The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Well, that does save a lot of trouble...
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Bond's home in LALD?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's not the one, but to keep it moving forward even further, it is from the Moore era.
  • Is it the hotel room where Bond meets Bibi Dahl in FYEO?
    I'm afraid not. It's not in a hotel room.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I still don't have any idea, but I want to keep this on page one.
    Another hint: it's from the back half of Moore's era (FYEO, OP, or AVTAK).
    Zorin's office?
    I'll try to keep it going by saying it's not from AVTAK at all.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Maybe Columbo's office on the boat when he has Bond as a guest.
    It's not from any scene on a boat.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe the British Ambassdor's digs from when 009 gets the knife?
    That's the one I was looking for.

b0yujf2ts7sl.jpg

Over to you.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Lovely! Okay here's a new one:

framegame-Q.jpg
    This should ring a bell...only it doesn't so far.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,929
    This one's proving to be elusive! It's Dr. Alvarez' lamp yet not his office!
    I fully agree, @QBranch - but I haven't found any other office or living room with those light fixtures either.
    Hello people -

this is not "my game", and I don't have the solution, but I do want to keep it alive. So get crackin'!
    This one's really bugging me. M's office when Bond visits her and Sir Robert King in TWINE?
    I've been checking more movies for this. Not just screencap collections, but actual Blu-rays, though going through them at a rapid pace and not watching the entire movies for this purpose. I still haven't found the frame or anything that might be in the vicinity.

Just saying, to keep this thread active.
    QOS? Foreign Secretary's office?
    Perhaps @mtm could give some sort of a hint, to keep this moving?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,951
    Sorry, I'd actually forgotten about this! I'll say that everyone's guessing in about the right period of films. And good spot on the lamp, QBranch- I'd have never known that: it probably is the very same one!
    I still don't know. It seems (from other threads) that EoN has been using its props repeatedly, so it would make sense that those lamps from the Cuban doctor's practice would have been in TWINE or at worst TND before, or in CR afterwards. Still, in spite of browsing through those movies, I didn't find them.
    In the meantime, I've been looking for lamps in James Bond movies. I found (https://jamesbondlifestyle.com/tags/lamp) that the floor-base lamps in Dr. Alvarez' office were the same that Blofeld had in DAF somewhere (didn't care to look), but the one on the desk (which is what we are searching for) wasn't mentioned at all. Still it opens the possibility that we may have to go all the way back to at least 1970 to find the scene in question.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    No; as I say you're all guessing in around the right period; it's not that old.
    Just ask Torg, he'll know.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Just ask Torg, he'll know.
    I'm afraid I don't get that remark. Please elaborate.
    @Torgeirtrap, the Bond furniture expert here.
    QBranch wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap, the Bond furniture expert here.
    Ah, okay, thanks.