Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ATJ’s just been cast alongside Nicholas Hoult in Robert Eggers’ Nosferatu remake. Two possible Bond candidates together :)

It's already filming so it definitely wouldn't affect his filming.
    100%
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Hoult is on a Dracula roll.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2023 Posts: 5,834
    Also, for the Leo Suter fans, he apparently might be in the next season of House of the Dragon.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Also, for the Leo Suter fans, he apparently might be in the next season of House of the Dragon.

I reckon the chances are quite slim, as the rumour is based on a couple of likes on Instagram... Would be cool however.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    007HallY wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    There's no B26 Limited, there are no screentests, there's no casting announcement imminent.
    But but but there could be :)

Actually do they need to set up B26 limited in order to hire Nolan to write and direct bond 26?

I think so, at least in order to hypothetically pay Nolan/give him a contract.

Unless Eon‘s accountant logs on here and explains it all, it’s all speculation, but that’s the assumption yeah. And while they may get away with having a verbal agreement or a consulting contract directly with EON Ltd with a director - we do believe P&W are already in agreement to write at least a treatment so there’s something they can do - they won’t sign anything for the actual film. That includes soundstages and crew for screentests. The need the shell that MGM backs with money. It’s extremely unlikely, but if Amazon were to pull out of Bond films, they don’t want to be stuck with contracts and costs on Eon proper.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2023 Posts: 5,834

I reckon the chances are quite slim, as the rumour is based on a couple of likes on Instagram... Would be cool however.
    I think it’s more because two main cast members from the show started following him. Still could mean nothing but an interesting coincidence.
    007HallY wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    There's no B26 Limited, there are no screentests, there's no casting announcement imminent.
    But but but there could be :)

Actually do they need to set up B26 limited in order to hire Nolan to write and direct bond 26?

I think so, at least in order to hypothetically pay Nolan/give him a contract.

Unless Eon‘s accountant logs on here and explains it all, it’s all speculation, but that’s the assumption yeah. And while they may get away with having a verbal agreement or a consulting contract directly with EON Ltd with a director - we do believe P&W are already in agreement to write at least a treatment so there’s something they can do - they won’t sign anything for the actual film. That includes soundstages and crew for screentests. The need the shell that MGM backs with money. It’s extremely unlikely, but if Amazon were to pull out of Bond films, they don’t want to be stuck with contracts and costs on Eon proper.

I do there is a certain amount of misdirection and covert development going on. Barbara is very smart, and her choice of words in interviews is not off the cuff; she knows far more than she is letting on and chooses her words carefully. She says’ we don’t have a script’ that doesn’t mean they don’t have a story. When she says ‘ we haven’t begun casting’, that doesn’t mean that they aren’t deep into the evaluation process.

This is an interesting interview with the costume designer ; she makes it clear that her work began prior to having a script .

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    talos7 wrote: »
    I do there is a certain amount of misdirection and covert development going on.

True - ATJ could even be the beard to divert scrutiny!
    Venutius wrote: »

Hmmm… sly

Venutius wrote: »

Hmmm… sly

I like him, in many if not all his films, but, sorry, Stallone would not be right for this part...
    Chuckle…
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 784
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Posts like the one above, that have been edited to remove them are nothing more than spam.
    This is a common practice of yours @ByRoyalDecree please stop it.
  • Benny wrote: »

Posts like the one above, that have been edited to remove them are nothing more than spam.

There is no delete function.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,448
    Benny wrote: »

But there is an edit function. You can at least try to type something else instead, something worthy of a post, not spam. You are a grown up man, I'm sure you can manage. 😉
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 784
    Mod edit: childish comment removed.
    Short public announcement.

@ByRoyalDecree's antics had become very silly. Any attempt at a serious conversation was met with childishness and insult. Someone like that is not fit for a forum such as ours. We are happy to move on with you all, good friends, and without those whose annoying habits discourage veteran members to find their way back to the forum. We are positively done with spammers/trolls/troublemakers.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,318
    DarthDimi wrote: »

@ByRoyalDecree's antics had become very silly. Any attempt at a serious conversation was met with childishness and insult. Someone like that is not fit for a forum such as ours. We are happy to move on with you all, good friends, and without those whose annoying habits discourage veteran members to find their way back to the forum. We are positively done with spammers/trolls/troublemakers.

