there's no smoke here, other than posting three, hot, flavors of the month.
    LucknFate wrote: »
    https://variety.com/2024/film/global/jacob-elordi-police-investigation-alleged-assault-radio-producer-1235897930/

If Elordi was even considered, probably not now. Can't be choking people you don't like in the real world. Curious to see this develop

I think he's trying to be the next Barry Allen / The Flash.

star-trek-jean-luc-picard.gif

He saw Ezra's behavior and went "wow, you can choke whoever you want and they'll still release your film. Nice!"
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 5 Posts: 5,869
    It’s quite telling I think that this rumour mentions three candidates we’ve been recently discussing at length… but hey, we all know I'd be on board for Callum or Aaron. All though, overall, I think I'm leaning more towards Callum.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It’s quite telling I think that this rumour mentions three candidates we’ve been recently discussing at length…

They have people, everywhere…
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Denbigh … what’s telling though?

Saltburn, Masters of the Air, are buzzed about projects now streaming, and; ATJ’s Marvel film is around the corner (and he’s been mentioned as Bond as many times, if not more than, Clive Owen back in the day).

If we knew the script was done., and;

A director attached…

…. I would definitely reconsider my thoughts on this.

But no one is attached.
    As far as we know there’s not even a script.
    There’s not even a release date that they’re working towards at the moment. These three things are more telling than anything else…

All this gossip site has done, was name three hot actors who “reportedly” (by whom?), met with producers, and; they published a poll asking if this is a smoke and fire thing, or is it suspect, or is there no truth.

And strangers are the ones doing these polls. Strangers whom are guessing based off of the tricky way they worded their poll.

I also heard actors had met with EoN for meet and greets (a year and a half ago!); I wasn’t privy to names. It could be these three or, it could be ten other guys.

But when I heard this, it was many moons ago, and since then, we’ve had two devastating strikes, and a lot of radio silence from EoN HQ.

Once again, anyone involved in whatever may, or may not be happening at EoN, has signed an NDA, and I’ll bet that none of these people would risk their livelihoods telling a gossip columnist who is in the running…
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 5 Posts: 5,869
    @peter I meant more in the sense that this rumour might be gossip spread through discussion pages like this. As I said Aaron and Callum have been and still are being discussed by us at length so would not be surprised at all if the gossip spread from here or anywhere else there names are being bounced around...

I do often think "never say never", but I'm not gonna put all my eggs into this basket because of the reasons you've also stated above. I'd probably be more likely to believe the rumour if the names were rather left field and again wasn't being discussed at length by James Bond discussion boards.
    I'd love to know just how many discussions and debates we've had on here that have led to "breaking news" and "juicy rumors" across the Internet.

I guess it's time to start championing myself to play the next Bond, see if any outlets pick it up eventually.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @peter I meant more in the sense that this rumour might be gossip spread through discussion pages like this. As I said Aaron and Callum have been and still are being discussed by us at length so would not be surprised at all if the gossip spread from here or anywhere else there names are being bounced around...

I do often think "never say never", but I'm not gonna put all my eggs into this basket because of the reasons you've also stated above. I'd probably be more likely to believe the rumour if the names were rather left field and again wasn't being discussed at length by James Bond discussion boards.

Yeah I guess that could be very true. Spies for gossip sites scouring and mining popular fan sites for “news” they can turn into clicks. I’m pretty sure that’s how most of the rags poop out their BS on a daily basis (and not just about Bond, either)!
    peter wrote: »
    @Denbigh … what’s telling though?

Saltburn, Masters of the Air, are buzzed about projects now streaming, and; ATJ’s Marvel film is around the corner (and he’s been mentioned as Bond as many times, if not more than, Clive Owen back in the day).

If we knew the script was done., and;

A director attached…

…. I would definitely reconsider my thoughts on this.

But no one is attached.
    As far as we know there’s not even a script.
    There’s not even a release date that they’re working towards at the moment. These three things are more telling than anything else…

All this gossip site has done, was name three hot actors who “reportedly” (by whom?), met with producers, and; they published a poll asking if this is a smoke and fire thing, or is it suspect, or is there no truth.

And strangers are the ones doing these polls. Strangers whom are guessing based off of the tricky way they worded their poll.

I also heard actors had met with EoN for meet and greets (a year and a half ago!); I wasn’t privy to names. It could be these three or, it could be ten other guys.

But when I heard this, it was many moons ago, and since then, we’ve had two devastating strikes, and a lot of radio silence from EoN HQ.

Once again, anyone involved in whatever may, or may not be happening at EoN, has signed an NDA, and I’ll bet that none of these people would risk their livelihoods telling a gossip columnist who is in the running…

100% agree with you here @peter
    I'll take this with a pinch of salt for now. Unless EON are much further along than they say they are, then I'll listen to someone who actually works in the industry and knows how it works, rather than some clickbait gossip column.
  • edited February 6 Posts: 486
    There’s not even a release date that they’re working towards at the moment.

Good! There shouldn't be one until there is a script all the key players (producers and the director) are happy with.

On a different note...

"Calum Turner? Jacob Elrodi? Ha! Weak sauce! I got this."
    2DsxBm8.png
  • meshypushymeshypushy Ireland
    There’s not even a release date that they’re working towards at the moment.

Good! There shouldn't be one until there is a script all the key players (producers and the director) are happy with.

On a different note...

2DsxBm8.png

As an aside, could we crowdfund some laxatives for ATJ?
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    edited February 6 Posts: 155

2DsxBm8.png

https://streamable.com/lv6z7p