Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sope Dirisu

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v85i8rqrxq16eqs1akydf3rmoh4a6lwwps6o44iq&rid=giphy.gif
    Pure_Cocaine.gif

Gangs of London is phenomenal. Recently watched season 2 which was great but season 1 was on a whole different level.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm not really into Thomas Doherty for Bond. He's a capable actor (I've only seen him in High Fidelity with Zoe Kravitz), but he gives off a CW vibe, which I think would be a mistake.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    Pure_Cocaine.gif

Was the cameraman (or woman) being electrocuted when that was filmed? Lawd, I hate this jerky cam nonsense with a passion.

It’s only because i put the two gifs right next to each other. It’s much more palatable single full screen.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    If EON ever 'raceswapped' Bond, I can't think of anyone better than Sope as the man for the job. But that means they'd have to do it this time out if they wanted to get him - EON have said that they want the next guy to play Bond for a decade, which means that if they don't cast him now, Sope would be too old when it came to casting the eighth Bond. Are EON ready to make the leap this soon? I'm really not sure that they are.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I like Sope. But can I just say that if he doesn't become Bond, I would LOVE to see him in hard-boiled neo-noir action thrillers? The man oozes raw masculinity.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2022 Posts: 40,372
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Sope Dirisu

Pure_Cocaine.gif

Gangs of London is phenomenal. Recently watched season 2 which was great but season 1 was on a whole different level.

I've been real excited for S2 and somehow missed that it had already started. I'm really looking forward to checking it out ASAP then.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2022 Posts: 5,834
    Mallory wrote: »
    Real or not it's just nice to see a headline without the names Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and Tom Hiddleston.
  • Why would there be a secret audition if there's no director, no screenwriter, no script?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Why would there be a secret audition if there's no director, no screenwriter, no script?

That we are aware of 😉
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,483
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Real or not it's just nice to see a headline without the names Idris Elba, Henry Cavill and Tom Hiddleston.

I've just read the same article in the Mirror. You're right, it's nice to see a different name.
    Is it likely he's a had a screen test?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Johnson has never been high on my list; like so many young actors today he has a very thin, high pitched voice.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

Their "style" of "writing" is so annoying. Seven different articles mashed and rehashed into one and each of them less interesting than the last.

As for the merits, I agree that it seems strange they would have "secret auditions" (when is a Bond audition ever public?) before they had a director..
    And I personally still very much hang my hat on them not having incorporated a shell company for Bond 26, so there's nothing substantial going on.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    If by “ secret auditions “ they mean screentest, then they are going by standard operating procedure. From the era of Connery, EON as conducted screentest for potential Bonds in great secrecy. At this point the may have conducted none or a half dozen or more; they are not going to broadcast it.
  • StarkStark France
    The writer of the article exclusively reported Andrew Scott's participation in SPECTRE so this information is reliable.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited November 2022 Posts: 1,282
    I know there must be a script before anything. But I can't help, but think...surely, by now Barbara must have at least a vague idea who Bond 7 is or who she envisage as Bond 7.
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2022 Posts: 177
    Michael G. Wilson said the new Bond had to be in his thirties so no need to wait for a script to choose.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Stark wrote: »
    Michael G. Wilson said the new Bond had to be in his thirties so no need to wait for a script to choose.

Huh?…
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2022 Posts: 177
    peter wrote: »

Huh?…

https://collider.com/james-bond-next-007-casting-michael-g-wilson-comments/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Aaron wouldn t be a bad choice.
  • He would be 35 by the time of filming, supposing Bond 26 indeed goes into production by 2025, so definitely the right age, and the right face. I have some doubts about the rumour itself, but the actor is definitely worth a screen test. I tried to picture him in the role:
    Aaron-Taylor-Johnson-007.png
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I hope this particular rumor is very true! Exciting stuff.

th?id=OIP.DozowbKEZMGjfYWWAsV6fwHaKP&pid=Api&P=0
    92a2121c6573f194d433ffa3ff332819--aaron-taylor-johnson-moustache.jpg
    ATJGivenchy.jpg
    52520920ATJGiv-e1493480464120.jpeg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Huh?…

Yes but what you said doesn't make sense. MGW can want Bond to be in his thirties, and still need a script before casting begins. You may as well have said:

There are giraffes in Africa, so no need to wait for a script to choose the next Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Huh?…

Yes but what you said doesn't make sense. MGW can want Bond to be in his thirties, and still need a script before casting begins. You may as well have said:

There are giraffes in Africa, so no need to wait for a script to choose the next Bond.

Wow, there are certainly giraffes there, so the plot thickens.
    Aaron needs something to set him apart from the other Bonds, a trademark of his own. Perhaps, instead of womanizing he could masturbate two or three times per film? In fact, the pts of Bond 26 should start that way. He gets interrupted by some terrorist shenanigans or something, and we are off.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Huh?…

and we are off.

And so is he, apparently.

I still need to see a film ATJ is good in.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2022 Posts: 5,834
    If true, it will be interesting to consider that Bullet Train would probably have been his Layer Cake...

...and it makes total sense cause he stole that film along with Brian Tyree Henry.
  • StarkStark France

Huh?…

But why should they wait for a script before choosing the actor if the producers already know precisely the age and the appearance that the actor must have ?
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Another thing is, there's a direction they choose before writing a script. So it's possible to start eyeing an actor to suit that direction way early.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Huh?…

But why should they wait for a script before choosing the actor if the producers already know precisely the age and the appearance that the actor must have ?

@Stark … they would like to explore the direction they want to go in. If they’re going lighter, they need the actor who does this best, with ease; if they’re going in a more dynamic and physical direction, they’ll need the best actor to pull this off.

When a general direction is agreed upon, the first drafts of the script will be commissioned based on this new direction…. From there, I wouldn’t be surprised if the director of B26 is hired to shepherd the final candidates in their last auditions (based on scenes from the new script).

There is a process.