Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited February 2023 Posts: 76
    Prince Harry is available ?
    JB007LTK wrote: »
    Prince Harry is available ?

Yes, that would be awesome…

And think of the reaction of those who thought Craig’s hair was the wrong colour.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Benny wrote: »
    I’m sure EON will be the judge of that, in due course.
    One wonders what the full body shot will reveal height wise.
    If you’re taller than 5’10” you could be in.

We're in luck... 5'11.5/182cm. Hitting the goldenheight with footwear.

6'2" here with a deep voice. Tell me Barbara, will I get to be Bond nao?
  • 6'2" here with a deep voice. Tell me Barbara, will I get to be Bond nao?

No sorry, you don't have ninjistu skills.

6'2" here with a deep voice. Tell me Barbara, will I get to be Bond nao?

No sorry, you don't have ninjistu skills.

I walk like a panther though.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 784
    MOD EDIT: Inappropriate and has nothing to do with the thread.
    I want to make a joke saying Mod Edit sounds like a great choice…. But meh I don’t wanna get in trouble

I will say the more I see of him the more he screams like Babs’ type and I have heard he can make his voice lower and more confident (something I am personally working on not a joke just trying to be the best I can be)

I would put money on him I could be wrong but as I am riding in my wife’s car and we are heading to yet another dead tribute band ATJ in my mind is the next bond I know it you all know it babs can just announce it at this point….

I do fear if he is cast he will be more Brosnan then Dalton but I am hoping I am wrong as Babs loved Dalton and Craig was very similar
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,318
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2023 Posts: 8,113
    jesus...

It's been 3 years since Bond 25 wrapped and they still haven't gotten any further (:|
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 696
    Smoke and mirrors? Time to quantum jump.
    If there isn't a semblance of a script at this stage then we can officially rule out a 2024 release. There's no way they can possibly write the script, cast bond, shoot the entire film and go through post-production all in the next 20 months. I think oct/november 2025 is now the earliest we can expect Bond 26.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 2,954
    A four year wait for the next Bond era isn't bad I'd say if that's indeed the time frame we're looking at. Honestly, with the information (or lack thereof) that has come out I'd have been shocked if any sort of casting had actually begun. Same for if a script had been produced. As others have pointed out in the past there's been no registering of companies or any murmurs of studios being rented at Pinewood. Without that no official pre-production has begun.

That said I suspect they're doing stuff. It seems like a meeting with ATJ has taken place, and it's likely they're meeting other potential candidates to gauge interest. I suspect it'll be the same with directors and writers. These sorts of films are also expensive, require preparation and at this stage probably wouldn't benefit from a tight schedule. I also think people underestimate just how quickly this process can go if everything is in the right place. Just need to be patient. Not the end of the world.
    7 years after the NTTD wrap...

And?
    007HallY wrote: »

And?

Insane.
    007HallY wrote: »

And?

Insane.

Not really.

You can't begin on one of these Bond films until the last one has been promoted, made back all its earnings, and its reviews have come in. How else creatively (from a producer's perspective anyway) would you know where to go for the next one? That's already a good few years wiped out in your timeframe due to Covid. That's not to mention that the actual wrap date of NTTD is an arbitrary date anyway. There's still pick up shots and post production for that film to account for, so the film wasn't even fully completed in October 2019.

And like I said, these films are very large and very expensive. It requires a lot of pre-planning. It's the same with most big franchise films from Mission Impossible to Batman.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

God I hope Barbara is fibbing a bit here, to add to the surprise.

They should be further along by now surely? We can't be looking at another 6-7 year gap between films
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 2,954
    Who knows. Like I said I suspect it's a case where they're putting things in place for pre-production.

I mean, I get it, there are things which are annoying waiting for in life. A cure for cancer and a resolution of our current economic crisis are amongst those...

But personally, I can wait even 6 years for a new Bond film. I suspect most movie fans (at least outside of this fandom) can too.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Lol, if I was a mod on this thread I think I’d be stabbing myself in the eyes right about now,
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Lol, if I was a mod on this thread I think I’d be stabbing myself in the eyes right about now,

rlgwtil151js.gif
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 784
    How about we all chip in and create a spotlight account for casting agents.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I wonder if they're deliberately taking their time because the right man either isn't out there or isn't available?

I still can't believe they didn't seize that 18 month delay of NTTD, to at least begin thinking about Bond 26, espicially if Purvis and Wade come back. Feels like wasted time
    I'm not even remotely surprised development hasn't begun on B26.
    Personally, my hunch is NTTD will end up the only Bond movie released during the 2020s.
    Just a feeling.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,561
    I'm sorry, are we getting nervous over an article posted on the Internet? Haven't we learned anything from twenty years of clickbait? Can we be a little patient and wait for things to happen, since, well

a) there's nothing we can do to speed things us, so no point in getting worked up over anything;

b) we have over two dozen Bond films to enjoy -- not 6 like M:I, not 10 or so like F&F, not 9 like Star Wars, not a dozen or so like Batman -- but more than TWO dozen Bond films!

