Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited August 2023 Posts: 3,391
    mtm wrote: »
    @mtm Which movie are the pics on the left from in your comparison?
    They're all from Carry On Camping, which was shooting at Pinewood Studios in 1969...

It's one of the instances, where other films used some wardrobe from the Bond films because they happened to be in the same studio, although a bit different but still a same situation in Connery, both Woman of Straw and Goldfinger are both shooting at the Pinewood at the time, so some of Connery's wardrobes in the latter film, he also worn in the former film.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wasn’t it the baby sack that upset Morgan?

What doesn't upset him is the better question.

Yeah 😅, he seemed to bash all things, that man was full of negativity in his life.

Although, he praised Meghan Markle several times.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I have to say I like Craig's Skyfall haircut, it's no nonsense and fits the life of an agent living off the grid. I think it made him look tougher and made him more threatening.

I do wish he had it normal length for the PTS though, so it looked like he got the haircut while he was away from active service. I know a lot of the film was already filmed before they went to film in Istanbul admittedly
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    I think I'd take Craig's one there; I think he looked great.

As I recall, Brosnan turned up to one of the premieres (TWINE I think..?) in a weird cravat and morning suit affair, looked like he was going to a wedding/playing an Edwardian time traveller. Very odd.

Yes, here you go:

james-bond-actor-pierce-brosnan-and-his-partner-keely-shaye-smith-as-they-arrive-for-the.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=dvX1B2Q6Xnhw7_qkcvScXnzktQBYc9fJQ_sSt3y3ubo=

That's a dapper looking Doctor Who cosplay that Brozzer is wearing. Like a black(?)/blue variant of McGann's original costume.
  • slide_99slide_99 USA
    edited August 2023 Posts: 652
    slide_99 wrote: »
    It's a shame Craig fired Hemming after that.

She wasn’t fired. That’s not how it works. Crews are hired on a film by film basis. Eon had no obligation to hire her again.

That said, I think Tom Ford’s suits looked better for Craig’s Bond. I don’t think Brioni works for his iteration of the character. It’s way too posh for his version of Bond. At times Brosnan looked like an expensive lawyer or executive. There should be a modicum of modesty to Bond’s wardrobe, and that didn’t exist with Brosnan being dressed up like clothes horse.

Hemming heavily implied in her interview with The Bond Experience that she was basically forced out because Craig wanted a more modern wardrobe for his character.

Also, post-CR Craig was far more guilty of peacocking than Brosnan ever was. The peacoat-jumper-tie outfit in Skyfall was way too fussy for Bond. He looked like a walking advertisement.
    Skyfall-Jumper.jpg
  • mtm wrote: »
    I think I'd take Craig's one there; I think he looked great.

As I recall, Brosnan turned up to one of the premieres (TWINE I think..?) in a weird cravat and morning suit affair, looked like he was going to a wedding/playing an Edwardian time traveller. Very odd.

Yes, here you go:

james-bond-actor-pierce-brosnan-and-his-partner-keely-shaye-smith-as-they-arrive-for-the.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=dvX1B2Q6Xnhw7_qkcvScXnzktQBYc9fJQ_sSt3y3ubo=

That's a dapper looking Doctor Who cosplay that Brozzer is wearing. Like a black(?)/blue variant of McGann's original costume.

In the mid '90s Brosnan was reportedly in the frame to play the Doctor himself in Doctor Who: The Jewels of Time, to be directed by Leonard Nimoy. Perhaps this gives us an idea of how he might have looked in the role...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

She wasn’t fired. That’s not how it works. Crews are hired on a film by film basis. Eon had no obligation to hire her again.

That said, I think Tom Ford’s suits looked better for Craig’s Bond. I don’t think Brioni works for his iteration of the character. It’s way too posh for his version of Bond. At times Brosnan looked like an expensive lawyer or executive. There should be a modicum of modesty to Bond’s wardrobe, and that didn’t exist with Brosnan being dressed up like clothes horse.

Hemming heavily implied in her interview with The Bond Experience that she was basically forced out because Craig wanted a more modern wardrobe for his character.

