007 references in popular culture

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    One of the opening scenes of Armageddon Time (2:50 mark)

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 12,914
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I'm just back from a long weekend in Berlin. Spotted this on my last day :)

Fmr4Cv2XEAIvJzd.jpg

Okay impressed as always @Agent_99. My regret visiting Berlin was noticing the Bud Spencer Museum early on, but not making time to visit. I did see the German Spy Museum there.

Back to your local haunts, did you ever make it to Lock & Co. Hatters and take a good look around.

My photos from July last year.

99612c801bc82ca4712e55a45131760ab4fb3981.pnj
    690d7723fc0b8cfc6ae7abe7a33d597c91412cc7.pnj
    27230e698f8b3694f2250af16f0fee6f4f769d2e.pnj

Lock_Co._logo_warrants_410x.jpg?v=1673013782
    https://www.lockhatters.com/pages/007

The Sixty
    lighter

The James
    lighter

The Stoke
    lighter

The Andrea
    lighter

The Auric
    lighter

The Oddjob
    lighter

The Vicenzo
    lighter
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I still haven't visited the hatters, @RichardTheBruce - one day I shall march boldly in and demand to try on the Tracy fedora!

The Quiller Memorandum is a spy film with loads of beautiful Berlin locations. It's worth watching and then visiting a few!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I still haven't visited the hatters, @RichardTheBruce - one day I shall march boldly in and demand to try on the Tracy fedora!

The Quiller Memorandum is a spy film with loads of beautiful Berlin locations. It's worth watching and then visiting a few!

I love The Quiller Memorandum. Definitely one of my favourite non-Bond spy films along with the Harry Palmer 1960s trilogy of films.
    How To Draw James Bond, James Bond 007, Coloring Page, Trace Drawing
    https://coloringhome.com/coloring-page/1982004
    dcra5Kodi.gif
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Who is the guy at the bottom? I can dig the other two, but...
    The most dangerous Bond. Ever.

His bad side is a dangerous place to be.

james-bond-timothy-dalton-1538409.jpg?r=1639924383270
    DaringGlassCob-max-1mb.gif

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2023 Posts: 17,727
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Who is the guy at the bottom? I can dig the other two, but...

Apart from Connery, they don't quite get the eyes right. I know that's rich coming from me. Have you ever seen my avatar?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    james_bond_el_agente_007_476557969.jpg

DaltonBond will teach you to draw like him. "Speak Lark."

The EON poster and merch department could take a lesson in drawing. Back to the illustrated artwork of yesteryear thanks.
    Somebody sent me a link to this 'adult colouring book' recently. I'm too scared to order it. (Can't argue with 'Legendary James Bond and Award Winning Actor, Sex Symbol and Hot Gentleman', though.)

https://www.takealot.com/timothy-dalton-adult-coloring-book-legendary-james-bond-and-awar/PLID53235883

9781731276070-pdpxl.jpg
    Elon Musk in 2019 says the Tesla Cybertruck is inspired in part by the Lotus Esprit in TSWLM. And recently reports it as waterproof.

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/musk-confirms-a-new-cybertruck-feature-that-will-delight-tesla-fans
    Cybertruck-4-e1612178090276.png?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&fit=crop&h=800&ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=60&w=1600

https://electrek.co/2019/11/21/elon-musk-says-tesla-cybertruck-inspired-by-this-lotus/
    Lotus-cybertruck-tesla.jpg?w=1500&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1

5dd7cb20fd9db2598f5b7273?width=1136&format=jpeg
    cybertruck-design-influenced-by-this-james-bond-lotus-submarine.jpg
    2ae7bf2c-e244-49e5-8750-8e405bed21ff.jpeg
    elon-musks-cybertruck-and-the-s1-lotus-esprit-991x561-mobile-1.jpg
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I hate that thing. It's a joke.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not a fan of the look. At least it would be quick to 3D-model.
    In Season 2, Episode 2 of Endeavour (Nocturne), Morse and Thursday visit the college of arms for background on a case. They are greeted by Cendree Wyvern who apologizes for Sir Hillary who's away on holiday.
    season-2
    Nikita, Season 2, Episode 7 - Clawback.
    Nikita: You ever heard of a company called...

