I make Bond movie titles.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »
    It would be my pleasure to help out.

State you credentials?

So do Purvis & Wade and I don’t see them as potential James Bonds 😉
  • edited January 25 Posts: 2,954
    I like Elordi as an actor, but I don’t think I’m sold on him as Bond. He’s a bit too young I’d say, in a way that he simply comes across as being so in many of his roles (a bit of youth and vigour for Bond is fine, but there has to be a maturity there too - think of a 32 year old Connery coming across as older. Elordi’s still able to get away playing characters in their late teens, which for Bond is a major issue). Might just be me, but I don’t think his strength as an actor is in his physicality, which is also a problem for Bond (obviously he’s a tall, slim guy, but I felt in Priscilla he wasn’t quite able to inhabit Elvis’ movements/walk in the same way Austin Butler did. Even in Saltburn there’s a sort gangliness/awkwardness to him, and compared to Barry Keoghan, who manages to inhabit the varied sides of his character through his posture/body language, I don’t think he’s quite as strong in this area. I certainly can’t imagine him doing Keoghan’s scene at the very end of that film, or indeed convincingly doing the stunts required for 007!) Again, a talented actor with good range, but unsuitable for this role in my opinion.

State you credentials?

I have a vision of the character that only I can bring to life. I also make movie posters.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Damn we need a crumb of real news. 😏

State you credentials?

I have a vision of the character that only I can bring to life. I also make movie posters.

I’ve spoken to EON, and it’s a pass from them I’m afraid.
    They’ve heard the same from Hiddleston, Aidan Turner, Holland and Hardy.
    And then there was Nolan. 😳

State you credentials?

I’ve spoken to EON, and it’s a pass from them I’m afraid.
    They’ve heard the same from Hiddleston, Aidan Turner, Holland and Hardy.
    And then there was Nolan. 😳

That was quick. Suppose I'll get drafted for war then. For King And Country.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    weboffear wrote: »
    I've said it before and i'll say it again , no to the Andy Murray lookalike

I cannot support Callum Turner as James Bond for this reason…he lacks the sex appeal that iconic Bonds like Sean Connery or Daniel Craig exude. Turner doesn't seem to inspire the desire for emulation from men or lust from women; he comes across as somewhat dull and ordinary. His resemblance to Dominic West reinforces this perception. On the contrary, Jacob Elordi, with his undeniable sex appeal and widespread desirability, seems like a more fitting candidate. His nuanced performances in Saltburn and Priscilla showcase his acting range, making him the clear front runner for the role in my view. Whilst I’m high on anticipation to see Turner in Masters of the Air, it’s Elordi's potential as James Bond that has surely caught Barbara's attention.

Absolutely not.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Elordi as Bond? No thanks. Hopefully they have better options than Elordi.

I don't want another Australian as Bond
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Elordi as Bond? No thanks. Hopefully they have better options than Elordi.

I don't want another Australian as Bond

I'm not on the Elordi train either, but he does well in his acting.
    To his credit, you wouldn't know he's an Aussie (not that that's a bad thing)
    He doesn't suggest he's a potential Bond in anything I've seen though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm still pretty happy with my top 5 choices. You never know whose on EON's radar though...

XvcbXAD.jpeg

1. Sam Claflin
    2. Callum Turner
    3. Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    4. Sean Teale
    5. Sope Dirisu
    After seeing Saltburn, I do think Elordi is a good actor, and if he ages enough and tones down the plummy accent (Bond is posh, but he shouldn’t sound that posh imo), then who knows, maybe he could play a good Bond in ten, fifteen years or so.

Not now though. I quite like the idea of a younger actor than we’ve had before to freshen things up @Pierce2Daniel, but Connery and Craig didn’t just have sex appeal. They had a certain kind of hard, alpha male sex appeal, and I think a 20 something Bond would absolutely need that to compensate for his fresher face (imagine a 20 something playing it like Roger Moore, he’d be unbearable). Elordi and Chamalet, like most actors their age, are just too soft looking. There’s the odd exception, I reckon Dirisu or O’Connell could have managed to play Bond convincingly in their late 20s, so I still wouldn’t rule out the idea of someone that age doing it. But Bond shouldn’t look like a drama school kid.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I'm still pretty happy with my top 5 choices. You never know whose on EON's radar though...