That’s not how firing works. That would be like saying David Arnold was fired by Sam Mendes. She was never hired for QOS, which means she wasn’t fired. You can’t lose a job you never had in the first place.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I don't actually think that Dan suits a more formal, styled 'do - the spikier CR cut was never bettered, IMO.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Also, post-CR Craig was far more guilty of peacocking than Brosnan ever was. The peacoat-jumper-tie outfit in Skyfall was way too fussy for Bond. He looked like a walking advertisement.
    Skyfall-Jumper.jpg

Isn't he wearing that so he can pose as a chauffeur at the airport when Patrice arrives though?
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,931
    Well caught, Benny! Not sure how, but I don't think I'd actually figured that out, tbh.
    Agree with Jordo that it would've been a nice touch to have Bond with 'normal' hair in SF's PTS and for him to have returned to London with the closer crop. That's another thing that hadn't occurred to me before, but I really like that idea.
    I think of his SKYFALL haircut as the 2012 regulation length haircut for MI6 agents. Ronson pretty much had the same haircut.
    004 and Bond both sported the 1987 regulation length cut for THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS.
    Not sure why MI6 would require a regulation style haircut for its secret agents.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    Not sure why MI6 would require a regulation style haircut for its secret agents.

Indeed! Different, unusual looks (hairstyle) actually helps more when doing undercover or for the other people not to recognize them, I don't think it's that necessary (if we're talking a real life scenario), and if they're just an agents (not someone who's involved in Military).

But when they're also in Military (like Bond whose a Naval Commander), of course, regulation haircut is required.
    Haha! I just think it's hilarious that Bond and 004 have the same 1987 haircut in TLD, then Bond and Ronson have the 2012 model. :D
    I pulled the regulation theory out of the air just to be funny. :D
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    I'm pretty sure I read that the two other 00 agents in TLD were cast because they resembled Lazenby and Moore.
    I’ve read of that too. I dunno if that was legit or just one of those urban legends spread among fans like how you could supposedly see Ian Fleming in FRWL.
    I’ve read of that too. I dunno if that was legit or just one of those urban legends spread among fans like how you could supposedly see Ian Fleming in FRWL.

Or Maud Adams' cameo in A View To A Kill

Some people even said that Timothy Dalton made a cameo in Never Say Never Again .
    In the case of Maud Adams being an extra it is actually legit, as the DVD documentary confirms it with both her and John Glen talking about it. Trouble is that she did it on a whim, so nobody from the film can verify which footage she appears in. Even she doesn’t know where she is. She might as well be a very distant blurry image in the actual film.
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    Some people even said that Timothy Dalton made a cameo in Never Say Never Again .

I wonder what gave them that idea? ;)
    14fba-notdalton.jpg?w=400&zoom=2
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Venutius wrote: »

Looks more like Ted Bundy.
    The lady looks like the actress from Indiana Jones Temple of Doom a bit
    Looks more like Ted Bundy.
    :)) It really does! Illustrates the absurdity of these rumours, I guess. Although that very absurdity is amusing in itself sometimes - I'll never tire of the yarn about Bob Holness from Blockbusters (who'd voiced Bond in the 1950s radio adaptation of MR!) playing the sax on Baker Street...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think Stuart Maconie owned up to inventing that one.
    Jordo007 wrote: »

That's Kim Basinger 😊
    Jordo007 wrote: »

That's Kim Basinger 😊

Oh god yeah of course it is. Shows you how much I've seen Never Say Never Again
    Venutius wrote: »

Years ago I had a co worker who truly believed this was Dalton, and that Dalton was being groomed by McClory to later replace Roger Moore in TLD.
    He also believed the gunbarrel image was a camera lense aperature.
    I won't pull punches or sugar coat this: this man was a stupid idiot.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There was a fun one a couple years ago where someone thought Mick Jagger was in FYEO. On the Tofana balcony when Bond meets Luigi, a guy walks past who looks a bit like Jagger from the side, but to me it looked like a younger 1960s Jagger with baby face and full mop hair - not what he looked like in 1981:

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/53754/mick-jagger-in-for-your-eyes-only
    QBranch wrote: »
    There was a fun one a couple years ago where someone thought Mick Jagger was in FYEO. On the Tofana balcony when Bond meets Luigi, a guy walks past who looks a bit like Jagger from the side, but to me it looked like a younger 1960s Jagger with baby face and full mop hair - not what he looked like in 1981:

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/53754/mick-jagger-in-for-your-eyes-only

:D I remember that!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I always thought it looked more like Robin Askwith :)
    Is it me or Ferrara also looked a bit like Dalton? 😅 Tell me if I'm wrong.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, there's a bit of Dalton there in the mouth and chin.