Let's get back on topic in that case :) Above and beyond. Thanks mods for your continuing effort to keep this place neat and tidy, to keep everyone in check, myself included.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I wonder how much people's top 3 favourite actors for Bond #7 has changed in the last few years

For instance, I wanted Aidan Turner for Bond, but I think Leo Suter has overtaken him for me now. Unlike most candidates I can picture them both as Bond
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I wonder how much people's top 3 favourite actors for Bond #7 has changed in the last few years

For instance, I wanted Aidan Turner for Bond, but I think Leo Suter has overtaken him for me now. Unlike most candidates I can picture them both as Bond

Problem is now I have no list of favourites, let alone one. Although that might not be a problem: I might be more open minded like that.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I’m in a similar place to Ludvico - there is no longer anyone in the correct age-range that I can say for sure I want to see as Bond.

Having said all that, here are the three actors I’d be curious to see the auditions of:
    Nicholas Hoult
    Sam Claflin
    Cosmo Jarvis

I’m assuming that we’re looking at actors in their thirties. At one stage I’d have loved to see Dan Stevens or Michael Fassbender in the role.

Well done. He was getting very annoying.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    I think it’s very unfair to ban ByRoyalDecree. His posts were no more annoying than anyone else’s. He was a regular contributor to this forum.

I don’t know what his last message was, but supposedly it was childish and insulting. @DarthDimi I would say that your comment to HIM was both childish and insulting. That was certainly how I felt when I first read it.

But there is an edit function. You can at least try to type something else instead, something worthy of a post, not spam. You are a grown up man, I'm sure you can manage. 😉

That was very patronising. Perhaps he didn’t have anything else he wanted to say instead? Perhaps he didn’t have the time? He just wanted to delete his message, and as he rightly pointed out- there is no delete function.

As for his ‘full stop’ messages being regarded as spam, yes, they may be somewhat annoying. But I wouldn’t say they were spam, anymore than plenty other posts on here. For example, members who keep posting certain actors for example, as if it were the first time they had been mentioned, along with numerous photos of them which have also been posted previously, numerous times. I would call THAT spam, if anything. You’re reading the post thinking “hang on, this was discussed weeks/months ago”, and it wastes everyone’s time.

Anyway, I just think it’s a shame to ban a member unnecessarily, to shun him from the community after he has contributed to this forum, alongside his fellow Bond fans. And rather than move on and say “yeh he was annoying” or not acknowledge the ban, I wanted to point out the above…

We're dropping like flies in here. Probably part of the plan.
    QsCat wrote: »
    I think it’s very unfair to ban ByRoyalDecree. His posts were no more annoying than anyone else’s. He was a regular contributor to this forum.

I don’t know what his last message was, but supposedly it was childish and insulting. @DarthDimi I would say that your comment to HIM was both childish and insulting. That was certainly how I felt when I first read it.

That was very patronising. Perhaps he didn’t have anything else he wanted to say instead? Perhaps he didn’t have the time? He just wanted to delete his message, and as he rightly pointed out- there is no delete function.

As for his ‘full stop’ messages being regarded as spam, yes, they may be somewhat annoying. But I wouldn’t say they were spam, anymore than plenty other posts on here. For example, members who keep posting certain actors for example, as if it were the first time they had been mentioned, along with numerous photos of them which have also been posted previously, numerous times. I would call THAT spam, if anything. You’re reading the post thinking “hang on, this was discussed weeks/months ago”, and it wastes everyone’s time.

Anyway, I just think it’s a shame to ban a member unnecessarily, to shun him from the community after he has contributed to this forum, alongside his fellow Bond fans. And rather than move on and say “yeh he was annoying” or not acknowledge the ban, I wanted to point out the above…

Not entirely unfair. But not everything was seen in public. I think we are very patient.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    Putting out false quotes under mods’ names was too far.

Madden certainly wouldn't be a bad choice.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Kojak007 wrote: »

Madden certainly wouldn't be a bad choice.

Espicially as it's distributed by Amazon too
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »

This, coupled with exaggerated actions that were kindly warned about several times prior. We give a lot of leniency with that sort of thing but falsely quoting moderators and editing comments like that? Not gonna happen.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »

This, coupled with exaggerated actions that were kindly warned about several times prior. We give a lot of leniency with that sort of thing but falsely quoting moderators and editing comments like that? Not gonna happen.

Quite devious and way over the line indeed. Let's move on.