Which composer should score the soundtrack for BOND 26?

Comments

• timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama
    delfloria wrote: »
    Had I not read the article, I would have probably had the same reaction. Personally I'm not even sure how a William's score echoing Barry would even work, to tell you the truth.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Neither am I, to be honest. Williams and Barry have always come up with vastly different tunes. So a Williams Bond score... yeah, what might that even sound like? ;-) I'd love to hear one, that's for sure. Williams remains the greatest film composer of all time, IMO.

Probably something akin to his Indiana Jones scores, I'd imagine. Perhaps the more actiony cues from Minority Report and War of the Worlds might give us some idea of his action cues without the Bond theme. It would be something that would sound more Williams than Barry, of that I feel certain, with the Bond theme woven into things but perhaps sparingly so. Would Williams also collaborate on the title song?
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited January 2023 Posts: 3,390
    talos7 wrote: »

Let's see if he could do a Bond song, I mean yes, let's not waste the opportunity while he's still alive.
    Why not give him a try?
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2023 Posts: 1,368
    I think as good as John Williams is, Henry Mancini & Jerry Goldsmith were the American composers that would have done wonders with Bond music.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think as good as John Williams is, Henry Mancini & Jerry Goldsmith were the American composers that would have done wonders with Bond music.

Goldsmith might've aced it in the '60s Love his scores for the Derek Flint films!
    edited January 2023 Posts: 1,368

Goldsmith might've aced it in the '60s Love his scores for the Derek Flint films!

Exactly. Goldsmith was having fun with those scores. The track below is one of my favourites and could easily serve as an alternate Bond theme.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Dp4stMlnI0c

As well as all his work on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.", which included the main theme.
  • HeffosHeffos Florida USA
    Just finished watching the White Lotus. Cristobal Tapia de Veer's soundtrack sought of reminds me of Barry at certain points.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2023 Posts: 5,869
    Speaking of The Man From UNCLE, Daniel Pemberton is a very talented and creative composer.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1207404/
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I think that Mason Bates would be an out of the box choice. His symphonic work Mothership really reminds me of the 60s sound mixed with elements of new Bond scores. I also appreciate that his work can create visions and conjure up a mood without knowing the context. His work Anthology of Fantastic Zoology is also incredible but very different from Mothership.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 3,279
    Justin Hurwitz gets my approval now. I thought his First Man landing track that sounded very John Barry was maybe a fluky one off, but after seeing Babylon, I am now more convinced than ever.

He manages to produce a variety of very different sounds, but in Babylon he now evokes Ennio Morricone too -

Justin Hurwitz gets my approval now. I thought his First Man landing track that sounded very John Barry was maybe a fluky one off, but after seeing Babylon, I am now more convinced than ever.

He manages to produce a variety of very different sounds, but in Babylon he now evokes Ennio Morricone too -

I like Justin Hurwitz as well. I would be happy with either. I also would love to hear a John Williams Bond Score but sadly unless they have a script ready soon and send it to him to start feel this may not work out. I mentioned Bates as I think he is someone who deserves a shot and could do a great job and wouldn't be so focussed on making it fit with his "sound" something I think both Newman and Zimmer unfortunately brought to their scores.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,368
    I would like Zimmer to return. I think even with the limited time he had, he did fine. So I can't help, but wonder what him and Marr would do for Bond 26 with ample time.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Sounds like he would be up for it.

https://screenrant.com/babylon-composer-damien-chazelle-action-movie-next/
    talos7 wrote: »

Interesting that he comes from a jazz background, the same way John Barry did too.

I could not find the title song artist suggestion discussion so thought I would put it here. I know many are looking for a harder, rock based theme what about Sam Fender. Has a Springsteen sound and can incorperate a more fully produced song than many rock artists who stick to a more rough and ready song production style.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    John Powell could do a good job I think.

I watched Mr and Mrs Smith again the other night and I'd love a Bond score like that. It has pulsating rhythm but it shines in the quieter moments

Powell also scored all the Bourne films, we know EON have a habit of looking at the Bourne films for "inspiration"
    Stephen Barton look like good upcoming composer,
    lorne balfe + benjamim clementine (title song)
    Bear mcreary.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    The Super Mario Bros Movie soundtrack is getting quite a bit of listening time at the minute, I am a big fan of how Brian Tyler has integrated the existing Mario themes into the score, along with new themes, and still produces a very coherent, melodic and orchestral soundtrack.

So I wouldn't be adverse to him doing the soundtrack, and he has done many other big blockbuster scores, mainly the Fast & Furious soundtracks, some MCU films, Expendables etc.
    I think Benjamin Wallfisch would do wonders with the music of Bond.
  • Tyler Bates he made the John Wick soundtrack along with Deadpool 2, 300 and a lot more actin movies. He also used to make music with Marilyn Manson.
  • Informe_James_BondInforme_James_Bond Dominican Republic
    What do you think of Oscar winner, the swedish Ludwig Göransson??
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    What do you think of Oscar winner, the swedish Ludwig Göransson??

He would be fantastic
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes he's the one who springs to my mind, for his Creed scores more than anything.

Daniel Pemberton could be a good possibility too.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    No to Göransson. TENET was a noisy mess (but then the whole film was a mess), and his OPPENHEIMER score did not convince me.
    I think, I rread somewhere, that, while Boyle still was atttached to B25, Pemberton was rumoured to score the movie.
    I actually liked Zimmer's NTTD score, but David Arnold would be great (as long, as they don't used hois "the name's Bond"-version from CR, this has been massibvely overused ine the Craig era). As would be Michael Giacchino. And Newman... I liked some of his work for SF and SP, but why he did not want to incorporate the theme song in the movie unless he had to do it reluctantly, is strange. I know, after the Barry/a-ha trouble EON wanted to avoid those problems. Oh, and Craig Armsttrong would also be a good choice.
    I know, I know, same old opinion, but I’d be giddy if Arnold came back. I just miss his Bond sound so much!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 25 Posts: 23,544
    Univex wrote: »
    I know, I know, same old opinion, but I’d be giddy if Arnold came back. I just miss his Bond sound so much!

You and me both, @Univex. I cannot believe that he wouldn't have at least one or two great Bond scores in him still. He really was on fire in the days of CR and QOS. It's a shame they let Mendes bring in someone else. Arnold had done nothing to deserve that dismissal. The composer's chair is where you absolutely want to position a Bond fan, someone who feels when the time is right to let the Bond Theme out of its cage, someone who doesn't forget about John Barry, someone who respects the Bond tradition. I wasn't too happy with his experiments in electronics in '99 and '02, but Arnold's scores are nevertheless a whole lot of fun.
    Univex wrote: »

You and me both, @Univex. I cannot believe that he wouldn't have at least one or two great Bond scores in him still. He really was on fire in the days of CR and QOS. It's a shame they let Mendes bring in someone else. Arnold had done nothing to deserve that dismissal. The composer's chair is where you absolutely want to position a Bond fan, someone who feels when the time is right to let the Bond Theme out of its cage, someone who doesn't forget about John Barry, someone who respects the Bond tradition. I wasn't too happy with his experiments in electronics in '99 and '02, but Arnold's scores are nevertheless a whole lot of fun.

Once again we are of the same mind, my friend. I too wasn't happy with his experiments in electronics back in 99 and 02, but he still has it. Not having heard the N. Peal ad for a while, I can still immediately recall it. It's brilliant, and so Bondian. We need this sound back.