Bond 26 Title

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2023 Posts: 17,727
    Since62 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Spy-Fi

Bond goes into space, again.

Apparently it nearly happened under Danny Boyle...

Oh, good grief...

That's according to new information that has leaked out recently. I love Moonraker but once was enough for that sort of thing. Bond in space is much more suited to the Moore era than to the Craig era.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    @Dragonpol Don't you think Bond in space could still work? I think it depends on how it's written or directed though.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @Dragonpol Don't you think Bond in space could still work? I think it depends on how it's written or directed though.

Yeah I entirely agree with that; I'd need to see what was actually planned before saying it's a bad idea.
    mtm wrote: »

Yeah I entirely agree with that; I'd need to see what was actually planned before saying it's a bad idea.

Exactly.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 17,727

Well, maybe I was a bit harsh in dismissing the idea of Bond in space again out of hand. I just felt it didn't sound like something that would quite work for the Craig era. However, I suppose it would all come down to the writing, casting, direction and execution. I like that Moonraker is set apart from the other Bond films by being "the one where Bond goes into space" and maybe that uniqueness would be lost if it was repeated. No doubt that is a slightly silly opinion to have though in the context of Bond films where themes and locations are repeated frequently, for example the links between YOLT, TSWLM and MR or the overuse of Italy as a location in the Craig Bond films.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    A fun Bond-esque title I hadn't come across before (on tonight on Talking Pictures)

Have A Nice Death.

This was a Tales of the Unexpected episode title from Season 7 (1984). It has a nice Fleming/Gardner ring to it, doing that thing of taking an existing phrase and adapting it slightly to make it more sinister. It's of course a play on the banal "Have a nice day" beloved of American shop assistants.
    A fun Bond-esque title I hadn't come across before (on tonight on Talking Pictures)

I absolutely love the title. I've always thought Christopher Plummer was always Bond material.
    Have A Nice Death.

This was a Tales of the Unexpected episode title from Season 7 (1984). It has a nice Fleming/Gardner ring to it, doing that thing of taking an existing phrase and adapting it slightly to make it more sinister. It's of course a play on the banal "Have a nice day" beloved of American shop assistants.

Nice twist of a title.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Or 'Have A Nice Die' (better for Australians) :D
  • Spy Me To The Moon 😄
    To Walk on Shattered Glass

• Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    For Your Spy Only

MI6 battles with Massive Counterintelligence and Longterm Operations Round Yearlong (M.C.L.O.R.Y), who want Bond to join them.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    To Walk on Shattered Glass

Or should that be:
    To Walk on Glass Tossed by Shatterhand
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    'Like Love, Like Poker'
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Poker? I just met her!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2023 Posts: 4,416
    Another subtitle use with Operation Ruthless after Operation Ruthless: Save Our Souls (aka Operation Ruthless: S.O.S):

Operation Ruthless: Distant From Home

Operation-Ruthless-Distant-From-Home.jpg
    Time Well Spent.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Day Wasted. (And the villain's name is Day.)

It could work.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    'Blood Train'
    Seven friendly Sins

It could work.

Day of the Dragonpol.

Never Send Flowers has some elements in common with Frederick Forsyth's The Day of the Jackal (Princess Diana and President Charles de Gaulle are similar high-profile assassination targets for one example).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,861
    It's what Man With The Golden Gun film should have been really. It's kind of mad that it wasn't about an assassination.

It could work.

Day of the Dragonpol.

Never Send Flowers has some elements in common with Frederick Forsyth's The Day of the Jackal (Princess Diana and President Charles de Gaulle are similar high-profile assassination targets for one example).

That's a good one.
    It's what Man With The Golden Gun film should have been really. It's kind of mad that it wasn't about an assassination.

True.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2023 Posts: 7,518
    Forever Hold Your Peace

The plot would involve a wedding somehow.

EDIT: Don't anybody suggest "Forever Hold Your Piece"
  • Forever Hold Your Peace

They could just continue outdoing the previous Bond film's running length and call it Forever Hold Your Pee.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Forever Hold Your Peace

They could just continue outdoing the previous Bond film's running length and call it Forever Hold Your Pee.

Forever Hold Your Pees

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Forever Hold Your Peace

I do really like that one, but the MWTGG line does undermine it quite a lot! :D