How do you listen to music?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    How much did you end up paying for new ear pads @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

£14.99 they arrived today and were better than the original HyperX earpads, better quality foam etc.

That's more or less the same price I paid for my Sennheiser replacement ear pads. It's a small price to pay for keeping good, functioning headsets for many more years!

Agreed, I got to the point I was looking for replacement headphones begrudgingly as the wireless ones I have are still in great condition despite extremely worn earpads. so in a way saved myself money. Putting the earpads on was a bit of a chore lol

Tell me about it! I probably used half an hour to get mine mounted correctly. Every time I had a part of the ear pad mounted, it popped out again once I had another part in place. :))

I had to resort to watching a YouTube video which ended up being bad advice :)) think it took me about half an hour also to figure it out on the HyperX. The Bluedio was much easier as a bracket thing detaches that clamps onto the head set.

A bracket solution sounds much more user friendly! My headphone ear pads were mounted with a rubber band of sorts, fastened around the edge. Unnecessarily complicated, but it seems to work.

The Sennheiser's I bought recently don't have detachable earpads I only realized after the purchase, though they are excellent quality material it makes me mindful to take extra care with them.

£14.99 they arrived today and were better than the original HyperX earpads, better quality foam etc.

That's more or less the same price I paid for my Sennheiser replacement ear pads. It's a small price to pay for keeping good, functioning headsets for many more years!

Agreed, I got to the point I was looking for replacement headphones begrudgingly as the wireless ones I have are still in great condition despite extremely worn earpads. so in a way saved myself money. Putting the earpads on was a bit of a chore lol

Tell me about it! I probably used half an hour to get mine mounted correctly. Every time I had a part of the ear pad mounted, it popped out again once I had another part in place. :))

I had to resort to watching a YouTube video which ended up being bad advice :)) think it took me about half an hour also to figure it out on the HyperX. The Bluedio was much easier as a bracket thing detaches that clamps onto the head set.

A bracket solution sounds much more user friendly! My headphone ear pads were mounted with a rubber band of sorts, fastened around the edge. Unnecessarily complicated, but it seems to work.

The Sennheiser's I bought recently don't have detachable earpads I only realized after the purchase, though they are excellent quality material it makes me mindful to take extra care with them.

Given how long I had my pair of Sennheisers before I had to replace the ear pads, and the fact that I had them with me everywhere without damage, I expect your pair will last a long time!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2022 Posts: 23,102

Given how long I had my pair of Sennheisers before I had to replace the ear pads, and the fact that I had them with me everywhere without damage, I expect your pair will last a long time!

Thats encouraging this is my first pair of Sennheisers, if they were fake leather Earpads I would have been more concerned.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

Earpads almost like a velvet.

Thats encouraging this is my first pair of Sennheisers, if they were fake leather Earpads I would have been more concerned.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

Those look great! They're built quite differently to mine, which are more retro looking. Expect this design to be more sturdy.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

Those look great! They're built quite differently to mine, which are more retro looking. Expect this design to be more sturdy.

After a lot of use they are extremely comfortable they have adjusted to the shape of my skull, I hardly notice when wearing them. I have browsed a lot of Sennheiser headphones in recent weeks i will definitely buy another pair oat some point, great aethestically.
    Panasonic-HTB01-Gaming-Soundbar.jpg

2021_01_13_panasonic_sound_slayer.jpg

I have just treated myself to an upgrade on my Creative PC speakers, I just ordered the Panasonic SC-HTB01 SoundSlayer Gaming Speaker with Built-in Subwoofer (Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, Bluetooth, High-Resolution Audio, HDMI) from Amazon they are currently having one of there Prime Day sales, 25% of the usual price.

What's great about this speaker is how compact it is, its approx 43cm width and 13cm depth, so fits right under my monitors.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Did someone in hear say they had the Spotify Car Thing? Apparently it's found new life with people as an awesome music controller for the desk setup, rather than in the car.
    Did someone in hear say they had the Spotify Car Thing? Apparently it's found new life with people as an awesome music controller for the desk setup, rather than in the car.

I think it was @Torgeirtrap who mentioned that device, I am intrigued by how it can be repurposed with a PC, I like gadgets I will have to look into it.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,102

I wonder if there are any similar gadgets which will allow me to do the same thing with Amazon Music. I like what they have done with the speakers, I need to get myself some clamps for my monitor stand to attach other items/shelves etc.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

After a lot of use they are extremely comfortable they have adjusted to the shape of my skull, I hardly notice when wearing them. I have browsed a lot of Sennheiser headphones in recent weeks i will definitely buy another pair oat some point, great aethestically.

That's what you want from headphones!

I have just treated myself to an upgrade on my Creative PC speakers, I just ordered the Panasonic SC-HTB01 SoundSlayer Gaming Speaker with Built-in Subwoofer (Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, Bluetooth, High-Resolution Audio, HDMI) from Amazon they are currently having one of there Prime Day sales, 25% of the usual price.

