The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It never has been very convincing, which is curious!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FAST CHARLIE Trailer (2023) Pierce Brosnan
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2023 Posts: 40,490
    Brosnan killing lots of bad guys and trying to rock a southern accent all in the same film? Yeah, I'm gonna love this movie.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Brosnan killing lots of bad guys and trying to rock a Texan accent all in the same film? Yeah, I'm gonna love this movie.

I certainly got some Bond vibes from the trailer, Brosnan on good form.
    Absolutely. This might be another new Brosnan favorite for me.
  • My attention has been grabbed! Looks pretty decent!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That looks like great fun. It's also a fine addition to the 'Strange Pierce Brosnan Accents' catalogue.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hype! Also noticed he used a P99 in on scene. ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2023 Posts: 14,981
    It doesn't look amazing, but it looks a lot more fun and watchable than most of the stuff he's squeezed out recently! :)
    I was initially very wary of the accent, but you know what, it's so bizarre as to be quite enjoyable! I'm going to imagine this is an ageing Taffin who moved to the deep south many years ago :D
    Murdock wrote: »

I snipped a few screen shots of PB from the trailer looking pretty cool in Bond mode.

I snipped a few screen shots of PB from the trailer looking pretty cool in Bond mode.

Feel free to post them here please. Pierce was looking ultra cool in just about every shot in there.

And I'm guessing that given we only get one shot from the back of James Caan in the trailer that he probably isn't in it for more than a couple of minutes, sadly but understandably enough.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Feel free to post them here please. Pierce was looking ultra cool in just about every shot in there.

And I'm guessing that given we only get one shot from the back of James Caan in the trailer that he probably isn't in it for more than a couple of minutes, sadly but understandably enough.

hsrPCwc.png
    I was going to play around with the image later, may need to redo this one as lighting not great.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 23,394
    6Gz0SDr.png

CAPaAMP.png

VHEBp6D.jpg
    Lightened this image slightly.
    MH3MF36.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is this a cinema release or a streamer?
    mtm wrote: »
    Is this a cinema release or a streamer?

There is one review on IMDb recommending to see it on the big screen...
    I haven't watched the trailer yet, but I like to go on hunches. If this one comes to the theaters, I'll catch it there. Who needs trailers? Those screenshots tell me enough!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    That looks like great fun. It's also a fine addition to the 'Strange Pierce Brosnan Accents' catalogue.

That's a whole category in the Pierce drinking game.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I hope the 'wipes his mouth with his fingertips to convey being in thought' is in there, that's one of my faves.
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 2,944
    Not gonna lie, Brozzer’s accent there reminds me of Benoit Blanc. Not the accent itself but the sort of over-exaggerated drawl quality to it… but I think that might just be Brosnan.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    007HallY wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, Brozzer’s accent there reminds me of Benoit Blanc. Not the accent itself but the sort of over-exaggerated drawl quality to it… but I think that might just be Brosnan.

My only fear is that Craig's accent is supposed to be outrageous because those are outrageous films.

This, by the looks of it, is a gnarly crime-thriller. Though the trailer did have a couple of nice editing touches that made me laugh, like the wrapped up body hitting the ground beside the car. So maybe this will have a lightness of touch to it, too.
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 2,079

I think it’s just me, but the accent reminds me of this fella.

175px-Foghorn_Leghorn_7214.png
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 2,944

My only fear is that Craig's accent is supposed to be outrageous because those are outrageous films.

This, by the looks of it, is a gnarly crime-thriller. Though the trailer did have a couple of nice editing touches that made me laugh, like the wrapped up body hitting the ground beside the car. So maybe this will have a lightness of touch to it, too.

Yeah, I must admit I don’t know what to make of this. I had the opposite problem with The Matador. It’s obviously a dark comedy, but I do remember the trailer from the time making it out to be much more comedic than it actually was. It was kinda strange watching the actual film. This one seems to lean closer to crime thriller, but there’s a fair bit of comedy. It seems to be an action/drama looking it up, but I get more a whiff of black comedy with the gags and Brosnan’s strange accent…

One never knows with Brosnan though. There are some clunky, ‘not quite right’ deliveries from him in that trailer as well so he may just be doing a dodgy accent. I do sometimes struggle with him as an actor.

I think it’s just me, but the accent reminds me of this fella.

175px-Foghorn_Leghorn_7214.png

Haha, yes, I definitely got that impression too!
    Born and raised in New Orleans, I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time on the gulf coast, including Biloxi, I have never heard anyone with that accent. Lol.

With that said I’m looking forward to this.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »
    Born and raised in New Orleans, I’ve spent a tremendous amount of time on the gulf coast, including Biloxi, I have never heard anyone with that accent. Lol.

Now you know how us English people felt about him playing James Bond! :D
    😂
  • Fast Charlie looks like the best film PB film since the Foreigner
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I totally missed this piece of Brosnews from a couple of weeks ago:

No Licence to 'Chill': Pierce Brosnan shoots down UK art gallery claim
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    mtm wrote: »
    I hope the 'wipes his mouth with his fingertips to convey being in thought' is in there, that's one of my faves.

Ooh, good one, I'll add it! He has so many little mannerisms - the one where he rubs his chest (the Moobraker) might be my fave.