Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

mtm wrote: »
    I like it. Pop it in the 'where does Bond go after Craig' thread!

It makes sense to do it the other way around to Craig: start with him as the fully fledged cinematic Bond and then show how that doesn't work out, and make him something slightly new. Kill Moneypenny or something, go for it.

Lol, not gonna lie I forgot which thread I was in. It makes sense to go that opposite but different route with the next Bond though. I'll come up with other ideas and pop it in that thread at some point.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Is Luke Newton trying his luck? :)

omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=DQyjpm7xfsIo2UjAQl1IGh78ibXiiHKwKbMnlNs1i7E=

Maybe Poulter's back on the radar?

omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=CxHnX5Vl_On7q8RXCVNtAEg4PscnyL8_w_rZFcSQ5zw=

Oh go on then, one more...

omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=QJWk24lxs7cjv-BHcsN0ZKQsq3oX-iYs-FaG1iYWark=
    omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=hWywIAGQxDrtXAK5Wgip6-HPPatflPxM7dh3cbUmcJU=
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Wow! Craig's looking even more Bond with age. So officially, Craig's still Bond until Bond 7 is announced.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well I guess this is more him under his Omega contract than his Bond one, but I don't know.
    This was last night, incidentally.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Wow! Craig's looking even more Bond with age. So officially, Craig's still Bond until Bond 7 is announced.

He will sure be a tough act to follow.

I’m surprised how fitting I find Newton. He’s from the babyface brigade, though. We’ll see what him being the romantic lead for the next Bridgerton season will do. Page and Bailey both got some solid Bond speculation out of that gig.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Well I guess this is more him under his Omega contract than his Bond one, but I don't know.
    This was last night, incidentally.

Oh, Yeah. I guess Omega is Bond as well.

He will sure be a tough act to follow.

I’m surprised how fitting I find Newton. He’s from the babyface brigade, though. We’ll see what him being the romantic lead for the next Bridgerton season will do. Page and Bailey both got some solid Bond speculation out of that gig.

Yeah, he's definitely a tough act to follow. But as always, EON do know how to find their way when the moment comes. I think the real Bond speculation might begin next year, though....script, writers, director, actors, Bond 7 himself, etc.

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited November 2022 Posts: 3,382
    Let me try this one.....😁

BondCapCon - Next Bond Actor Edition

Imagine many people were waiting to see the actual James Bond.....

Someone went out, people were excited, but......

Luke Newton? 😦
    omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=DQyjpm7xfsIo2UjAQl1IGh78ibXiiHKwKbMnlNs1i7E=

People were saying like: "Maybe, it's now him"
    But again, shocked to see, it's.....Will Poulter??? 😨 People were disappointed.

omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=CxHnX5Vl_On7q8RXCVNtAEg4PscnyL8_w_rZFcSQ5zw=

People were no longer hoping for the real Bond star to come out, but wait!

DRUM ROLL!

There's another...... As the Bond theme begins to play......

omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=QJWk24lxs7cjv-BHcsN0ZKQsq3oX-iYs-FaG1iYWark=
    omega-celebrates-60-years-of-james-bond-with-daniel-craig.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi&k=20&c=hWywIAGQxDrtXAK5Wgip6-HPPatflPxM7dh3cbUmcJU=

After the Bond theme played.

People: Thanks, he finally came out, now that's James Bond!

• edited November 2022 Posts: 2,752

Clearly one the most important traits for playing Bond is the power stance, as demonstrated by Daniel here. Other examples include:

Net%2BWOrth%2Bof%2BRoger%2BMoore.webp

A fine power stance. Magnificent stuff.

james-bond-pierce-brosnan.jpg

In full Bond mode too. Wonderful. And of course who can forget?

MCDFRRU_EC012.jpg

A nice variation on the Bondian power stance. Classic stuff.

No power stance from Newton and Poulter. Not even an attempt. I wouldn't bet on them for Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Connery's phone technique is something to behold. Not least when in one of them he picks the whole phone up, one leg onto a chair (of course), holds onto the receiver and throws the body of the phone onto the bed, thus picking up the receiver and bringing it to his ear. Possibly the coolest way anyone has ever used a phone.
    Yes he does! It's when he goes into the first hotel room in FRWL. I forgot about that, haha.

Perhaps one of the requirements for a Bond actor should be making mundane stuff look weirdly cool... I'm actually not even fully joking. There's definitely an element of physicality to the role, and not just in the big stunts. Craig and Connery just looked so damn elegant onscreen even if they were walking across a room.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    007HallY wrote: »
    Yes he does! It's when he goes into the first hotel room in FRWL. I forgot about that, haha.