What's great about this speaker is how compact it is, its approx 43cm width and 13cm depth, so fits right under my monitors.

Cool! This is what's been putting me off getting a pair of dedicated desk/laptop speakers; they often take up too much space. Could be tempted by a pair of these.

Ikea Symfonisk bookshelf speakers is also an option, as they can double as a nightstand.

I think it was @Torgeirtrap who mentioned that device, I am intrigued by how it can be repurposed with a PC, I like gadgets I will have to look into it.

Yes! I've been using the Car Thing for a while now in my 2010 Honda. It's a a nice little gadget, although as described in the video @Fire_and_Ice_Returns posted above, it has a very specific function. When I have my living room audio setup in place, I will likely try to incorporate the Car Thing somehow – maybe placed on top of a nice tablet/phone stand.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

Cool! This is what's been putting me off getting a pair of dedicated desk/laptop speakers; they often take up too much space. Could be tempted by a pair of these.

Ikea Symfonisk bookshelf speakers is also an option, as they can double as a nightstand.

Yes! I've been using the Car Thing for a while now in my 2010 Honda. It's a a nice little gadget, although as described in the video @Fire_and_Ice_Returns posted above, it has a very specific function. When I have my living room audio setup in place, I will likely try to incorporate the Car Thing somehow – maybe placed on top of a nice tablet/phone stand.

The car thing will look pretty cool aesthetically linked to a computer, just been looking on Amazon for an alternative, though to be honest I don't need one with all the gadgets I already have to control music lol.

I ended up using the Sound Slayer with my TV and Xbox, its fantastic much better than my Bose solo 5 soundbar.You really do notice the difference when playing games that have Dolby Atmos, you are like wow at the sound.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 17,241

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

The car thing will look pretty cool aesthetically linked to a computer, just been looking on Amazon for an alternative, though to be honest I don't need one with all the gadgets I already have to control music lol.

I ended up using the Sound Slayer with my TV and Xbox, its fantastic much better than my Bose solo 5 soundbar.You really do notice the difference when playing games that have Dolby Atmos, you are like wow at the sound.

I didn't really need the Car Thing either, but the size and because I could justify getting one partly because of work related reasons, I decided to get one, haha! I can easily sell it if I don't need it anymore though.

Interesting! How is the size of the Bose Solo 5 compared to the SoundSlayer?

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

I didn't really need the Car Thing either, but the size and because I could justify getting one partly because of work related reasons, I decided to get one, haha! I can easily sell it if I don't need it anymore though.

The car thing is a cool gadget.

The Sound Slayer is 2/3 size of the Bose Solo 5 in length though the tech in it is far superior. its amazing that for something as compact can house so many speakers and power. I tried it with DTS.X setting also which is similar to Dolby Atmos equally as good though my set up is more suitable to Dolby Atmos.

The Sound Slayer is not in the same league as my Echo Studios though the Echo Studios are as a pair ring fenced to Amazon products.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

The Sound Slayer is 2/3 size of the Bose Solo 5 in length though the tech in it is far superior. its amazing that for something as compact can house so many speakers and power. I tried it with DTS.X setting also which is similar to Dolby Atmos equally as good though my set up is more suitable to Dolby Atmos.

The Sound Slayer is not in the same league as my Echo Studios though the Echo Studios are as a pair ring fenced to Amazon products.

Yes, I quite like it – for size and design most of all. I don't think it will end up collecting dust anytime soon!

It's incredible what compact speakers can do these days. Sound bars can be a bit tricky due to their size (depending on how your TV setup looks like), but it seems like the SoundSlayer can be a great option for many. I don't have much space for external speakers for my TV, so the SoundSlayer can become an option should I want to upgrade my TV sound.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

Yes, I quite like it – for size and design most of all. I don't think it will end up collecting dust anytime soon!

It's incredible what compact speakers can do these days. Sound bars can be a bit tricky due to their size (depending on how your TV setup looks like), but it seems like the SoundSlayer can be a great option for many. I don't have much space for external speakers for my TV, so the SoundSlayer can become an option should I want to upgrade my TV sound.

The Doldy atmos fires sound allover the place the the size of the sound bar almost becomes irrelevant, the benefit's of modern tech. I need to find a use for my Bose Solo 5 as it is pristine and now just collecting dust lol Just counted I currently have 16 speakers and a few of the speakers have several speakers within them :))
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 17,241

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

The Doldy atmos fires sound allover the place the the size of the sound bar almost becomes irrelevant, the benefit's of modern tech. I need to find a use for my Bose Solo 5 as it is pristine and now just collecting dust lol Just counted I currently have 16 speakers and a few of the speakers have several speakers within them :))

There's surely a market for used speakers? It could be a great way to finance future purchases. I'm currently looking to sell an electrical guitar of mine online. The current bid is more than what I put it out for.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

There's surely a market for used speakers? It could be a great way to finance future purchases. I'm currently looking to sell an electrical guitar of mine online. The current bid is more than what I put it out for.

