The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,722
    I edited the photo, hopefully this works much better than previously;

E1245951-1-C62-4-A58-8-F1-A-3539-D72-CBE37.jpg

That’s if I can figure how to upload to the forum properly haha

Fixed it again. Next time, go to the linked imgbb page. Right-click on the image. Select Copy Image Address (or, depending on your OS, "...link" or "...URL"). Paste the copied address, which is not the same as the link to the website, into your posting, ideally by opening the "Image URL" box. If it doesn't contain the filename ending on ".jpg", nothing will be shown here.

And you are sure this is meant to be upright?
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,094
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I edited the photo, hopefully this works much better than previously;

E1245951-1-C62-4-A58-8-F1-A-3539-D72-CBE37.jpg

That’s if I can figure how to upload to the forum properly haha

Fixed it again. Next time, go to the linked imgbb page. Right-click on the image. Select Copy Image Address (or, depending on your OS, "...link" or "...URL"). Paste the copied address, which is not the same as the link to the website, into your posting, ideally by opening the "Image URL" box. If it doesn't contain the filename ending on ".jpg", nothing will be shown here.

And you are sure this is meant to be upright?

Not meant to be upright, does it specifically have to be? If so I have another cropped image from the same shot on standby.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    No, I just wondered if the quarter frame image is possibly turned sideways. If you cut up the frame into four vertical columns (|1|2|3|4|) then the orientation is correct. However, if this were a case of you having divided the frame into "Northwest|Northeast" and "Southwest|Southeast" quarters (as the majority here seem to do), it may have to be turned sideways to be correct. Just asking because of the problems with the upload. No need to post yet another one.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm going to guess something from Shrublands?
  • mtm wrote: »
    I'm going to guess something from Shrublands?

I’m afraid not.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Is it Bond heading up to the room with Saunders just before the sniper scene?
  • QBranch wrote: »
    Is it Bond heading up to the room with Saunders just before the sniper scene?

Unfortunately not.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Train mail compartment in LALD ?
  • No sir.
    Not that I have an idea, but it's time to move this to the first page again.
  • Any guesses anyone? I’ll give a hint; it’s not from a Bond film made before 1995.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How about the periscope in FRWL?
    Bond snooping around the King Industries office outside Elektra's villa at Baku.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Whoops, I failed to read the clue :D
  • Afraid not folks.
    @mtm You might be onto something with the periscope though.

I'm thinking that guy on the sub who hears Bond knocking on the door with the henchman's head (TWINE).
  • QBranch wrote: »
    @mtm You might be onto something with the periscope though.

I'm thinking that guy on the sub who hears Bond knocking on the door with the henchman's head (TWINE).

Right era, but wrong film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The fight above the dish in GE?
    The captain of the Devonshire makes a move when the sea drill is detected.
  • mtm wrote: »
    The fight above the dish in GE?

Right movie, wrong scene. You’re getting Warmer!!!
    Finally found it. Not a big feat considering I now knew it was GE.
    goldeneye-1157ghcbn.jpg
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,094
    Excellent @j_w_pepper! On to you next.
    OK, here we go:

qfg3nhe67.jpg
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Is it the safe room in Madeleine's Norwegian home?
    Charmi, you're too bright for me :-)

no-time-to-die-121068frt.jpg

And so it's your turn again.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    How did you do that, @CharmianBond ??? The colour tone?
    Must be the teal.
    always got look for the teal :)) idk @zebrafish this film has imprinted itself onto my brain like nothing else

Anyway here's your next one. It feels like it's been a while since I've done one of these so to be nice this one is exactly one quadrant of the frame (I measured it exactly). No frills, no tricks.

S8x97sK.jpg
  • always got look for the teal :)) idk @zebrafish this film has imprinted itself onto my brain like nothing else

Anyway here's your next one. It feels like it's been a while since I've done one of these so to be nice this one is exactly one quadrant of the frame (I measured it exactly). No frills, no tricks.

S8x97sK.jpg

Would this be from OHMSS? Where Bond is chased after by Bunt and Blofeld’s goons in the village?

Would this be from OHMSS? Where Bond is chased after by Bunt and Blofeld’s goons in the village?

But of course. After all, it's getting near into Christmastime, my own (soon to be yearly) tradition of watching OHMSS is nearly here. Well done @007ClassicBondFan!

eRI2kN1.jpg