And rather than celebrate the gift of such a beautiful series, all the entitled fan wants is the next film, more product (more! more! more!), with anger and despair over an article that suggests, whether true or not, that casting for the 26th (!!) hasn't even begun. I'm glad fans of Avatar were never that obnoxiously impatient or ungrateful. Perhaps it's just me, but when I think 'Bond', I look at a wonderful collection of films, pick one, sit down, have fun; I don't lose my crap over the fact that the seat next to NTTD is still empty.

But I guess it's that time again. "Babs has to go!" "Let's send them a petition!" "MI6, can you get me in touch with EON? I have some ideas." Jup, ungrateful fans.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,318
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm sorry, are we getting nervous over an article posted on the Internet? Haven't we learned anything from twenty years of clickbait? Can we be a little patient and wait for things to happen, since, well

a) there's nothing we can do to speed things us, so no point in getting worked up over anything;

b) we have over two dozen Bond films to enjoy -- not 6 like M:I, not 10 or so like F&F, not 9 like Star Wars, not a dozen or so like Batman -- but more than TWO dozen Bond films!

And rather than celebrate the gift of such a beautiful series, all the entitled fan wants is the next film, more product (more! more! more!), with anger and despair over an article that suggests, whether true or not, that casting for the 26th (!!) hasn't even begun. I'm glad fans of Avatar were never that obnoxiously impatient or ungrateful. Perhaps it's just me, but when I think 'Bond', I look at a wonderful collection of films, pick one, sit down, have fun; I don't lose my crap over the fact the seat next to NTTD is still empty.

But I guess it's that time again. "Babs has to go!" "Let's send them a petition!" "MI6, can you get me in touch with EON? I have some ideas." Jup, ungrateful fans.

What's wrong with being critical about things that, imo, deserve to be critical about? You have your way of viewing things, fine, dandy. I will have mine. Has nothing to do with being ungrateful. To me it comes across as 'oh... Bond, yes let's be blasé about it, keep the fans waiting for years and years to come'. While Craig checked out ages ago. There never was a plan B when he told Barbara NTTD was really the last one. She was probably hoping he could be seduced for another one. Anyway, it is what it is, but I refuse to believe we should all sit down and shut up.
  • Maybe they can't be bothered making another when things are already overdone. The main actor thing must be stressful.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

And rather than celebrate the gift of such a beautiful series, all the entitled fan wants is the next film, more product (more! more! more!), with anger and despair over an article that suggests, whether true or not, that casting for the 26th (!!) hasn't even begun. I'm glad fans of Avatar were never that obnoxiously impatient or ungrateful. Perhaps it's just me, but when I think 'Bond', I look at a wonderful collection of films, pick one, sit down, have fun; I don't lose my crap over the fact the seat next to NTTD is still empty.

What's wrong with being critical about things that, imo, deserve to be critical about? You have your way of viewing things, fine, dandy. I will have mine. Has nothing to do with being ungrateful. To me it comes across as 'oh... Bond, yes let's be blasé about it, keep the fans waiting for years and years to come'. While Craig checked out ages ago. There never was a plan B when he told Barbara NTTD was really the last one. She was probably hoping he could be seduced for another one. Anyway, it is what it is, but I refuse to believe we should all sit down and shut up.

And yet, what will you do? What if they never made another one at all? You can shout all you want all over the Internet, and then what? Look, I'm hoping to see another Bond film some day, just as much as you do. But it's 100% happening (or not) without me or you having anything to say about it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2023 Posts: 5,869
    I mean we know they met with Aaron so they're obviously doing something. It's just still very early days as we already gathered when we were talking about that meeting. I wouldn't start going Chicken Little just yet, and also she's not gonna start listing directors and writers they may have met with so its probably easier to just say they haven't started.
    It does make you wonder what EON have been up to for the past 18 months, right?

even if we are to assume they were busy right up until the release of Bond 25, that's still basically a year and half they've been sat on their hands for now. Even during the dreaded 89 - 95 era they still had scripts being written for dalton that were later scrapped once he left, but today they haven't even started the process in motion? assuming they took a year off for a break they'll probably bring in a writer/director in 2023, script finished/bond cast in 2024, film released late 2025 (if we're lucky).

I'll never get over the fact we've only had 3 entries since 2010.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    They might not be as far along as we would like , but I strongly feeling that they are much farther along than is being let on.