I should sell a few speakers, I never did have that clear out I planned I have so much stuff I really need to get rid off.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

I should sell a few speakers, I never did have that clear out I planned I have so much stuff I really need to get rid off.

I'm having another clear out right now. I've already got rid of some stuff, but there's a lot to go still. Some will go to charity, and some I'll try to sell. I've had a few added expenses the last few months, but if I manage to collect a nice sum for the stuff I have and plan to have up for sale, I'll be alright. I think my place will look much better after the clear out too.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

I'm having another clear out right now. I've already got rid of some stuff, but there's a lot to go still. Some will go to charity, and some I'll try to sell. I've had a few added expenses the last few months, but if I manage to collect a nice sum for the stuff I have and plan to have up for sale, I'll be alright. I think my place will look much better after the clear out too.

I have a bad habit of holding on to old tech and I have more cables than Amazon, I fall into the 'I may need that someday' trap.

zoom.jpg?c=1601413652

I have a bad habit of holding on to old tech and I have more cables than Amazon, I fall into the 'I may need that someday' trap.

Very relatable! Old cables is among the things I've made an effort to get rid of, as it's also very easy and cheap to buy, should the need for new cables ever be there.

Treated myself to a new Mic for Christmas.

This one looks cool, almost like a light fixture! What's your primary use for it, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,102

This one looks cool, almost like a light fixture! What's your primary use for it, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

It looks great on my desk, I have 7 lit up or RGB devices now around my PC it adds to the aesthetic

I did not have a mic for my new PC other than headphone mic so needed one. Been playing around with the settings on OBS Studio and Audacity, It really does sound good.

Main use was for productivity using voice commands and also conference calls etc. I have thought about starting a YouTube channel though i am missing the Video Tech. i could try my hand at podcasts?

Also Window's 11 has a cool voice typing app, so I may finally type up several books I wrote.

It looks great on my desk, I have 7 lit up or RGB devices now around my PC it adds to the aesthetic

I did not have a mic for my new PC other than headphone mic so needed one. Been playing around with the settings on OBS Studio and Audacity, It really does sound good.

Main use was for productivity using voice commands and also conference calls etc. I have thought about starting a YouTube channel though i am missing the Video Tech. i could try my hand at podcasts?

Ah, I have no doubt this will be great for conference calls. Whenever I've been on video calls through work, sound has usually been very poor.

I guess you'll find plenty of options for what gear is a must (or just handy) to have if starting your own channel. A bit easier with podcasts obviously, where you're probably good to go!
    Also Window's 11 has a cool voice typing app, so I may finally type up several books I wrote.

You write books, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,655
    Excuse my intrusion, but how do I listen to music? Either via my HT computer hooked uip to an ancient Denon (2003) receiver sending its signals in FLAC format to my still great-sounding 1988 loudspeakers. Including some online jazz stations, by the way. Or maybe in my car, with about 6,000 of my favourites (which I have on CD) making my driving more enjoyable in their Windows Media Lossless version. (My car won't accept FLAC, for whatever it's worth.)

Ah, I have no doubt this will be great for conference calls. Whenever I've been on video calls through work, sound has usually been very poor.

I guess you'll find plenty of options for what gear is a must (or just handy) to have if starting your own channel. A bit easier with podcasts obviously, where you're probably good to go!

You write books, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

I have used my headphone mic when attending online meetings, at least with the new mic I can wander around and make a coffee. 😂

I wrote yeara ago mainly poems and songs, I have been meaning for years to type the books up just never hot round to it.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Excuse my intrusion, but how do I listen to music? Either via my HT computer hooked uip to an ancient Denon (2003) receiver sending its signals in FLAC format to my still great-sounding 1988 loudspeakers. Including some online jazz stations, by the way. Or maybe in my car, with about 6,000 of my favourites (which I have on CD) making my driving more enjoyable in their Windows Media Lossless version. (My car won't accept FLAC, for whatever it's worth.)

Sounds good I mostly listen to digital though I have recently seen some older music systems in charity shops which I have been tempted to buy. I do regret getting rid of older players and for the most part listening to digital only.

My UFO Bludio Wireless Headphones I have had a few years now so decided to treat myself to another wireless set...

Sony WH-XB910N EXTRA BASS™ Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
    71L8q7OI81L._AC_SY450_.jpg

The reviews were good and I like the customisation via the Sony app. Plus they were on sale, been keeping an eye on this set since release the price has dropped quiet a bit.

I am starting to build quite a collection of headphones.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,879
    Have you got Q's Pioneer headphones from NTTD? One of the most expensive Bond items I ever bought. My wallet was screaming so loud I had to switch to earmuffs.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Have you got Q's Pioneer headphones from NTTD? One of the most expensive Bond items I ever bought. My wallet was screaming so loud I had to switch to earmuffs.

I won't ask you how much they cost, were they bought as a prop or do use them?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Bought as a prop, but I suppose if I wanted to watch a movie late at night, they're there. Also have young Madeleine's CD Walkman headphones which had the orange foam earpads. A bit of retro fun there.