Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,525
    I am still glad i didnt for my own sake. I eat lime every day instead.
    In other news my 26 year old niece who has always been healthy and the sporting type, has had fainting spells since she got her jabs last year. It cost her her job and her drivers licence. Now she is hospitalised with a deteriorating jawbone, something that prevents her from getting nutrition the natural way. No doctor has said there is a connection yet, but that s not strange. Those bastards just do as they re told by the so called authorities.

Mod edit: offensive picture removed to keep the integrity of the forum safe.

Wow, you are seriously hanging around in the worst echo chambers on the Internet, friend. 😆Pretty much everyone in my family went through COVID, all of us with mild symptoms, all of us with three, now four jabs in our system, all of us healthy again. It's a statistical thing and you know it. But never mind, the worst is probably behind us, anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2022 Posts: 45,489
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    In other news my 26 year old niece who has always been healthy and the sporting type, has had fainting spells since she got her jabs last year. It cost her her job and her drivers licence. Now she is hospitalised with a deteriorating jawbone, something that prevents her from getting nutrition the natural way. No doctor has said there is a connection yet, but that s not strange. Those bastards just do as they re told by the so called authorities.

Wow, you are seriously hanging around in the worst echo chambers on the Internet, friend. 😆

If you are talking about this place, I may agree.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,525
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Wow, you are seriously hanging around in the worst echo chambers on the Internet, friend. 😆

If you are talking about this place, I may agree.

Well, we do all seem to like this bloke James Bond, so I guess the echo is loud and effective.

But since I don't need a picture of a noose to make a point, I'm sure this forum will have little difficulty finding the right position to side with. Incidentally, such symbols of violence, threat, and intimidation are typical QAnon-like material. We're not that forum, Thunderfinger. Please refrain from stooping to their level while you're here.
    I don t remember you or any other mods interfering when people advocated the murder of Putin.
    Double standards-twice as good.
    I don t remember you or any other mods interfering when people advocated the murder of Putin.
    Double standards-twice as good.

- Putin: invades other country, orders people slaughtered (preferably the innocent), threatens with nuclear war, ...

- Doctors & developers of vaccines: try to save people's lives.

People who are upset with Putin don't need made-up news, oblique statistics and online misinformation to see him as an evil that must be stopped. People who call for the assassination of doctors, virologists, vaccine developers, Bill Gates... need lies and fabricated truths to be dragged down this rabbit hole. So yes, a double standard, indeed, because both are very different.

We both have sons. We should be happy that child mortality is at an all-time low. The primary reason is that many threats to children have been eliminated in the past century thanks to vaccines, the work of paediatricians and those who have developed medicines that can cure diseases of all kinds. I'm confused why you, an intelligent man, seem to hate these people so much, why you seem to think there's a conspiracy going on to poison our offspring when child mortality numbers demonstrate the very opposite.