Michael: Transworld Constorium? No. Who are they?
    Arriving at location.
    Nikita: This is Transworld Consortium?

Michael: It's the right address.

Nikita: Evil corporations aren't what they used to be.

https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Transworld_Consortium

https://www.facebook.com/TransworldConsortiumLLC/

300400818_578759967283078_3041818132876919552_n.png?stp=dst-png_p600x600&_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=aySnYClnnHgAX-aIbJp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfAYRcOmCz6_UfRrfWd7BgJHXkT2o4mtPuEKiLVtqdoStw&oe=63F58FEC
    Elastic Precision Model PPK Rubber Band Gun (0:30)

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    My daughter's soccer (er, football) club has an annual charity ball. This year. the theme is...

Screen_Shot_2023-02-07_at_11.59.23_PM_large.png
    dracula-banner.jpg?resize=321%2C284
    borg-logo-sharp-v.jpg?w=95&ssl=1
    British spy Bond seduces
    readers as a vampire in Kim
    Newman Dracula novel
    November 12, 2012 borgeditor
    Review by C.J. Bunce
    https://borg.com/2012/11/12/british-spy-bond-seduces-readers-as-a-vampire-in-kim-newman-dracula-novel/
    Re-released in book stores last month was Kim Newman’s alternate history/fantasy/steampunk-esque novel Dracula Cha Cha Cha (formerly published as Judgment of Tears), book three of the Anno Dracula series originally released in 1998. You need not read books one and two of the series to be able to fully dive into this incredible and bizarre parallel history story. With vampire books taking up an entire wall at Barnes & Noble, it’s probably a good time for this dense and satisfying novel to be available again. But what makes this even more relevant this year is that it is also an alternate history James Bond novel. That’s right, James, here goes by the Scottish name for James, Hamish, as in Hamish Bond. And Bond is still a spy, but he’s also a vampire, investigating Count Dracula in Rome in 1959.
    MORE
    Hot on the trail of a Russian spy with teeth like Jaws, a sharp-brimmed hat like Oddjob, and a white cat-like Blofeld from the movie You Only Live Twice, our spy Bond becomes intertwined in the two murder plots as he pays a visit to Beauregard, the elder and notable former spymaster from the Diogenes Club, the organization keeping an eye on Count Dracula’s actions. Bond still drives an Aston Martin, and drinks a “shaken, not stirred” blood martini. His lines are straight from the real-world Bond novels and even chapter headings are novel titles or plays on titles, such as From Moldavia with Love and Live and Let Die. Like an Ian Fleming novel, we get Bond engaged with a double-crossing Bond girl, some hand to hand fight scenes, including one where Geneviève must rescue Bond, and a great life and death car chase. Just as the new movie poster book cover evokes, Dracula Cha Cha Cha could make a great film.
    MORE
    book-prakash-books-9780857680853-39483756282051_360x.jpg?v=1661434481
    75dbcb736675a96a6f4a35b9eab98eba824651c2.pnj
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    James Bond is name checked in the new Scream movie.
    They are talking about how legacy characters die in order for the franchise to live on.
    Offensive and funny. Can't all be the drinking in either case.

James Bond Films Reviewed By FX's Archer | Entertainment Weekly (5:05)
    mct_logo_banner_200x.png?v=1613634125
    BE@RBRICK 007 "YOU ONLY LIVE
    TWICE"
    100% & 400%《Planned to be
    shipped in late October 2023 / Order
    period is until April 10》

Regular price $116.00
    Delivery charges calculated at the time of purchase.
    https://mct.tokyo/en/products/4530956610610

Limited time only! Ends 4/10/2023 23:59:59 JST

● Height: approximately 70mm/280mm
    ● Weight:1200g
    ● 007's "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE" will appear on BE@RBRICK at 100% & 400%!!

※ Some specifications may be changed in the actual product.

007 and related James Bond
    Trademarks, TM Danjaq.
    BE@RBRICK TM & (C) 2001-2023
    MEDICOM TOY CORPORATION. All rights reserved.