XvcbXAD.jpeg

1. Sam Claflin
    2. Callum Turner
    3. Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    4. Sean Teale
    5. Sope Dirisu

I could be on board with two of them
  • Denbigh wrote: »

XvcbXAD.jpeg

1. Sam Claflin
    2. Callum Turner
    3. Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    4. Sean Teale
    5. Sope Dirisu

I totally agree with your first three choices. My only reservation regarding Claflin is his age: he is now 37 years old and risks being too old when Bond 26 goes into production. It's a shame since he really looks the part and could have been a great Bond.

eea90c4397ca03386dc525d2abeb16ead38caaab.gif
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

XvcbXAD.jpeg

1. Sam Claflin
    2. Callum Turner
    3. Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    4. Sean Teale
    5. Sope Dirisu

I could be on board with two of them
    Aaron and Sean right? ;)
    Bingo…
    After seeing Saltburn, I do think Elordi is a good actor, and if he ages enough and tones down the plummy accent (Bond is posh, but he shouldn’t sound that posh imo), then who knows, maybe he could play a good Bond in ten, fifteen years or so.

Not now though. I quite like the idea of a younger actor than we’ve had before to freshen things up @Pierce2Daniel, but Connery and Craig didn’t just have sex appeal. They had a certain kind of hard, alpha male sex appeal, and I think a 20 something Bond would absolutely need that to compensate for his fresher face (imagine a 20 something playing it like Roger Moore, he’d be unbearable). Elordi and Chamalet, like most actors their age, are just too soft looking. There’s the odd exception, I reckon Dirisu or O’Connell could have managed to play Bond convincingly in their late 20s, so I still wouldn’t rule out the idea of someone that age doing it. But Bond shouldn’t look like a drama school kid.

I reckon for the majority of actors it’s a case where they have to mature a bit in order to believably play the role. I’d have said the same about Brosnan and Dalton incidentally, and think it’s for the best they were in their 40s for their debuts.

I mean, there are certain young actors I wouldn’t dismiss, even if it means they may have to wait 10-12 years. Personally I’d be interested in seeing how the likes of Fionn Whitehead and Jamie Flatters are looking after the next Bond, regardless of whether they’re right or not by then.
    edited January 25 Posts: 7,983
    For me, Callum Turner is an example of an actor’s ability and screen presence, including voice , elevating someone who I had dismissed in the past. I’m still not sold on his look but he has definitely improved as he’s matured .

(Edit) Giving it some thought, he’s the Anti-Cavill.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Univex wrote: »
    Elordi looks like Eric Bana.

1:18 scale.

:)>-
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited January 25 Posts: 2,934
    I dunno, lads, I can more easily see Teale playing Charles Manson, tbf. ;)
    new-york-ny-actor-sean-teale-attends-the-2018-fox-network-upfront-at-wollman-rink-central-park.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=A0KvSiv3KX_JLWDuTPflxOmQ8l0mZEHbwka9axJ3yEg=
  • edited January 25 Posts: 2,954
    I actually think Teale would genuinely make a good Bond villain if they wanted to go for a younger one.

As for Turner, I’m onboard after more of a look into him. I think he’s actually got a good look (reminds me a bit of Craig in a good way, good looking but distinctive, not too smooth around the edges. I can definitely see someone describing him as having a ‘cruel’ mouth, and I like that he’s got blue-grey eyes). Natural charisma, good voice, and good physique/physicality too. Pretty solid actor as well. Worth considering.
  • Venutius wrote: »
    I dunno, lads, I can more easily see Teale playing Charles Manson, tbf. ;)
    new-york-ny-actor-sean-teale-attends-the-2018-fox-network-upfront-at-wollman-rink-central-park.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=A0KvSiv3KX_JLWDuTPflxOmQ8l0mZEHbwka9axJ3yEg=

charles-manson.gif
    Watching The Invitation (2022) and I've got no idea about his other qualities but damn Thomas Doherty looks a lot like Sean Connery.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 25 Posts: 5,869
    By the way if anyone wants to check out any of Callum Turner's filmography, here's some trailers.

• M_Blaise wrote: »
    Watching The Invitation (2022) and I've got no idea about his other qualities but damn Thomas Doherty looks a lot like Sean Connery.

• buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    edited January 26 Posts: 155
    Never was a fan of Callum Turner, but hear me out. Any day of the week 365 x ∞ I'd choose Callum Turner over ATJ/Elawdi. If Callum would be cast, please do period instead. It fits his look much more.

However, it should have been this guy. Forever and always.
    ad238b6e46cb65c2ae2a92010075adf6.gif
    It would seem that ship has sailed @buddyoldchap

No real new candidates coming through, some suggestions don't seem to work for a few of us, and others are just plain wrong for the role.
    It's a very tough role to fill.