The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• Alrighty folks, here we go;

F1-DB5-CC4-D9-B0-4130-AF96-29-EBC68-EB2-BC.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Maybe Bond taking a call at Shrublands?
  • I’m afraid not
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I didn't think so either, but in spite of quite a number of screenshots with curtains similar to those in the quarter frame, I haven't made progress.
    I'm gonna take a total stab in the dark and say Bond and Natalya's little villa in Cuba in GoldenEye.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,083
    Sadly not Goldeneye.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Q's robot dog, Snooper, living up to its name in Stacey's house.
  • QBranch wrote: »
    Q's robot dog, Snooper, living up to its name in Stacey's house.

Nothing from AVTAK.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm feeling compelled to get this up on top again...mainly because I am still lost about those curtains.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had three ideas on those curtains and not one of them panned out.
  • Any hints needed?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Give us the decade, please?
  • 1970’s
    Sheikh Hosein's tent?
    Got it, Live And Let Die. Felix Leiter's HQ in NYC, when Bond calls from his Taxi!
  • 58-CA3-D48-CB26-4132-8417-24-E4-E760-AB11.png

Bingo! That’s “Curtains” for this round! (Sorry I had to make that pun.) Onto you @zebrafish!
    I found that by accident, because I always thought that Bond flew to New York in the Concorde, but that turned out to be the case in Rio de Janeiro/MR.

Anyway, here we go ...
    nscAJTb.png
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,706
    58-CA3-D48-CB26-4132-8417-24-E4-E760-AB11.png

@007ClassicBondFan:

Excuse my saying so, and I wouldn't have found it either way because I only looked on Screenmusings and that particular frame wasn't there. But what you posted was not a quarter-frame but maybe one-ninth of the entire frame. I think this should not be about posting a random section, but the guessers should be confident that it was really a quarter of the entire picture. This, however, would have looked like this:

qfgnyltfah.jpg

No hard feelings intended, but quite a different story.
  • j_w_pepper wrote: »
    58-CA3-D48-CB26-4132-8417-24-E4-E760-AB11.png

@007ClassicBondFan:

Excuse my saying so, and I wouldn't have found it either way because I only looked on Screenmusings and that particular frame wasn't there. But what you posted was not a quarter-frame but maybe one-ninth of the entire frame. I think this should not be about posting a random section, but the guessers should be confident that it was really a quarter of the entire picture. This, however, would have looked like this:

qfgnyltfah.jpg

No hard feelings intended, but quite a different story.

My apologies then @j_w_pepper, however I do wish to point out that after going back a few pages here, I have seen other examples like that where less than a quarter frame is submitted (page 65), and those didn’t present any real point of contention, and I was going off examples such as those presented. This is my first time engaging in this game thread here, so please excuse any beginner mistakes I may have.
    Gentlemen! Please focus your attention to the task ahead!
    And I swear it is 25% of the frame (more or less) :)
  • Would it be Bonds hotel room in Thunderball?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The underground lab in DAF? Hard for me to make out much of it. Looks like a toilet, to be honest.
    No, that's not it, but close.
    My apologies then @j_w_pepper, however I do wish to point out that after going back a few pages here, I have seen other examples like that where less than a quarter frame is submitted (page 65), and those didn’t present any real point of contention, and I was going off examples such as those presented. This is my first time engaging in this game thread here, so please excuse any beginner mistakes I may have.
    My apologies as well, @007ClassicBondFan, but I am also a rather recent addition to this thread and haven't read the last 65 or so pages before joining here. It's just that I think that a quarter-frame should be one quarter of a frame, and I wasn't really aware that this principle had been relaxed before. Again, don't take this personally, it's not meant to be.

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    @j_w_pepper I would also prefer when we would stick to the original idea of @Max_The_Parrot : a quarter of the screen and always froman edge to the middle. This way, most rounds would be easier and mire fun for me because most frames are way too tricky for me. But I can understand that it makes sense sometimes to do it a bit more difficult because it would be too easy and solved immediately by our talents like @QBranch.

To sum up my thoughts: I can live with smaller, trickier frames but it is necessary that some hints are given if it can't be solved after one or two days. I like this to be a quicker games with a new round more than once a week.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,706
    @j_w_pepper I would also prefer when we would stick to the original idea of @Max_The_Parrot : a quarter of the screen and always froman edge to the middle. This way, most rounds would be easier and mire fun for me because most frames are way too tricky for me. But I can understand that it makes sense sometimes to do it a bit more difficult because it would be too easy and solved immediately by our talents like @QBranch.

To sum up my thoughts: I can live with smaller, trickier frames but it is necessary that some hints are given if it can't be solved after one or two days. I like this to be a quicker games with a new round more than once a week.

Thanks for the contribution. As a sort of truce, I think that at least the frame selection posted should be identified as more or less of a quarter. It just isn't fun to search for less than a quarter. The possibility of choosing smaller selections is sort of endless, and it destroys the fun that members may have with engaging in this kind of stuff.

Therefore, i think we should stick to an actual quarter frame, be it NW/NO/SW/SO or columns from left to right. But not random selection of partial screencaps of whatever size. Just to keep this game straight.
    I think it's fair to crop a quarter from any area of the frame, not just the corners or columns. Not that that opportunity comes along often.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    I found that by accident, because I always thought that Bond flew to New York in the Concorde, but that turned out to be the case in Rio de Janeiro/MR.

Anyway, here we go ...
    nscAJTb.png

Bumping up the current game. Any guesses?

Let's go with Bond at Carver's printing factory, dodging a forklift.