Behind the scenes Bond - various

Comments

• LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited November 2023 Posts: 1,434
    I started the B23 production thread and updated the OP every day. I also remember the Clapperboard thread. Can't believe they just released the full order of the scenes by the end basically. But it was fun! I remember the first spy photos of Bardem on set in the wig.
    Though it's great getting updates on the latest Bond production on your phone/laptop etc, we take it for granted now! I do miss the old days of an article or photo turning up unexpectedly in newspapers/ magazines. I vividly recall opening a Sunday Times colour supplement and seeing a full colour photo section on the pts of LTK! (Also remember a photo in one of the main papers, of Rog from OP in the Colonel Toro disguise with the heading 'This is James Bond!!'
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Benny wrote: »
    ukqs85vygfy9.jpg
    Just translating the Italian subtitles here for anyone who was curious:

"I think it's a thematical aspect, a game between old and new, (...)"

It's only half a sentence of course, and the rest isn't shown, but I thought it was interesting given that is indeed what SF tries to achieve thematically.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    surdd3x6j5ka.jpg
    tppq1jb8sq5v.jpg
    z5pzc2ss8lxk.jpg
    77n2g8xx7iv1.jpg
    o3o7eidrkpnx.jpg
    sqnj88o6b87g.jpg
    kbu5uytvpfrk.jpg
    vwc69sgrezuw.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    z5pzc2ss8lxk.jpg
    Translation: "Don't stand because I need you looking firm and you're a fatty man."
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    QBranch wrote: »
    z5pzc2ss8lxk.jpg
    Translation: "Don't stand because I need you looking firm and you're a fatty man."

Haha :))

It actually says:

(...) even though they should all have been hand-made designer clothes (...)
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 646
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    z5pzc2ss8lxk.jpg

Haha :))

It actually says:

(...) even though they should all have been hand-made designer clothes (...)
    Actually what it really says is:

“If you flatulate they will come”.
    7j3qvcoqbi1p.jpg
    lho88a4ndjw5.jpg
    5eghej12ongh.jpg
    omnlp8hddoel.jpg
    249y03qqwomc.jpg
    ae1orhghoo2n.jpg
    qi8fh3u1lkju.jpg
    w7dm4y0xmbik.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    The green screen one of Craig at the back of the train is incorrect. They did the stunt.

5:30

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's weird isn't it. Why do people do that?
    I'm only going on the images that I find on the internet. It looked plausible and legit. So sorry for posting misrepresentation of the making of Skyfall.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 13,945
    31b808_9777f1dce9e648d3ae95e1430e363cbd~mv2.jpg

^Rachel on set, in Istanbul. Caption this image.

31b808_9d32050f24c3473687e8b84d6daa824c~mv2_d_1417_1417_s_2.jpg

^Naomie Harris looking sexy as hell.

31b808_6db412f6df3440cc9bea20d4b154e666~mv2.jpeg

^Hey, is that Fleming standing to the side in the hat?

31b808_d1e63e55e8434e1b91a8562a987ed38d~mv2.jpg

^The pic I suggested earlier. This whole Shanghai/Macau sequence was ace.

31b808_04ee8e1c65dc407e9b1bdc816e41489e~mv2.gif

^The CGI did look good here. 2012 standard. I do agree with others that the helicopters hovering over Silva's island looked a bit off - maybe the rendering was too soft?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    sf6-crop.jpg?ssl=1
    @QBranch The Shanghai/Macau scenes were brilliant
    fmdalmd3q15k.jpg
    kbgsd2okao12.jpg
    vaznhi1nfj5h.jpg
    4unhsz9u24uh.jpg
    z0mn3061ia2r.jpg
    193q48zw3rk4.jpg
    4semy4100wpg.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    mtm wrote: »

Photo clickbait. See it all the time on youtube video thumbnails.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2023 Posts: 14,983
    Here's one I think which is a first for the thread- a photo posted by the person who took it!

