What's your top 5 favorite upcoming films!

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, YOU AND I BOTH!

I loved that part, and like I stated, this was months before the Aurora shooting. Now that the best looking part of the trailer is being removed, another scene is going to be added in, and the film is delayed, I've lost a large chunk of interest.
    @Creasy47 possibly it will be a directors cut? or deleted scenes? (Hopefully)
    jolearon wrote:
    @Creasy47 possibly it will be a directors cut? or deleted scenes? (Hopefully)

I would like for it to be, but I doubt it, as it would ignore the purpose of why they're doing it in the first place...which they shouldn't even be. They're giving in to the shooter's actions, not what the victims want.
    Well I see what everybody is talking about now... Looks good!

@jolearon, no wonder I had no idea what movie they were talking about, as it was originally titled "Cogan's Run," I believe, and I forgot they did a chance. I'll have to watch this trailer later, I don't believe I've seen it yet.

You know what movie a lot of people seem to be excited for and I'm just not that into as of now? 'Lawless.'
    @Creasy47 I'm a Shia LaBeouf fan, the movie looks well done, but I'm just not into Lawless either, maybe that would change, but I'm more excited to see Gangster Squad myself.

jolearon wrote:
    @Creasy47 I'm a Shia LaBeouf fan, the movie looks well done, but I'm just not into Lawless either, maybe that would change, but I'm more excited to see Gangster Squad myself.

I was incredibly excited to see 'Gangster Squad,' until their reshoot decision. I'm not sure now, I guess I'll have to wait for a new trailer to make my final decision. It has an excellent cast, so I'm sure I'll see it either way.

• My Top 5 Favorite upcoming Movies have to be

1: SkyFall
    2: The Expendables 2
    3: A Good Day to Die Hard
    4: The Last Stand
    5: Terminator 5 (When its sorted out!)
    I don't put SkyFall in here because it is a pretty obvious choice when you come into a James Bond forum.

So my 5 favorite upcoming movies for the second half of 2012 (I'll use the releasing dates of France) are :

- Killer Joe by William Friedkin (september)
    - Looper by Rian Johnson (october)
    - The Master by Paul Thomas Anderson (october)
    - Argo by Ben Afleck (october)
    - The Impossible by Juan Antonio Bayona (december)

But my list would be different if I go further than 2012 (this time, in ordre of preference) :

- Gravity by Alfonso Cuaron
    - Passion by Brian de Palma
    - Lincoln by Steven Spielberg
    - Snowpiercer by Bong Joon-ho
    - Cloud Atlas by Tom Tykwer, Andy and Lana Wachowski
    Skyfall and... that's it.
    Even if I'm a Tolkien fan (less than before, I have to admit) I'm not yet excited about The Hobbit.
    Skyfall
    The Hobbit
    Elysium
    Man of Steel
    Roboapocolypse
    Ted, expendables 2, Taken 2, The Hobbit and the one and only Skyfall
    @OwenDavian I've only heard small details about "Roboapocolypse" is their a trailer for that yet?

Also a movie you may not have heard of "Dinosaurs vs. Aliens"
    Looks interesting.

jolearon wrote:
    @OwenDavian I've only heard small details about "Roboapocolypse" is their a trailer for that yet?

Also a movie you may not have heard of "Dinosaurs vs. Aliens"
    Looks interesting.

Spielberg wants to get to directing it, but that's about it thus far.

I was going to add 'Zero Dark Thirty' to an anticipated list, because I enjoyed Bigelow's 'The Hurt Locker,' but the teaser - though only a teaser - was incredibly underwhelming and dull. Hopefully the official trailer gets me more interested, because it has an excellent cast.

As for 'Lincoln,' that's a big anticipation for me, and I'm sure we'll have a trailer by the end of the month.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There are so many to yet be unveiled that there is an uncertainty of what my true choices would be. Skyfall is obvious, for sure. As much as I hate to admit it, The Bourne Legacy looks fantastic and full of substance and is more than just a sequel, but a faithful continuation that draws on the past films. Is the next Die Hard coming out this year? If so, that as well, and fingers crossed for a traditional Christmastime release again. Taken 2 has my attention as well, and after seeing the Man of Steel trailer I am committed and hopeful in my faith for it. Hopefully Superman actually gets to punch something this time! I am looking at your Mr. Singer!
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,473
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I do believe 'A Good Day To Die Hard' will be out in February of 2013.

I, too, am incredibly excited for 'Taken 2' and 'The Bourne Legacy.' But, the latter is released when my training starts, and I'm not allowed to leave town while it's going on, and after the ten days of training, I'll have my first week of work and classes to deal with, so it's going to be hard trying to see it. Hopefully my boss will let me sneak away for a night and watch it.
  • Only Skyfall is on my radar at this point. Must see of course. I get all the cable channels so I can wait for anything else. Especially at the prices for a movie, let alone the food.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The 14th too! It's the perfect date film. Take your girlfriend and watch Bruce Willis kill people! 8-}
    Especially at the prices for a movie, let alone the food.

Tell me about it. Skyfall and The Dark Knight Rises are more than enough to pay for this year, for me. Most years, I don't even go.
    @Samuel001, that's what I'll be doing. She drags me to the likes of the upcoming new 'Twilight' film and next year's 'Catching Fire,' she'll be sitting with me while John McClane and his son kill bad guys for 90-120 minutes. Fair is fair.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Only Skyfall is on my radar at this point. Must see of course. I get all the cable channels so I can wait for anything else. Especially at the prices for a movie, let alone the food.
    I don't eat at all when I go to a movie. A movie is supposed to entertain me and let me become engorged in its world, so who needs the food as gimmicks, right? If a film is successful it should take away any thoughts of food and drink and just let me live in the world created for us.
  • I don't eat or drink during films, f*cking rip off. I just wait until after then if I am hungry I go to mcdonalds or something.
    The theater I regularly attend has a McDonald's immediately next to it, so I either eat before or after the film. I don't feel like spending $9 here and $7 there for food, although I'm usually suckered into such an act when my girlfriend is in tow.

I will admit, though, I am on a Mojito craze lately, so I find myself ordering one every time I go to see a movie there.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Only Skyfall is on my radar at this point. Must see of course. I get all the cable channels so I can wait for anything else. Especially at the prices for a movie, let alone the food.
    I don't eat at all when I go to a movie. A movie is supposed to entertain me and let me become engorged in its world, so who needs the food as gimmicks, right? If a film is successful it should take away any thoughts of food and drink and just let me live in the world created for us.

I've managed to cut out buying theater food when I take my kids to the movies, but they won't sit for 2 hours without a drink. And of course you can't take drinks in unless you bought them there.

Thankfully, "Catching Fire" and the new Percy Jackson film next year are the only ones on their radar. Won't be too bad.

@ Creasy- the price you pay for a little lovin' ;)
    Next year I will see...nothing! After that will be Bond 24 I would guess. God, I'm a tight git. Nothing wrong with waiting for the BD though, right? (I hope someone agrees with me and backs me up here). ;)

My new top 5 for the year:

Skyfall
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    Taken 2
    Django Unchained

That's right. I can't even name five.
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing, I mean, technicallyyyy...you can take a drink in there. ;) I used to stop at the Dollar Store before a film when the theater I attended was connected to the mall, and I'd get a drink and a bunch of candy. Less than $5, saved a ton of money when I was hungry.

And indeed, just a few dollars for an even more enjoyable post-film experience. Can't go wrong!

@Samuel001, BD = blu-ray disc? If so, that's how I look at the Bond films: one year, we get a new Bond film, and the next, we get that same film on blu-ray and DVD, and new information about the next one. You can't go wrong!
    Yes, sorry. BD = Blu-ray Disc.
    It's fine, that's what I thought you meant. I know I'll be looking forward to it. Thus far, I've refused to shave off a few minutes of watching a new trailer until it is fully buffered in 1080p. I just can't bring myself to buy DVD's anymore, even if it's one I really, really want, with no BD release in sight. I know I'll be as giddy for the release of SF on BD as I will be when it comes to theaters.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's fine, that's what I thought you meant. I know I'll be looking forward to it. Thus far, I've refused to shave off a few minutes of watching a new trailer until it is fully buffered in 1080p. I just can't bring myself to buy DVD's anymore, even if it's one I really, really want, with no BD release in sight. I know I'll be as giddy for the release of SF on BD as I will be when it comes to theaters.

Has the IMAX Skyfall trailer been released yet? I loved it, and prefer it to the newest trailer which gives simply too much away and more spoils than teases the film for my taste.
    No. The new trailer is an IMAX exclusive. It won't be released online.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,473
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I've been under the impression that the IMAX trailer is exclusive to IMAX and will not be released online.

EDIT: Exactly what @Samuel001 stated, my apologies. Was there a good bit more new footage in the IMAX trailer than what we have seen combined online?