Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Keep giving it bad reviews, critics, I don't give a damn. No one is going to prevent me from watching Death Wish 3!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Keep giving it bad reviews, critics, I don't give a damn. No one is going to prevent me from watching Death Wish 3!

Death Wish 3? Right on!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Wait... What is Death Wish 3? (Never mind, don't answer, please.)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited June 2023 Posts: 6,726
    Sorry, Jay Dubya, the cat's out of the bag!

MV5BYzYzM2RhZDktZmQ1Yi00YjdjLTk1OTMtZjI5ZGM1YTlmMDMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

(I just remembered Murdock's a fan of the film, that's all.)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Dead Wish 3 is the greatest amongst the great of trash z-films. Always love it, 😂!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2023 Posts: 13,894
    I legitimately love Death Wish 3. Bronson and his friend Wildey cleaning up the streets. Death Wish 3 and 4 are my favourites, followed by 1 and 2 then 5.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Partly filmed in London. As cheaper.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    He’s a grifter playing to an audience. Of course he’s gonna make a video like that.

He also said he’d never watch Star Trek Picard again and declared the franchise dead after enduring the horror of the first two seasons of that show.However,he was convinced to give Season 3 a go when he was advised by the likes of Rob Burnett ( who saw it months early ) that the final season was fantastic ( which it was ).

Drinker really liked it and so did i.

The difference here though is that the early word on Indy 5 is bad.Really bad.It is officially the lowest rated movie of the franchise on RT.

He’s still an alcoholic idiot, albeit one that hasn’t actually seen INDY 5.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I will remain a fan of the Drinker! Guess he's grifted me, but I like to say he's always entertaining and his thoughts on movies and series is refreshing. He isn't a cinema snob like some critics, he's down to earth and comes from a good place. Drinker also has an open mind and if a movie is good he will give it its due.

But alas to some he's an idiot! That's okay we all don't have to like the same people, movies or art. I wouldn't name call someone I didn't agree with but that's me! Some feel it's fine to insult and name call. Too bad as we fail to learn from each other when we engage in petty and small minded discussions about someone being an idiot, or a grifter or any of the other names that some have tossed around.

Bring on the DoD! Lets see my beloved Indy get the send off he deserves. I hope it's as good as the Last Crusade which I often watch as if it was the finale. Maybe DoD will become the new ending of the series for me.

Anyway, that's all I got for today...go away now!!!! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2023 Posts: 14,956
    Well in the video linked to above he tells an outright lie and just repeats a load of stuff that other bigoted people have said about the film, and then cherry-picks from only the poorer reviews, because he hasn't seen the film yet. I think someone who actually has an open mind would be watching a film first before pouring scorn on it, but that's me I guess.
    Considering his videos are full of bile, swearing and very mature fart noises, I suspect he'd be able to cope with being insulted.
    I mean, if you wanna watch an alcoholic rage about movies he hasn’t seen yet, sure? Have at it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Whenever I see any of his videos I have to set the playback speed to at least x1.25 to get rid of that stupid gimmick effect he's put on his voice.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I haven't watched any but points for disclosing he's drunk, that explains most behaviuor.

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I haven't watched any but points for disclosing he's drunk, that explains most behaviuor.

His acting drunk is just that. An act. Obviously that goes over some people's heads. He's an accomplished author in his own right and whatever you think of him, he does make some really good points in his video's and he does it with a sense of humour. His latest 'strong female characters' video makes some salient points regarding how female characters are written now as opposed to the past.

But then if you don't like it then don't watch it. I'm sure his 1.7 million subscribers aren't bothered...😉

Whoa, 1.7m subscribers?

giphy.gif

;)
    Whoa, 1.7m subscribers?

giphy.gif

;)

The drinker would appreciate that...😁
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

His latest 'strong female characters' video makes some salient points regarding how female characters are written now as opposed to the past.

He does seem rather obsessed with women being in films.
    And “wokeism”
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I like the Drinker ; he has a schtick but also has some interesting insight. As far as actually drinking, I think he shares a lot in common with Dean Martin.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I like the Drinker ; he has a schtick but also has some interesting insight. As far as actually drinking, I think he shares a lot in common with Dean Martin.

Ice tea in Jack Daniel’s bottles is the oldest rock show trick.

Exactly, it's just his persona. What i can't fathom out is why anyone would watch a Youtuber they don't like.... sadomasochism..?

Exactly, it's just his persona. What i can't fathom out is why anyone would watch a Youtuber they don't like.... sadomasochism..?

I don’t watch his stuff.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah it's easy to see something, work out the grift, and choose not to watch any more of it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Grift… Lol.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yep, anyone who goes on about 'woke' that much is usually just exploiting it for money. This guy is getting plenty of advertising coin by stoking this stuff up.

Anyway, the dial itself has gone on display in a Disney park I think, so lots of lovely close-ups about. I don't think they're spoilers, but I'll put it in tags regardless:
    IMG-4714.jpg
    Also surmising from a lot of others who actually did watch his stuff and saw how he went up his own ass at times to anticipate his audience. Like how he backtracked on PREY by changing his video titles after his viewers were like “what? This was actually good!”

just-one-of-many-flaws-with-critical-drinker-hell-denounce-v0-026nv6c92i4a1.jpg?auto=webp&s=d93ba17db80ebd01b8815be4d7fb1bdaabb30ac6

And what he changed it to:

main-qimg-f9f23597b20c734d053af9bc549b7160-pjlq
    The Drinker's a comedic reviewer. Lighten up 😄

What does that even mean?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah Prey was a bit of a notorious one for him: he leapt to his usual sexist response to the trailer (going on about it pushing 'the message') and leapt to a load of stupid conclusions (sound familiar?) and ended up having to swallow it back down. it wasn't a joke, let's not pretend it was.
    [What i can't fathom out is why anyone would watch a Youtuber they don't like.... sadomasochism..?

Perhaps the question you should be asking is why does he watch any of these films? He clearly hates them, and has made up his mind about them before they've even been released. So is he the sadomasochist? Can you fathom why he puts himself through it?
    JW's got the answer:

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

What does that even mean?

Probably that he's laughing all the way to the bank.