But, I'm breaking my own rule never to waste time trying to convince someone who has satisfied himself that people are conspiring against us, left and right, all the time, out to enslave us, to poison us, or some such thing. So while it's been entertaining as usual, Thunderfinger, my man, I'm going to turn my back on this discussion and once again whish your son a quick recovery.
    Thanks again, I do appreciate the friendliness.
    And if you are confused by my views so called clashing with my intelligence as you say, well maybe the confusion isnt due to anything on my side.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I can only imagine something must have happened in his life early on to cause a complete and absolute distrust of authority figures, probably in his childhood/youth. I think he'd respond and call it an "education", but I wonder what really causes this sort of distrust...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Thanks again, I do appreciate the friendliness.
    And if you are confused by my views so called clashing with my intelligence as you say, well maybe the confusion isnt due to anything on my side.
    Or maybe it is. The thing is, people like you claim to know the truth and think everybody else is mislead. But you NEVER ask yourself why it would be all the others vering mislead instead of yourself. Hence you end up being hypocritical. I.e. trump is supposed to be 'anti-elitist', he was going to 'drain the swamp' and, moreover, he was showing how Biden was ' corrupt' through his son's behaviour. Now let's see how these accusations would work bering mirrored: trump's father was a multi-millionaire, Donald went to the poshest schools and he maintained his position with the help of his high-'class' friends. He hardly fired anyone, wasn't interested in anti-corruption unless it was anti-democrats and placed both his daughter and son-in-law on positions they had no prior experience for. So he did everything he said he was against.
    Now I fully understand the resentment against the way the vaccines were forced upon people and there's plenty wrong with the pharmaceutical industry, but that doesn't make these jabs part of a worldwide plan. The interesting part of Bond is that he's fighting megalomaniacal villains. The reason why it's fantasy is because no human has been capable of devising such plans and bring them to fruition. Humans aren't that smart, especially not in government. Actually the one who's attempting such a thing is Vladimir Putin, who's daily killing hundreds of people so he can pretend to be Czar Peter 2. He said so himself three days ago. And whilst you worry about your niece bering a victim of some sort of conspiracy, I worry about my father-in-law and the rockets that land around him. But hey, it's unfair for me to wish the culprit of that situation dead of course....
    edited December 2022 Posts: 7,526
    I don't even think it's that humans aren't that smart, it's simply that they're not that organized. The sheer amount of people that would have to be "in on it" with regards to any of these conspiracy theories, it would just never be possible. Similarly with people who think the Earth is flat, or that the moon landing was faked. There is no conspiracy theory that is any more "reasonable" or "logical" than any other.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 12,256
    This made me really sad to see.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    FoxRox wrote: »

Sorry, what did?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Sorry, what did?

Just all this above. Thunderfinger was one of the nicest and most supportive members to me on our site.

Sorry, what did?

Just all this above. Thunderfinger was one of the nicest and most supportive members to me on our site.

Yes, I was friendly with him here too pretty much since he joined. I'm sure he'll be back with us again though like a phoenix arising out of the ashes. Thunderfinger is forever.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    I have always had a good relationship with @Thunderfinger myself. Believe me guys, I had many conversations with him behind the scenes, asking him to curtail some of his more outrageous and inflammatory urges (ie, Hitler as an avatar and other such imagery, beyond any political views he may hold). We're not that type of a forum. Though he would invariably agree with me and seem to acquiesce, it was always only a short period of time before his intentionally provocative side would again emerge. I supported and support the decision to temporarily take down his account. This was hardly out of the blue.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited December 2022 Posts: 2,921
    I don't even think it's that humans aren't that smart, it's simply that they're not that organized. The sheer amount of people that would have to be "in on it" with regards to any of these conspiracy theories, it would just never be possible. Similarly with people who think the Earth is flat, or that the moon landing was faked. There is no conspiracy theory that is any more "reasonable" or "logical" than any other.
    Yeh, I suspect so. The amount of people that would have to be involved + the inability of humans to keep their mouths shut = somewhere along the line, someone would spill it at some point. The idea that numerous people can all keep the same secret for years on end just doesn't seem at all likely. In fact, it seems less likely than some of the actual conspiracy theories themselves, tbh...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,676
    ...And whilst you worry about your niece bering a victim of some sort of conspiracy, I worry about my father-in-law and the rockets that land around him. But hey, it's unfair for me to wish the culprit of that situation dead of course....

@CommanderRoss

I can share most of your criticism regarding Thunderfinger, but he's gone for now. Relax. He won't even answer to your posting at this time.

I won't miss him when political issues are concerned, and I also haven't really appreciated his constant posting of non-descript YouTube links where you didn't know if you'd discover a 1960s' music gem or some Q-Anon nonsense, though he did add some interesting things in diverse discussions regarding the primary subject of this board.

He may be back soon, and I hope on the condition that he doesn't keep spouting Putin war-of-aggression propaganda and sporting avatars that are 1930's Nazi posters. But other than that, let him have his deluded opinions. Nobody has to react to those, although I admit it's very, VERY hard for me to resist at times. There are limits for what you can swallow, and he's been beyond that limit repeatedly.

