Would you rather EON adapt the continuation novels OR continue to develop their own adventures?

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Golf. I'm terrible at it but I'm sure I'll find a way to irritate Mr. Goldfinger to warrant a friendly demonstration of Oddjob's formidable statue-decapitating skills.
  • Agent0099Agent0099 Milford, Michigan
    Absolutely golf with Goldfinger!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Fencing! Used to do it in Uni and still love the sport. Would need a bit of preperation to fence off Graves though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm trash at both but I'd have to go with golfing with Goldfinger. I might actually have a shot of winning there.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I'd go with fencing.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Played both of them when I was younger, and would say yes to both of them as well. Though, having not practised fencing for a while now, I think my golf skills are better atm, so I'll go with that.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Golf with Goldfinger
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Golf - it's more about having a nice relaxing day out with company, the competing comes second. You don't have to be great at it to play a decent game. I used to play way back in my pre-teens. Have a look at some of these golf courses around the world, they look amazing, it would be an experience to visit such a resort with all the lakes, bunkers and obstacles, and take in the view at the same time. This is what one of my co-workers does every year or so.

Never fenced before - or kept my tip up. 😅
    Goldfinger would have me shot or banned from the club after my 5th triple bogey in a row.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Looks like we are all in the rough, we are playing strict rules so I am afraid you lost the hole and the match!

Lets move on to another would you rather. This one based on hotels. Over the years our man has had quite a few nice hotels to call home while on a mission.

Lets pose a couple and see where you would rather stay!

Would you rather stay at the Fountainebleau from GF OR the suite in MR in Brazil?

On one hand an opulant room that has a fridge and kitchenette. A wonderful transistor radio. The grounds of the hotel feature an Olympic sized pool, skating rink and a great spot on the beach of Miami.

On the other hand, a room so large it requires a car to get around. A beautiful living area and an open concept to the city of Rio! Manuela is an added extra bonus.

Which one would you rather stay at?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Manuela gets my vote!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Are you specifically aiming this question at me @thedove? :D

My answer has been, is, and always will be ......
    mr_30_500.jpg
    :x :x :x
  • Fountainebleu for sure. Get to meet Dink!
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Manuela
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Both seem to be excellent, but since I'm wondering what one can do in Rio if one doesn't samba, I'm going to choose Manuela, euhm, I mean Rio.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    hahaha this is turning out to be 'which girl would you rather spend the night with'.

I love Brazil, is all I'll say in this matter ;-)
    edited January 22 Posts: 4,977
    I slanted things in favour of the beautiful Brazil and a certain beauty from the area. LOL!

Okay lets turn focus to a casting decision for the next film.

The Bond films have had some colourful and memorable villains over the years. Most times the villain was not a bankable movie star. In fact many villains have been portrayed by character actors. People like Gert Frobe, Aldopho Celi and even Joseph Wiseman were not high profile movie stars and yet they left a mark on the series.

Occasionally the producers have flirted with getting a "name" actor to take the villain role. Anthony Hopkins, and James Mason spring to mind as people that were seriously considered and in some cases offered the role of the villain.

Considering that Bond26 will have a new Bond I am wondering the following:

Would you rather the villain of Bond26 be a character actor OR a big name actor?

I think of the Batman series where actors like Jack Nicholson, Jim Carrey and Arnold Schwarzenegger were cast as villains to guarantee some Box Office clout. I suppose the closest the Bond series has got to that type of casting was Christopher Lee and more recently Christoph Waltz.

What type of actor should we have as the villain for the next adventure? Feel free to suggest names but otherwise tell us your preference.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Character actor... Box office champs have short life expectancies, but character actors have honed their craft and built a stable career proving value and worth every time they're hired.....
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Character actor, the Craig era is a great argument for and against. I want to be surprised by a villain again, I felt like I knew what Waltz and Rami were going to do, as much I like both actors.
    More talented lesser known actors please
    As was said, it's very rare that a big name star is given the villain role. Even Rami Malek and Javier Bardem weren't quite in that territory.

I'm going to be boring and say it ultimately depends on the actor/actress, but generally I think character actors are the way to go.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I love *everything* Mads Mikkelsen and Jesper Christensen brought to the Craig era, so I think the villain should be Danish.

Kidding. Maybe not.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Character actors. I don't want to expect too much and be let down again. Only Javier Bardem succeeded at it as a big name actor.
    I had forgotten to mention Mr. Bardem who certainly had some clout coming off his previous movies. Interesting that most are preferring to have a character actor or a less bankable star as the villain. Bringing the well known actors certainly has it's challenges for the actor and for the audience.

I love how over the years EON has done a wonderful job of finding a good actor for the role of villain. There was talk many years ago of Noel Coward being considered for Doctor No. While maybe not a bankable movie star he would have brought a certain star power to the role.

Very interesting to think of the actors. Was Donald Pleasance a big name? I think he was never a star of the movie, certainly a part of a cast. Even well known names, like Telly Savalas hadn't hit with Kodak when he co-starred in OHMSS.
  • I don't care as long as we get Bond 26
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    edited January 23 Posts: 231
    Always prefer an unknown - as you are never truly sure what they are capable of. Bigger names come with baggage which more often than not that translates into disappointment (aside from the odd exception such as Bardem)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 23 Posts: 4,444
    Best casting of DC era be with QOS include three already seen in CR (Mr White, Felix, Mathis)
    Man On Fire who is from 2004 was Giancarlo Giannini was the 3th movie i have seen him in as in remember him and that was in 2010. At time of QOS producers whant Tony Scott first as directer, the directer of Man On Fire and Spy Game. Whyle Tony Scott don't get the job (later on it turn out he was very deprest and kild him self), Giancarlo Giannini stay. Ana de Armas was cast too because of directer of NTTD. Gemma as Fields is one of my favorite Bondgirls.

Iam not disappointed in Malek and for biggest part it works, iam only disappointed did not more with chacter and some fight with Blofeld. The remeeting with Madeline does not work. What happend with them after he saved her.

Some others like Judi Dench bulding respect over the years. Fienes was known from Harry Potter and mabey two other movies. I think one reason of his casting happend so people have face you can known for difficult era. Whyle actor playing C was mistake (Not so much as Falco for DAD) and first i was sjure about Lea because she was already seen in Mission Inpossible 4 and for same reason i don't like casting of Waltz.

Unknown/little bit known. Denise Richards was positieve suprise, whyle of lot of disliked here. More fames elements next time should be that there take Elton John, Britney Spears or Robbie Williams for title song. Whyle i also don't mind if for once wil take none English/American like Rondé (Dutch Duran Duran/ah).

I don't whant 1 Against 1 villian for Bond 26, later in movie yes but not in beginning. One person created succesfull setting up a group against Bond and Mi6/Cia/World. It is what try to do with Quantum.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    As I'm watching the film, do I want to be focusing on how great it is to have this big name actor in a Bond film, or do I want to be focusing on what their character is doing, and their motives? The choice seems obvious. That's what was great about CR - Craig, I think, was the only newcomer I had heard of / seen act prior.
    I think we must hand it to the casting directors of the franchise there hasn't been many missteps with the casting of the villain of the film. I too enjoy that the villain isn't a "huge" star as it does being a certain baggage with it.

Okay lets move on to another scenario. Over the course of the films Bond has taken in some activities and events. Some are cultured and some are more of the sport variety. Lets see which one you would rather attend by facing off two totally different types of events.

Would you rather watch kick-boxing in Thailand (TMWTGG) OR take in Tosca in Austria(QOS)?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tosca, every time.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Seen kb in T.

Tosca is for me.