Scenes in the James Bond Films that make you squeamish?

1235»

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    I don't like seeing a woman slapped in the face; I especially get squeamish when Rog roughs up Maud in TMWTGG.
    I'm squeamish during Felix's death. I don't like seeing Felix get killed. I find that scene particularly disturbing.
    Bond getting killed, on the other hand, I find funny. :D
    Honestly, I find both to be in bad taste. Felix's death seems more relatable to me, especially with the friendship level. So I tend to skip that section when I pop in NTTD. I even left for a snack break when I saw it repeatedly in the cinema.
    Bond getting blown up just looks like cheesy CGI to me. and over the top histrionics. I kind of love it the way I love some of the cheesy action scenes in SUPERMAN IV THE QUEST FOR PEACE.

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Lupe's face when she's getting whipped by Sanchez
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Alec's broken leg when he hits the bottom of the dish. I'm only squeamish about broken bones.

The end of NTTD when Bond fights Safin must have been a really tough watch? Even for me, who isn't so sensitive to broken bones, I find it a little hard to watch!
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Alec's broken leg when he hits the bottom of the dish. I'm only squeamish about broken bones.

The end of NTTD when Bond fights Safin must have been a really tough watch? Even for me, who isn't so sensitive to broken bones, I find it a little hard to watch!

Weirdly that one didn't bother me so much. You don't see his arm horribly bent out of shape, that's the stuff that gets me.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Ah, fair enough, makes sense.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited October 2022 Posts: 3,382
    Zao's death, when that giant chandelier fell upon him, and his blood spreads through the water, it's a bit gross for me.

That's the most explicit brutal scene than anything happened in LTK, though Krest death comes close.

Also that SPECTRE henchman in OHMSS that fell into the snowblower "he had a lots of guts", that's also gross and brutal.

I'm just squeamish about those scenes, those scenes that I'm still sick and couldn't get them out from the top of my head.

That's one of the reasons why I'm not into slasher movies, I just don't like something gory.
    Nobody in the thread has mentioned this…

…seeing Kamal Khan pop the eye out of the stuffed sheep’s head and eating it is disgusting, my dad’s reaction always makes it better.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    Nobody in the thread has mentioned this…

…seeing Kamal Khan pop the eye out of the stuffed sheep’s head and eating it is disgusting, my dad’s reaction always makes it better.

Yes, that is a deliciously gross moment and Louis Jourdan plays it with relish. Knowing it was made out of fondant or something does make it a little more palatable though.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I am pretty sure it's a hard-boiled egg. I think eagle eyed viewer would spot the yolk. However, it is sold with such relish by Jordan that you buy it.

It came before the OTT scene in Temple of Doom where very outlandish food was foisted on the table.