Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Incidentally, you might not know this, but Barbara dated Steven Seagal. Don't ask me why.
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    Incidentally, you might not know this, but Barbara dated Steven Seagal. Don't ask me why.

Is this true?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 13,894
    Murdock wrote: »
    I spent way too much time on this. :))
    Ggy3dhD.jpg

Full link here.
    https://i.imgur.com/Ggy3dhD.jpg

I'm not into fighting games, but I love that. =))

I suppose Brosnan and Dalton are only unlocked once you win 5 fights with each of the other fighters. Brosnan's special move obliterates your stamina (so you can't resist his cheeky smile and magnificent hair), while Dalton's death stare move does 10 points of damage to your health, every second, for 10 seconds.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Wish I knew how to make video games, so I could make this a reality. :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Murdock Bonus points for using the Serpentine font which I'm sure will return for B26 along with some gratuitous video game violence.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thanks @QBranch, I also used Steadfast for the 1p and 2p as well. :D
    mattjoes wrote: »

Is this true?

No, it's just me bringing Seagal back into the conversation for no logical reason. A filthy habit, I know.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    seagal-steven-seagal.gif
    Murdock wrote: »
    Thanks @QBranch, I also used Steadfast for the 1p and 2p as well. :D
    Oh cool I see what you did there.

stevenseagal-5.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,547
    Seagal would play Bond, Leiter, M, Q and Tanner as one character. He would take Moneypenny on his mission with him, and she'd be 21, lonely and desperate. The bad guy would be played by the guy you call when Cole Hauser is busy and when Cole Hauser's cousin is busy too. The film would be called 'On Death's Dangerous Ground Below'. Also, Seagal's Bond wouldn't be called James. He'd be a Nick, or a Travis, or a Casey, or a Jake, or a Nico, or a Forrest. And he wouldn't be called Bond either.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Seagal would play Bond, Leiter, M, Q and Tanner as one character. He would take Moneypenny on his mission with him, and she'd be 21, lonely and desperate. The bad guy would be played by the guy you call when Cole Hauser is busy and when Cole Hauser's cousin is busy too. The film would be called 'On Death's Dangerous Ground Below'. Also, Seagal's Bond wouldn't be called James. He'd be a Nick, or a Travis, or a Casey, or a Jake, or a Nico, or a Forrest. And he wouldn't be called Bond either.

:))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Sounds accurate but Moneypenny being 21? That's impossible, simply way too elderly for Seagal's tastes.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Sounds accurate but Moneypenny being 21? That's impossible, simply way too elderly for Seagal's tastes.

3niuwg.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    LucknFate wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Sounds like @LucknFate gets his Cavill info from Grace Randolph.

Get plucked mate.

😂😂 and you have the audacity to call others childish? Looks like your dummy needs replacing with a muzzle, "mate".
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I think we've all moved on, and Cavill will never be Bond.

Is this true?

No, it's just me bringing Seagal back into the conversation for no logical reason. A filthy habit, I know.

Too late, already told everyone I know.

Commander Bond and Miss Moneypenny.

MV5BMTI1ZmJmYTktNTg4Zi00OTc5LTk4MDctYjFjYTkyNDJiMjNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDEwMjgxNg@@._V1_.jpg

Is this true?

Too late, already told everyone I know.

tnd.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @mattjoes, thanks for the hearty laugh. Cameras better start rolling ASAP or there'll be hell to pay when she ages another year.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 6,677
    Jesus, Daniel Craig beware! Actually, Henry Cavill beware, and that's saying a lot. To think we all thought Pierce got bulked up for TND :))

aaron-taylor-johnson-shirtless-on-set-the-fall-guy-004.jpg
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited December 2022 Posts: 2,513
    I do think the next Bond will have to bulk up and get down the gym. That'll be one of the things that Daniel has changed about Bond going forwards, the characters physique
    Univex wrote: »
    Jesus, Daniel Craig beware! Actually, Henry Cavill beware, and that's saying a lot. To think we all thought Pierce got bulked up for TND :))

I'm gonna say it's in the can.
    :(
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

I stand corrected. Let me try again:

Moneypenny would be a 15-year old intern, lonely and desperate.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »

So EON can I play a Bond girl?
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,900
    I do wonder how much the next actor will lean into that sense physicality, or even if they’ll prepare in quite the same way Craig did. I mean, a part of the publicity for Craig’s early films was the fact that he got bulked up and had a handful of scenes where his body - the result of this preparation - was overtly on display. It’s not dissimilar to the type of publicity when actors lose large amounts of weight in order to drum up Oscar hype for certain types of movies in a sense.

Not saying the next actor won’t have to get into shape (they’ll need to be lean and fit looking) and certainly they’ll have to do a lot of their own stunt work. But is there any reason why Bond has to have that overtly muscular physique and have it on show in quite the same way as Craig’s Bond? If anything the more interesting aspects of a Bond actor’s physicality is the smaller things like their walk, how they stand, their general body language etc.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 9,770
    Again with most actors I can see what former bond they would most be like

Fassbender would be like Dalton
    Hardy like Connery
    Turner like Adrian Paul ;)

But while Cavill screams Brosnan and Hoult I feel has a roger Moore vibe…

I can’t place where Johnson will be as 007….

Don’t get me wrong I am not saying I will love or hate him (and yes my gut is saying he is Bond number 7 and while I might be wrong there is something different about these rumors and he seems Bab’s type) I just wish someone anyone who likes this potential choice tell me which bond actor he would most be like (lol and don’t just say Dalton because he is my favorite unless you truely believe he will be Dalton)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2022 Posts: 5,869
    @007HallY I think if an actor has a muscular physique then cool but I don't think it's something they specifically look for in an actor or ever will. It'll be more about the acting including the smaller things you mentioned.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited December 2022 Posts: 2,928
    As others have said, for general audiences, the physique aspect of it might depend on the extent to which, after 15 years of Craig, this is seen as a key part of what Bond is now. The other side to that is the extent to which EON want to subvert expectations and get away from CraigBond. They've said explicitly that they're 'reinventing who he is', after all.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Again with most actors I can see what former bond they would most be like

Fassbender would be like Dalton
    Hardy like Connery
    Turner like Adrian Paul ;)

But while Cavill screams Brosnan and Hoult I feel has a roger Moore vibe…

I can’t place where Johnson will be as 007….

Don’t get me wrong I am not saying I will love or hate him (and yes my gut is saying he is Bond number 7 and while I might be wrong there is something different about these rumors and he seems Bab’s type) I just wish someone anyone who likes this potential choice tell me which bond actor he would most be like (lol and don’t just say Dalton because he is my favorite unless you truely believe he will be Dalton)

For me it's Benedict Cumberbatch who has a strong Moore vibe.

We're not sure about Johnson yet, true.