Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just looking for a 4K version of the trailer there was one up though has got blocked by Fox.

No doubt there will be some incredible visuals, it occurred to me I am not that invested in the characters.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2022 Posts: 4,438
    Murder on the Orient Express 3 titled ''A Haunting In Venice'' for September 2023
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt22687790/ and Michelle Yeoh is one of new cast members.

Hunger Games prequel is finished with filming:
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/filming-wraps-on-hunger-games-prequel/
    Filming Wraps On “Hunger Games” Prequel
    By Garth Franklin
    First Photo Hunger Games Prequel Songbirds
    Lionsgate
    Filming has officially wrapped on “The Hunger Games” prequel feature “The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes” with the film’s star Rachel Zegler posting a photo from the end of the shoot on Twitter.

The Francis Lawrence-directed project began filming in Berlin in June. Michael Arndt and Michael Lesslie penned the script based on the Suzanne Collins book series.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,270
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Murder on the Orient Express 3 titled ''A Haunting In Venice'' for September 2023
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt22687790/ and Michelle Yeoh is one of new cast members.

Hunger Games prequel is finished with filming:
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/filming-wraps-on-hunger-games-prequel/
    Filming Wraps On “Hunger Games” Prequel
    By Garth Franklin
    First Photo Hunger Games Prequel Songbirds
    Lionsgate
    Filming has officially wrapped on “The Hunger Games” prequel feature “The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes” with the film’s star Rachel Zegler posting a photo from the end of the shoot on Twitter.

The Francis Lawrence-directed project began filming in Berlin in June. Michael Arndt and Michael Lesslie penned the script based on the Suzanne Collins book series.

A film based on Hallow'een Party is not the most obvious of choices to follow up Death on the Nile, it would appear that Branagh want's to make several more Poirot films, I expect the third film to be less budget than the first two, I wonder who will be playing Ariadne Oliver.
    Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Trailer #1 (2022)

Looks like I will be subscribing to Netflix for Christmas.
    Despite having not enjoyed the two films I’ve seen from the director, I’ll be watching this one at some point.
    High Heat

One for Olga fans.
    High Heat

One for Olga fans.

Wasnt going to click on that, until I read your last line!!
    Just watched the delicious Olga in a really entertaining thriller called 'Momentum'
    She's terrific in it, great action scenes, and it has a long lingering shot of Olga drying her hair in front of a mirror, that I could have easily watched for the films entire running time!!🥰
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    High Heat

One for Olga fans.

Wasnt going to click on that, until I read your last line!!
    Just watched the delicious Olga in a really entertaining thriller called 'Momentum'
    She's terrific in it, great action scenes, and it has a long lingering shot of Olga drying her hair in front of a mirror, that I could have easily watched for the films entire running time!!🥰

Olga never seems to age though I know she takes her fitness and Yoga very seriously, its good to see her carry on her action/spy persona from Bond.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,526
    I’d definitely have watched a Camille spinoff. We could’ve seen her reaction to hearing that Bond had died, maybe there’d have been a cameo from Fiennes M tells her. “I understand you two had a history.” Something.
    I'm not a fan of the idea of Bond spin-offs but you can bet I would've been there day one for a Camille spinoff.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2022 Posts: 5,869
    This just reminds me of how Quantum made Camille an intelligence operative working for the Bolivian Secret Service randomly during the plane sequence, and never brought it up again?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    This just reminds me of how Quantum made Camille an intelligence operative working for the Bolivian Secret Service randomly during the plane sequence, and never brought it up again?

I saw it as Bond trying to further dig into what she's truly after, but considering her mission is purely driven by revenge, there wasn't much more to discuss about it. Once she revealed her true plans in the sinkhole, none of that really mattered.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I saw it as Bond trying to further dig into what she's truly after, but considering her mission is purely driven by revenge, there wasn't much more to discuss about it. Once she revealed her true plans in the sinkhole, none of that really mattered.
    I just felt the line could've been cut. It wouldn't have changed anything.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

I just felt the line could've been cut. It wouldn't have changed anything.

