The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Don't even remember that shot, just riding across the field.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I'm looking for the next one but have been unusually busy today...for a pensioner.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OK, here we go. This may be one of the easier entries, but I just want to keep this moving.
    quarterframegame177cgq.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    A guess to kick it off, Bond on the bridge in DAD?
    As a matter of fact, I don't really remember that it was on a bridge, but otherwise you're right. And I guess my expectation it would be relatively easy was correct, too. So good luck for the next round, @mtm.
    die-another-day-0194oyefg.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh yikes, sorry- I didn't think that would be it! :)

I'll get another up asap.
    No need to be sorry. Someone's got to find out.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Okay here you go; I think this will be a quick one too.

Frame-Game-Q.jpg
    Judging by my attempts so far, I'm not sure this will be a quick one. It looks like London or someplace in (generally speaking) New England (the push-up windows), but I have no further clue so far.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    OHMSS, the driving to buy a ring?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It’s not that, no.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Bond before arriving the College of Arms in OHMSS?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not that either, good guess.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Shrublands ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    No free radicals here, sorry.
  • mtm wrote: »
    Okay here you go; I think this will be a quick one too.

Frame-Game-Q.jpg

London from Licence to Kill?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, that's the one! Good spotting!

Frame-Game-A-LTK.jpg

Your turn :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Had an idea it was an establishing shot with the red bus, but there are quite a few!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 8,701
    Overlooked it on Screenmusings...it's just a single shot, and I don't even remember anything happened in London in that movie.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, there's just a brief scene in Moneypenny's office before she calls for Q's help.
    Which street ist this? I can tell that the Nelson Column is in the background. But I didn't find it on Street View...so far.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Which street ist this? I can tell that the Nelson Column is in the background. But I didn't find it on Street View...so far.

It's Whitehall, it's just looking north towards Trafalgar Square, interestingly (because you got me down a rabbit hole) the final shot of Spectre in the same location looking south. I had a little Mandela effect of thinking the statute was the Cenotaph, it's actually Earl Haig on a horse, but I was mixing it up with the iconic Skyfall scene which is technically mostly Parliament St. it only becomes Whitehall beyond the Cenotaph.
    It's Whitehall...
    Ah, thanks. Haven't been to London since the Skyfall premiere (not the royal one).
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,081
    Always felt that one shot of London looked incredibly jarring in LTK, probably because it’s the only time we see London in that film, but anyways

[img][/img]
    https://ibb.co/Q9J4LFj

Okay, here is my selection. Best of luck folks!!!

EDIT; Not entirely sure how to upload Images to where they appear in the site and not on a third party site, any tips?
    Fixed it for you. I copied the image address and inserted it. Your link was missing the name of the jpg.

FFEF9-B40-90-C4-4156-8263-6-B64519-CF0-DA.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Feels like that might be a bit less than a quarter...? :P
  • j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Fixed it for you. I copied the image address and inserted it. Your link was missing the name of the jpg.

FFEF9-B40-90-C4-4156-8263-6-B64519-CF0-DA.jpg

Thank you!!! Someday I’ll master posting images to this site.
    mtm wrote: »

You’re right, looking at the full shot it’s actually about 1/10th of the image :))
    mtm wrote: »

I'd say so, too. And for an "upright" quarter it would be too wide. If it's just 1/8, the entire image would have the unusual format of 1:2.05. Perhaps @007ClassicBondFan will clarify.
    DELETE
    I edited the photo, hopefully this works much better than previously;

https://ibb.co/fpsRzvv

That’s if I can figure how to upload to the forum properly haha

E1245951-1-C62-4-A58-8-F1-A-3539-D72-CBE37.jpg

Finally figured it out!!!