The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not MR.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    That would've been my next guess too. Alright, I always skip this scene in particular but I might as well ask, the plane James flies down the mountain in Spectre?

If this doesn't turn out to be a plane in the end I'm going to be livid 😂
    Not SP.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Dang it.

GoldenEye PTS?
    Nothing from GE.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited October 2022 Posts: 4,312
    You would not believe how many videos I have watched, screencaps I have sifted, to solve these hard puzzles. This one is particularly difficult, because I simply can not find a cabin interior (if it IS a cabin interior) that fits the shot. Congratulations already to the one who finds the solution (and please don't say you found it quickly).
  • SeanoSeano Minnesota. No, it's not always cold.
    On the train in LALD?
    Not LALD mate.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I still don't think it is a cabin interior. I ruled out LALD since it is not Cinemascope format (nor a section of it). I still looks to me like a boat from the outside, underwater. With a searchlight or whatever the bright spot may be.
    I'm gonna just go for a weird Hail Mary play here and say it's the cabin on Milena's parents' ship in FYEO or wherever it is that Max the Parrot resides.
    Not FYEO.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's one of those games where I'm working off a certain piece of the frame that will undoubtedly end up something entirely different from what I think it is.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Not LTK.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    We want more (I said it)
    @zebrafish Here you go mate:
    52457895335_aa991e2e3b_h.jpg

Perhaps the teal will give it away.

Maybe LALD, inside Quarrel Junior's boat.

Nothing from LALD.
    Any clues?
    We're not in a car or a boat. Not even a carboat.
    Is it a plane? I checked Scaramanga‘s car, it‘s not that.
    Nothing from TMWTGG.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's one of those games where I'm working off a certain piece of the frame that will undoubtedly end up something entirely different from what I think it is.
    Which piece were you looking at?
    Not a carboat... an airship perchance? Zorin's airship?
    Nothing from TMWTGG.

The bottom bit, which looks like a computer to me.
    Not AVTAK.
    Nothing from TMWTGG.
    The bottom bit, which looks like a computer to me.
    Ah, okay.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Bond and Elektra inside the inflatable jacket in TWINE?
    Professor Dent in the spider room, DN?
    Not TWINE, not DN.
    Could we get an updated incorrect list? Seems we're nearly out of films now.
    I guess still in the running (this must be the hardest game in a long time):

FRWL
    YOLT
    OHMSS
    DAF
    TSWLM
    OP
    TLD
    TND
    CR
    CR67
    NSNA

... and it's neither car nor boat!?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I checked all those (except CR67 and NSNA) on screenmusings.org (only the thumbnails) but didn't find anything that fit. I guess I'll just resign myself to that.
    There are many large gaps in Screenmusings though....
    zebrafish wrote: »
    There are many large gaps in Screenmusings though....
    Sure there are, but quite frankly I'm not going to scrutinize every Bond film in slow-motion for the purpose, and while I watched most of them more often than any other movies, I can't recall every frame by heart. (Which also allows me to discover new aspects on the next rewatch.)
    Villiers at his computer in CR?