To me it adds to establishing her as capable. Didn't need to be repeated.

Yes, I see it as showcasing her skills without needing some goofy, superfluous "I can reload a gun so I'm clearly an expert" scene like we got in SP.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I understand both of your points and I'm sure that was the intention but for me, it just seemed like something that they threw in during filming. I also feel taking it out makes more sense for her character.

A woman literally scarred from her past seeking revenge but not having the support system or training to do so is much more interesting and also to me fits more with what the finale gave us. Camille struggled against Medrano but eventually managed to kill him through sheer perseverance and drive on her part as opposed to whatever skills she supposedly learned as a Bolivian secret agent.

P.S. Sorry mods that we're having this conversation here lol
    I understand both of your points and I'm sure that was the intention but for me, it just seemed like something that they threw in during filming. I also feel taking it out makes more sense for her character.

A woman literally scarred from her past seeking revenge but not having the support system or training to do so is much more interesting and also to me fits more with what the finale gave us. Camille struggled against Medrano but eventually managed to kill him through sheer perseverance and drive on her part as opposed to whatever skills she supposedly learned as a Bolivian secret agent.

P.S. Sorry mods that we're having this conversation here lol

I got invested in the QoS discussion and didn't realize where we were. Oops!

But I get where you're coming from, you do have a good point there.
    John Wick Chapter 4

Oh dear, please leave one of my favourite thrillers alone!
    Wasnt Brad Pitt attached to do a remake one time? With this and his remake of 'West Side Story' even Spielberg has run out of original ideas!

Wasnt Brad Pitt attached to do a remake one time? With this and his remake of 'West Side Story' even Spielberg has run out of original ideas!

Yeah I've not been a terribly big fan of Spielberg these days, especially when it comes to these new retellings and remakes. That West Side Story remake was inferior and real unnecessary.

Exactly the original can not be matched, Bullitt remake gets a big thumbs down from me.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    I am starting to think trailers should be released much more close to the premieres. Teasers are fine but there is so much content that too much time in-between the most attention peaking marketing assets and the film make people uninterested. I've certainly seen my excitement for a cinematic releases wane over time.
    I am starting to think trailers should be released much more close to the premieres. Teasers are fine but there is so much content that too much time in-between the most attention peaking marketing assets and the film could make people uninterested. I've certainly seen my excitement for a cinematic release wane over time.

Some game releases are really pushing it with their initial trailers; I don't need to see some early work concept as a tease when the game won't release for another 5-10 years. That's ridiculous.
    Final trailer

Best trailer so far?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I have no words for this.

Tributes like these are fine...

But a whole movie? :-??
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited November 2022 Posts: 6,716
    Final trailer

Best trailer so far?

This is the most interesting trailer so far, but I'm still not interested enough to watch this in the theater. Oh, Avatar, you're not gonna fool me again-- I learnt my lesson in 2009! I'm sure this film, like the first one, will be okay at the very least, but like the first one, I'm not sure it's going to provide something interesting enough in terms of story and characters, which is what I would hope.

I'll probably watch it at home someday.

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna watch Dances with Wolves, which I was reminded of because of the comparisons with Avatar back in the day. I've only seen the first hour, and really enjoyed it. I should watch the whole thing.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Final trailer

Best trailer so far?

This is the most interesting trailer so far, but I'm still not interested enough to watch this in the theater. Oh, Avatar, you're not gonna fool me again-- I learnt my lesson in 2009! I'm sure this film, like the first one, will be okay at the very least, but like the first one, I'm not sure it's going to provide something interesting enough in terms of story and characters, which is what I would hope.

I'll probably watch it at home someday.

Apparently the film needs to make 2 billion to break even, I have a feeling this film may bomb. I will likely wait to watch it when its on streaming.