James Bond Jeopardy! Open for Everyone!

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll bet it all:
    What is an ornithologist?

Yes, I've seen you send me a few PM's on this, but just because you send me a PM doesn't mean I'm ignoring the topic. I open this up almost any time I'm on the forums, but my girlfriend and I had a luncheon-and-movie date today, so I wasn't on. That's what makes the game unfair.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It just doesn't make any sense to tell us to bet after you have already asked us the question. So if it is easy, you can bet it all and win, but if you don't know it you can bet 0 and keep your total. The challenge, and how it is done on TV, is that you bet and then after everyone has bet, you ask the question. Any other way it is pointless.
    It just doesn't make any sense to tell us to bet after you have already asked us the question. So if it is easy, you can bet it all and win, but if you don't know it you can bet 0 and keep your total. The challenge, and how it is done on TV, is that you bet and then after everyone has bet, you ask the question. Any other way it is pointless.

My thoughts exactly. Oh well: it's easy to do well at the game when you're on 24/7, but don't make other plans, or you'll lose.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The challenge, and how it is done on TV, is that you bet and then after everyone has bet, you ask the question.

And this is how I'll do it next Final Jeopardy round. Understand, I haven't seen Jeopardy in years, and this was just all inspired by SNL Celebrity Jeopardy. Also, so as to completely erase any and all chances of someone cheating (note: not accusing anyone), all Final Jeopardy answers must be sent to me as PMs. Again, not accusing anyone.

Aw, well, everybody got it right, and you all doubled your points. SirHenry wins with 11100 points, 0Brady is in second with 10200, and Creasy is in third with 3200.

That's all for our first episode of James Bond Jeopardy, please come back in a few days when we'll start again with five new categories. From all of us to all of you, good night.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yes, I've seen you send me a few PM's on this, but just because you send me a PM doesn't mean I'm ignoring the topic. I open this up almost any time I'm on the forums, but my girlfriend and I had a luncheon-and-movie date today, so I wasn't on. That's what makes the game unfair.

I didn't think you were ignoring me. I'm sorry you feel this game to be unfair. It's very difficult getting a group of people together over different time zones, all of whom (presumably) have personal lives outside the forums. This is just as difficult for me as it is for you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

I didn't think you were ignoring me. I'm sorry you feel this game to be unfair. It's very difficult getting a group of people together over different time zones, all of whom (presumably) have personal lives outside the forums. This is just as difficult for me as it is for you.

Yes, that's why there's no point. It can't properly be done.
    It's the luck of timing, along with the right answers. You would pretty much have to pray that a hard answer came along (if you weren't on the site at the time) that you knew, and nobody else could figure out, even though we are allowed to look up answers.
    Well, I still think this was a bigger success than I thought it would be (I expected 2 people to play, and no more), so if you're all willing to go through it again, this'll continue in a couple of days.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    It's the luck of timing, along with the right answers. You would pretty much have to pray that a hard answer came along (if you weren't on the site at the time) that you knew, and nobody else could figure out, even though we are allowed to look up answers.

Honestly, on the TV show contestants aren't give internet access to look up answers. I didn't need to look up any answer, I only had to think hard about one and I had Teri Hatcher right although my answer came late.

For myself, I think it's logistically too difficult with folks here from all over the world. I won and remain undefeated in Bond trivia games. I'm satisfied and thankfully far from senile, so I'll move on and let someone else win next time ;)
    You are all aware that I only allow you to use the internet for the reasons of:

1) I can't stop you.
    2) I wouldn't know if you did, unless you copied and pasted word for word.
    3) Even if you copied and pasted, I have better things to do with my time running this game than to chase down copyright infringers.

Though continue on, this criticism will help future episodes of James Bond Jeopardy.
    It's just about the timing. I really couldn't care less about who won - it was all in good fun - but I was winning a majority of the time until my Internet went down for a full day, only for me to return to being at a thousand-plus point loss. Thus, I lose because I didn't spend 24/7 on here.
    James Bond Jeopardy! is being revised and updated. You will be notified of the changes in a few days.
    I appreciate the formality Alex! :D
    edited July 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Here are the changes set to take effect in the next round, sometime in the next week.

1) Playing times: I will set times up during which the game will be played. I will post appropriate time zones so that nobody's playing at 1:00 AM when we're all supposed to be playing at 5:00 PM.
    2) Categories: I'm still keeping the five category set up, but now there will be a sixth, joke category, taken from SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy. EDIT: This joke category will have only one subject (i.e., doesn't matter what score you pick, once it's answered, it's over).
    3) Scores: A fifth score will be set for the categories (increasing the first round scores to 500 and the Double Jeopardy scores to 1000).
    4) Final Jeopardy: I already mentioned this before, but all Final Jeopardy submissions must be turned in as PMs. Wagers can be posted here, but answers cannot be. I'm considering doing this with first round and Double Jeopardy answers as well, but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

There may be others, but I doubt that. These the ones that will absolutely stick, though.
    Sounds good. Do let us know when the new rules kick off and the game begins again.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Visit tomorrow:
    -US Eastern Standard Time 6:00 PM July 23
    -US Western Standard Time 3:00 PM July 23
    -UK London Time 10:00 PM July 24

Correct me if I've got anything wrong.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    Well, you'll have your chance.
    Okay, I'm a little early, but I've decided to get a head start on everyone before they come bursting in here asking me where the Jeopardy is.

(Putting on my false mustache and combing my hair)

Hello everyone, and welcome back to James Bond Jeopardy! Once again, the game is open to everyone and anyone. SirHenryLeeChaChing was our winner last time, and the game got very exciting.

Today's categories are:

Fill in the Blank
    Video Games Returning from last time
    Who Played Who
    Famous Quotes and Who Said Them
    Who's Plan Was This

And our Celebrity Jeopardy Joke Category:

Current Black Presidents

All categories are open, with full scores from 100-500. Again, I'll remind you, the Celebrity Jeopardy Joke Category has only one subject, and can be attained for any score (I'll suggest 500).

Answers can be submitted by way of PM, if you so choose (so that people can't cheat off of you), though all that is necessary is that they be submitted in the form of a question.
    Who's Plan Was This for 100:

This villain planned to use a group of women to as poison droppers by way of hypnosis.
    Movies. I didn't realize I'd have to state that... Oh, well.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 159
    Who is Blofeld from OHMSS

( If i'm not allowed to jump in with the answer then please disregard this :) )
    006, you are correct. And, anybody can jump in. Tomorrow at the same time frame

-US Eastern Standard Time 6:00 PM
    -US Western Standard Time 3:00 PM
    -UK London Time 10:00 PM

please return to select your category (4 hours is enough for one day...)
    Ok i'll take Fill in the blank for 400 please
    Fill in the Blank for 400:

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to ______" - Auric Goldfinger
    Die
    @thelivingroyale, yes, your answer is correct. Y'know, the Fill in the Blank category does not require the answer to be in the form of a question, but only the Fill in the Blank category.

And speaking of categories, what's the next one, thelivingroyale?
    Who's plan was this for 200