The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

Thanks for the tag @QBranch. don't think I've visited this thread before! That lamp and image is certainly a difficult conundrum. First, I'm having a hard time identifying the lamp; I've seen it before, but I just can't remember where, or what it might be called. My initial thought on the set was Brosnan era, but am I right it might be Craig era instead, @mtm?

The floor lamp in Dr. Alvarez is indeed the Flos Arco lamp @j_w_pepper, as we've seen before in DAD.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The floor lamp in Dr. Alvarez is indeed the Flos Arco lamp @j_w_pepper, as we've seen before in DAD.
    Thanks for the input, but you mean "DAF", not DAD.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Thanks for the input, but you mean "DAF", not DAD.

Yes, indeed, DAD! ;)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OK, I'll accept that smiley.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I keep coming back to DAD. It feels like that film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's not from DAD.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

I keep coming back to TWINE. It feels like that film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2023 Posts: 14,920
    Well I guess we're ticking them off, but it's not TWINE either. We'll probably need to go for scene guesses though!
    I'm just kidding mate, I wouldn't make you tick em off.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    The colour palette is saying Quantum to me but I can't think of any scene that looks like that. Then again with Quantum it could've been shown for a single frame and you'd never know.
    Then again with Quantum it could've been shown for a single frame and you'd never know.
    :-)

Browsed through TLD today. Didn't find it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's not TLD, no. You have mentioned the correct film previously though.
    mtm wrote: »
    It's not TLD, no. You have mentioned the correct film previously though.

I DID? Then I'll have to check again...thinking I'd been through that.

edited February 2023 Posts: 8,672
    This is really one of my loose ends on this board. I browsed through CR again today but didn't find the frame. So if I really mentioned the correct film before, I guess it must be TND. But nevertheless I did not discover the scene there, either. And it bugs me, quite frankly.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well it is in an office, and it's not somewhere we spend a lot of time in.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think I've got it! It's Herr Mendel's office in CR, when Bond calls about the funds during the finale.
    Well, I trust you're right, and it's about time... Congratulations!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I think I've got it! It's Herr Mendel's office in CR, when Bond calls about the funds during the finale.

Lovely stuff, chocolates from Switzerland for you!

ME15ZQYH_o.jpg
    Anybody want some chocolates?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @Creasy47 you bloody legend. This one has been bugging me for days.
    Great frame @mtm . Clearly this one really stumped us.
    Great round.
    I love chocolates!

Thanks, gents. I had a feeling it was from CR and I was convinced it was an M scene. I eventually got it narrowed down to being either from the small bit at Mendel's or the banker chap who speaks with Le Chiffre on the phone. That was a great choice there, @mtm, threw me off.

I'll try to have a new one up by the morning.
    Thought it might be Villiers' office, but never bothered to check.
    Here's one for you night owls and folks across the pond. I'll respond in the morning if there are any guesses by then.

gqsd52m99qq2.jpeg
    First thought was JB coffin from TB.
    It's not that.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Behind the receptionist in TLD?
    You've got it, @goldenswissroyale! Great catch. I was hoping it'd last longer than that. Over to you.

kdlgg8m3eg8c.jpeg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh wow, that's a great one- I'd have never got that.