This product is planned to be shipped in late October 2023
    Please note that you cannot point at a delivery date and time.

※This product is a pre-order product sold to those who place an order
    during the limited period.

0039_230324_8xi6oa_y_2048x2048.jpg?v=1678259575
    0040_230324_8xi6oa_y_2048x2048.jpg?v=1678259575
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,032
    Ted Lasso (Season 3, Episode 6)
    Whilst in Amsterdam, Jamie and Roy run over the skinny bridge, with Jamie telling Roy it was featured in Diamonds Are Forever. Roy is unimpressed.
    Surprise in the latest episode of Death in Paradise : the two uniformed police officer of Saint Marie listen to some calypso, and among the songs, they find a version (by one of the suspects) of "Underneath the Mango Tree". No mention is made of James Bond, or DN, but the song is there, so it should count, right ? Scene here :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f4zd69
    Auric Goldfinger featured in the Odd One Out round of this evening’s Have I Got News For You (it was about travelling by private jet).

Alexander Armstrong, in the chair: “In the original novel, [Pussy Galore] was a lesbian trapeze artist…well, really she swung both ways.”
    One thought I had for quite some time : Don't you think the music used by the channel Sky News looks a lot like the theme for OHMSS ?
    What You've Given (Official Video) - Ben Sharkey (4:17)
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    On CSi Miami 07x10 (i believe), there's a subtle nod to the Gunbarrel sequence.
    109_76638.jpg
    logo-live.png
    https://www.faberge.com/james-bond

Fabergé x 007

Two of the world’s most revered cultural icons, Fabergé and James Bond, unite in a year where they both celebrate milestone anniversaries. Fabergé, the world’s most iconic artist jeweller, is delighted to announce that it will create a unique and captivating Fabergé x 007 Egg Objet, commemorating Fabergé's 180th anniversary and the 60th anniversary of the first James Bond film, Dr. No, which was released on 5th October 1962.

The Fabergé x 007 Egg Objet will encapsulate the iconic stories woven into the histories of both Fabergé and James Bond. Designed by Fabergé’s Head of Design, Liisa Tallgren, and overseen by its Creative Director, Josina von dem Bussche-Kessell, the design of the egg will be a symphony of past, present and future, with nods to Bond’s legendary gadgets subtly integrated into the creation.

In true Fabergé spirit, a series of surprises and mysterious elements will be hidden within, all set to be revealed in 2023 – a year marking 40 years since the release of Octopussy (1983), the film which featured a plot line centred around a Fabergé egg heist.

The creation of the Fabergé x 007 Egg Objet is underway, with Fabergé’s team working closely with a dedicated Workmaster, based in England, who will be overseeing the construction of this masterpiece. The egg objet will take many months of development and craft, as it is set to feature the most technically advanced opening mechanism that Fabergé has ever produced, pushing the boundaries of innovation and craftsmanship to new realms, and will feature the rarest of gemstones, epitomising the creativity for which Fabergé is renowned. This unique work of art will interest collectors and aficionados the world over and presents an incredibly rare investment opportunity to own a piece inspired by cinematic history.

Newly appointed Fabergé Creative Director Josina von dem Bussche-Kessell says: “The partnership with EON Productions and the James Bond film franchise represents our latest creative endeavour through which we are looking to set a new standard in modern-day objet d’arts, in a way that only Fabergé can. This is a thrilling opportunity for us to fuse the legendary on-screen storytelling of the world’s most famous secret agent with Fabergé’s globally celebrated artistry. With this unique and ground-breaking piece, these two icons will intersect where suspense entertainment meets engineering mastery in precious materials. At Fabergé, we have license to creatively push boundaries and we’re intending to make use of it like never before.”

To apply for more information about the Fabergé x 007 Egg Objet, please contact [email protected] or sign up to our newsletter below.

Roger-Moore-as-James-Bond-in-Octopussy.jpg

Live and Let Die and the
    behind-the-scenes book that
    would never be published
    today

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/live-and-let-die-behind-the-scenes-book-roger-moore-075022188.html