Perhaps one of the requirements for a Bond actor should be making mundane stuff look weirdly cool... I'm actually not even fully joking. There's definitely an element of physicality to the role, and not just in the big stunts. Craig and Connery just looked so damn elegant onscreen even if they were walking across a room.

That might just be the closest definition we've come to, for the certain "something" a Bond actor needs to have:
    He needs to make talking on the phone look like it's the coolest thing in the world.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Also notice Connery's cigarette technique: place into the mouth with cigarette grasped between fingers and thumb, remove from mouth using a scissor action with forefinger and middle finger. It's crucial stuff.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Connery's phone technique is something to behold. Not least when in one of them he picks the whole phone up, one leg onto a chair (of course), holds onto the receiver and throws the body of the phone onto the bed, thus picking up the receiver and bringing it to his ear. Possibly the coolest way anyone has ever used a phone.

Makes me wish I still had one of these phones and used it.
    I'll admit it, after reading this thread this morning I took a phone call (albeit on a smartphone) and put one leg onto a chair as I answered...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I bet you absolutely smashed that call as a result. Made that window cleaning company pay you.
  • AmericanBondFan1994AmericanBondFan1994 Milford, Michigan
    Hello everyone long time lurker but I am definitely on the sope dirisu train!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Welcome! Dirisu might be the forum-favourite.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Or maybe not… 😉
    talos7 wrote: »

Or maybe not… 😉

Every suggestion here has people who don't like them... Dirisu isn't my pick either. He's just come up a lot here lately I think. There are more people here than you and me. ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 12,914
    Therefore the emogis on both posts. I really need to take on that form of expression.
    smiley-3176406_150.png
    Soon we will evolve into an emoji only language.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Soon we will evolve into an emoji only language.

Hopefully, not in my lifetime ;)
    ;) ;) ;)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I watched, Those Who Wish Me Dead, again last week, I still can't picture Nicholas Hoult as Bond any time soon.
    He plays a ruthless assassin in the film, but he just looks too young and innocent to be intimidating.

I can't see him being a leading man any time soon
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I watched, Those Who Wish Me Dead, again last week, I still can't picture Nicholas Hoult as Bond any time soon.
    He plays a ruthless assassin in the film, but he just looks too young and innocent to be intimidating.

I can't see him being a leading man any time soon

And his youthful appearance is part of what makes him right for the part .He has increasingly grow into his looks and won’t be getting any younger. Hoult will be in his mid thirties when the next film gets rolling ; he will be a Bond entering his prime. Time will weather his features.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    That's fair point mate, it's no disrespect to him, it's a compliment if anything. I think right now he looks a bit too youthful and that's with a beard. Maybe he'll be similar to Pierce
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Hoult has the kind of youthfulness he'll take with him to the grave. It's his look; he's not a young man, he's appropriately aged for the role, but his look is youthful. He'll always have it.

Not to say he's a bad pick, he could probably bring something interesting to the role.

317233490_478412364383746_8767562551848528401_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=G9H-JbRGs6EAX9mvbmV&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.fna&oh=00_AfDnD3VFM2lGlI65BWn13FywXUU2kFIFVhZcbCFIcOKa3w&oe=63855C5D

Idris is really putting his back into it.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    Sope Dirisu

6ed8c239c90a3316dba4b43d4b908b939aa14060.gifv
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v85i8rqrxq16eqs1akydf3rmoh4a6lwwps6o44iq&rid=giphy.gif
    bf50be5d23993d4b092e2fe063d10b22828c2322.gif
    Pure_Cocaine.gif
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2022 Posts: 13,882
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v85i8rqrxq16eqs1akydf3rmoh4a6lwwps6o44iq&rid=giphy.gif
    Pure_Cocaine.gif

Was the cameraman (or woman) being electrocuted when that was filmed? Lawd, I hate this jerky cam nonsense with a passion.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego Do you recommend something particularly Bondian that Thomas Doherty has done? I had a look on his IMDB but didn't come across anything that stood out to me.

Nothing in particular as such. I know he's on the Gossip Girl reboot show where he plays an American bisexual lothario. However, I would check out his film, The Invitation just to get an idea of how he sounds with a British accent and to see how charming and smooth he is with the ladies. That's all I have I'm afraid. Hope it helps.