Let's hope for the best.

So, have caught Covid for the second time! Not as bad as the first time, seems just standard flu sythoms, but even so!
    Just heard a high number of staff from my job have caught it, so likely it was from our service users Christmas Party last Thursday!! Oh well, last time I was bed ridden and didnt want to anything but sleep, this time there's a number of movies I bought throughout the year that I need catching up on! And there's always Bond.....!
    Sorry to hear that. Get lots of films in!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    So, have caught Covid for the second time! Not as bad as the first time, seems just standard flu sythoms, but even so!
    Just heard a high number of staff from my job have caught it, so likely it was from our service users Christmas Party last Thursday!! Oh well, last time I was bed ridden and didnt want to anything but sleep, this time there's a number of movies I bought throughout the year that I need catching up on! And there's always Bond.....!

Take good care, @Mathis1!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    So, have caught Covid for the second time! ....!
    All the best, @Mathis1! I sometimes get a feeling that my wife and I are almost the last people on earth that haven't caught it yet, but just about everyone else around us (from my 78-year old sister - four times vaccinated - to her daughter aka my niece - 52, and anti-vaxxer) was infected in the meantime. Fortunately, nothing really serious happened, and I hope the same for you (and everyone else).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,265

There is always a chance of a mini outbreak certainly this time of year, glad the symptoms are mild. do you still wear PPE at work?

There is always a chance of a mini outbreak certainly this time of year, glad the symptoms are mild. do you still wear PPE at work?

No mate, we stopped wearing PPE quite a while back, though we do take temps each morning for everyone, and anyone with a sniffle is asked to do an antigen test!
    Thanks for all the well wishes folks, feeling quite a bit better now!

No mate, we stopped wearing PPE quite a while back, though we do take temps each morning for everyone, and anyone with a sniffle is asked to do an antigen test!

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better, @Mathis1. I was off work last week with my first case of Covid-19, though I was able to work remotely from home which was good. I tested negative again on Sunday past so I was able to return to the office. It wasn't too bad, just mild flu-like symptoms for the first three or so days and a bit of a sniffle. Having the vaccines and the booster (albeit a year ago now) probably helped it not be too bad.

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better, @Mathis1. I was off work last week with my first case of Covid-19, though I was able to work remotely from home which was good. I tested negative again on Sunday past so I was able to return to the office. It wasn't too bad, just mild flu-like symptoms for the first three or so days and a bit of a sniffle. Having the vaccines and the booster (albeit a year ago now) probably helped it not be too bad.

Good to hear you were negative. I hope to be the same at the weekend before I go back on Monday. Yes, the vaccine obviously helped a lot. My first bout of Covid, over a year ago, was pretty bad, and the fatigue afterwards took a toll on me for months.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

We still wear mask's at all times when in presence of vulnerable adults, each respective County Council makes its own decisions regarding this.

We still take temperatures prior to entering buildings. I still have a few boxes of test kit's though only test if there is an outbreak or develop symptoms.
    I've got another cold. Less than a week before Christmas and I have little time left for food shopping. Furthermore, I have a fresh beer which I must drink before Friday.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2022 Posts: 40,450
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I've got another cold. Less than a week before Christmas and I have little time left for food shopping. Furthermore, I have a fresh beer which I must drink before Friday.

That's when it always seems to happen, isn't it? Our house caught the flu bad last year and all started to get really sick on the 23rd or 24th. Terrible timing. There was little fun to be had on Christmas morning, just wanted to crawl back into bed and do nothing.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That's when it always seems to happen, isn't it? Our house caught the flu bad last year and all started to get really sick on the 23rd or 24th. Terrible timing. There was little fun to be had on Christmas morning, just wanted to crawl back into bed and do nothing.

I'm getting better thankfully and I think I should be okay for Christmas. But my fresh beer might get wasted.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm getting better thankfully and I think I should be okay for Christmas. But my fresh beer might get wasted.

I hope you get well soon, @Ludovico. Colds seem harmless, but they can be seriously annoying.