ME177ZVD_o.jpg

I have some fun pics I took of a hot air balloon rising over the Bond family chapel somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.
    Very cool @mtm
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    @QBranch The Shanghai/Macau scenes were brilliant
    Damn straight. As Bond would say: "Perfect". Hanging from that elevator with the ominous music :)>-

@mtm Cool pic. So they built two of these manors. One small scale model for the helicopter to plough through. Maybe half scale.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I remember finding the exit for the secret tunnel, which I guess was a bit of a spoiler at the time.
  • Mallory wrote: »

So you’re saying they actually filmed the scene of Craig jumping onto the back of the train carriage while the back of the carriage was being torn off? Somehow I doubt Craig would do something as dangerous as that. Maybe Tom Cruise would. But not Craig. I know it’s not Craig going down the arm of the excavator - way too dangerous. But also having the back of the carriage getting torn off with Craig standing there seems dangerous.
    Mallory wrote: »

So you’re saying they actually filmed the scene of Craig jumping onto the back of the train carriage while the back of the carriage was being torn off? Somehow I doubt Craig would do something as dangerous as that. Maybe Tom Cruise would. But not Craig. I know it’s not Craig going down the arm of the excavator - way too dangerous. But also having the back of the carriage getting torn off with Craig standing there seems dangerous.

They did it. Watch the behind the scenes videos. It wasn't dangerous. It was rehearsed dozens of times.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I can never watch it without thinking about all of these people sitting in there who seem surprised that the back of their train had been torn off, but up until that point were content to happily sit there whilst a man loudly fired a machine gun from on top of their carriage! :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For all the issues and complaints and lingering problems that SF has, that's another one that's never stood out to me. Time to toss it on the pile!
    I mean, before they're confronted directly with Bond etc., what exactly are they to do? They're on a moving train.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    LucknFate wrote: »
    I mean, before they're confronted directly with Bond etc., what exactly are they to do? They're on a moving train.

I mean, I wouldn't be sitting there quietly and comfortably in my seat if I heard someone firing a pistol on an automatic setting directly over my head.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I'm pretty sure I'd move to the next carriage! :)
    7606nwwwt428.jpg
    7vj4ik64i1fj.jpg
    oiw9vixh0s4z.jpg
    k3ezgyhhz4cn.jpg
    o6scq59swbq1.jpg
    5naium2mmm0u.jpg
    wnnx8qq7z4wx.jpg
    r76g2bassiur.jpg
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    These photos are definitely making me want to watch SF again this weekend.
    What's the story behind your photos, mtm? Great stuff, man.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2023 Posts: 14,983
    Venutius wrote: »
    What's the story behind your photos, mtm? Great stuff, man.

Well, I just decided to go there one weekend! They hadn't entirely finished building it, but I was surprised that once I arrived, you could just walk right up to the buildings. As I remember there were a few security guards there, but it's a public common and there were quite a few dog walkers there! My only regret (apart from not getting a selfie!) is that I saw the gateposts from a distance and didn't bother walking over as they were quite a long way away- if only I'd known the significance at the time!
    Needless to to say, the lake and mountains as seen in the film aren't actually there :)

The next weekend or so a mate of mine was riding his bike through the common and by that time they were shooting, so when he saw it the DB5 was actually parked outside. Imagine seeing James Bond's house with James Bond's car parked outside!

Anyway, here's some more snaps from my trip:

ME178799_o.jpg

ME17879A_o.jpg

As you can see, anyone could wander up! Also it wasn't all that big.

ME17879B_o.jpg

I found a spoiler

ME17879C_o.jpg

ME17879D_o.jpg

Here you can see the scale of the build, with the lodge on the left and the chapel to the right. Wot no lake!?

Funnily enough not the only bit of SF I went to see- I popped along when they were shooting the M & Tanner 'Think on you sins' scenes on the banks of the Thames too- for such an apparently small scene the scale of the thing was amazing. All of the cars on that road driving along were part of the production- as soon as the take finished all of the traffic stopped and then slowly reversed backwards. It's like something from Inception.

ME1787A0_o.jpg

ME1787A1_o.jpg

This is MGW. He'd popped into the Tate Britain which they were shooting outside :)
    ME1787A2_o.jpg
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited December 2023 Posts: 2,933
    Outstanding, mtm - seriously great. I remember EON posting the clapperboard shots of this part of the shoot, including the house being blown up, and I thought that was a pretty good glimpse of the production - but to have actually gone there and walked around the common while they were there must've given you a great insight into what they were doing. Brilliant, mate. And yes, from watching the film you'd never guess the scale of the crew needed to get the M/Tanner bridge scene. Fantastic stuff - thanks again for posting these, mtm.