Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Venutius wrote: »
    If Isabelle Adjani's in a film, I've got no memory of whoever else is in it...sorry, Ryan.

Very understandable! Her role in 'The Driver' is quite small, but she still is alluring! I remember seeing Luc Bessons debut film 'Subway' and all I could remember from the film is Isabelle!!

That film, like so many of Besson’s work, has a superb Éric Serra score as well ;) Anyways I love that film, one of my favourite Besson pictures.

Concerning Ryan O’Neill, afraid I haven’t seen him in much else than Barry Lyndon, but he did make a lasting impression just with that part alone. RIP Mr O’Neill.

You should check out 'Paper Moon', its a lovely film, and you have to see 'The Driver', cracking thriller, and 'What's Up Doc?' is hilarious, a throwback to the screwball comedies, and has a brilliant chase finale!
    Am not a huge fan of 'Barry Lyndon' its well made as you would expect from Kubrick, but O' Neals dodgy Oirish accent grates a bit!

I’ll add them to my watchlist, or as Scaramanga would put it: Then I must add it to my cellar ;)

Thank you for the recommendations!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I can't say that I know much about Ryan O'Neal, other than The Driver, which is a great film, with some of the best car chases.

Bruce Dern was a real.... *clears throat* in that film.

RIP
    I can't say that I know much about Ryan O'Neal, other than The Driver, which is a great film, with some of the best car chases.

Bruce Dern was a real.... *clears throat* in that film.

RIP

He was indeed! And you should watch it for more than the car chases ( which are thrilling!) Its a well told film noir with a neat littke twist!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP to Ryan. Paper Moon is one of the most beautiful films I've seen in a long, long time. Saw it earlier this year and fell in love with it and his performance.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 5,812
    He was also in the series Bones, playing the father of the main character.

Now, sad news on the comic book front : British artist Ian Gibson (Halo Jones and Robo-Hunter for 2000 AD) has passed away after a long batle with cancer, aged 77.

https://www.cbr.com/ian-gibson-2000-ad-star-artist-co-creator-halo-jones-obituary/

I have a few of his american works in my collection.
    Gerard wrote: »
    He was also in the series Bones, playing the father of the main character.

Now, sad news on the comic book front : British artist Ian Gibson (Halo Jones and Robo-Hunter for 2000 AD) has passed away after a long batle with cancer, aged 77.

https://www.cbr.com/ian-gibson-2000-ad-star-artist-co-creator-halo-jones-obituary/

I have a few of his american works in my collection.

R.I.P. Ian Gibson
    As a regular reader/collector of 2000 AD in its heyday, Gibsons artwork stood out among a stalwart group of artists!
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    So Jeffrey Fosket of The Beach Boys passed away yesterday.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Oh no. He was great in Brooklyn Nine Nine.

RIP
    French actor and singer Guy Marchand has passed away, aged 86 :

https://newsinfrance.com/guy-marchand-actor-and-musician-is-dead/
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Godzilla suit actor Kenpachiro Satsuma has died. Mr. Satsuma stepped into the “G” suit for seven films of the Heisei era, starting with 1984’s RETURN OF GODZILLA and concluding with 1995’s GODZILLA vs. DESTROYAH.
    KenpachiroSatsumaInGodzillaSuit.jpg

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/latest/2023/12/16/godzilla-suit-actor-kenpachiro-satsuma-passes-away-at-age-76

I’ve always loved the photo below. It is from a 2008 documentary called “Bringing Godzilla Down to Size” and features a once in a lifetime gathering of the major suit actors from all three eras (to that point): Haruo Nakajima (center), Mr. Satsuma (far left) and Tsutomu Kitagawa doing the classic Godzilla pose.
    image-asset.jpeg
    RIP Mr. Satsuma, and thanks for so many memories. =D>
    Sad to hear of the passing of actor James McCaffrey, who appeared in Rescue Me and was the legendary voice of the gaming world's Max Payne:

https://deadline.com/2023/12/james-mccaffrey-dead-1235671289/
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sad to hear of the passing of actor James McCaffrey, who appeared in Rescue Me and was the legendary voice of the gaming world's Max Payne:

https://deadline.com/2023/12/james-mccaffrey-dead-1235671289/

That is very sad. His Max Payne voice played a critical part in the film's success.
    It's sad to think of how both Max Payne remakes and also a possibly-inevitable Alan Wake 3 will fare without his talents.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited December 2023 Posts: 6,733
    RIP McCaffrey, Max Payne wouldn't be the same without you (listening to Late Goodbye as we speak).

It's sad to think of how both Max Payne remakes and also a possibly-inevitable Alan Wake 3 will fare without his talents.
    At least in the case of the remakes, I imagine they'll just reuse the dialogue from the original versions.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    RIP McCaffrey, Max Payne wouldn't be the same without you (listening to Late Goodbye as we speak).

At least in the case of the remakes, I imagine they'll just reuse the dialogue from the original versions.

You're probably right there, I doubt they'll really add in anything new.

And yes, Poets of the Fall are legendary. Been jamming to them for decades now.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »

You're probably right there, I doubt they'll really add in anything new.

And yes, Poets of the Fall are legendary. Been jamming to them for decades now.

I discovered the POTF through Max Payne 2. Love the band now!
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    TCM Remembers ...

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Feyador wrote: »
    TCM Remembers ...

A few names there had passed away that i was not aware of.

R.I.P. Paul Geoffrey (Perceval from Excalibur one of my favorite films).
    A part of my teenage years has left us recently : radio and TV personality Claude Villers has passed away, aged 79. I remember the evenings where I listened to his shows on France Inter, especially during my two years in West Berlin. For me, that theme will always be associated with him :

Way before it was the theme for Top Gear, it was the jingle for his radio show Pas de Panique.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Comedian, composer and musician Tommy Smothers has died. He was 86 years old.
    I was a bit too young to catch on to the political humor of the Smothers Brothers back in the day – beyond people calling it controversial – but I thought they were very funny.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/tom-smothers-dead-smothers-brothers-comedy-duo-1235775301/

And I always liked their “folk style song” skits. Always funny and still relevant.

RIP to a comedy legend.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735
    Tommy Smothers introducing The Who on The Smothers Brothers in 1967 ... stick around for the end:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2023 Posts: 15,690
    This one really hurts - RIP Tom Wilkinson.

Loved him as an actor in The Full Monty, Batman Begins, Rush Hour, Michael Clayton, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Valyrie and countless of other films.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65823240
    R.I.P. Tom Wilkinson, great actor, loved him in 'The Full Monty'
    Tom Wilkinson was an awesome, iconic character actor. An excellent filmography, and he’ll be remembered and missed. RIP.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    tom-wilkinson-3.jpg

R.I.P. Tom Wilkinson, good actor.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh that’s a shit end too 2023.
    I always liked Tom Wilkinson, a wonderful character that brought so much to every role.
    RIP
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    14x Wilkinson in my collection (* Bluray)

Rush Hour
    Batman Begins
    Duplicity
    The Ghost Writer
    Michael Clayton
    Ripley Under Ground
    Mission Impossible 4 *
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel *
    The Debt *
    The Grand Budapest Hotel *
    A Business Affair
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind