007 Legends Announced

Comments

COD is getting very repetitive that's for sure so i stick with Black Ops and MW3.

Back to the topic on hand, if we take what is being done to the movies featured in this game with a grain of salt then we may all enjoy this a little more.

Going back to the old forums we all saw that the popular consensus was that we need classic Bond movies turned into a game or levels of a game. Now we got what we wanted all we do is complain.

The movies are a great base idea but we need to expand on the content to make it more action packed. Sure it throws things in that don't seem to work but GE64 had tanks at Arkangelsk, a missile silo and Bond in Severnaya... and that game was hailed as the best interpretation of the movie.

I'm not defending the game, i just wish we could just stick to talking about 007 Legends.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    new and original story. third person hub world, more detective work and interaction(why does bond kill 1000 plus each game?), return to ppk(thought eurcom promised this one with the gadgets all I see is p99) driving sections, exploration, expandability.
    at what point did I say remake 6 films as a video game where all the engine allows me to do is shoot people?

"The movies are a great base idea but we need to expand on the content to make it more action packed. Sure it throws things in that don't seem to work but GE64 had tanks at Arkangelsk, a missile silo and Bond in Severnaya... and that game was hailed as the best interpretation of the movie." that game was held as the best playing bond game for a majority of people at the time. another generation prefers nightfire, an other says EoN etc etc.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited July 2012 Posts: 9,117
    I do wish this would stop being a COD/Activision bashing thread and get back to the topic at hand: posting new info about 007 Legends and then discussing it. It's okay if people don't like a certain game, a certain aspect of a certain game, or even just a certain anything - post your piece, move on. Stop taking up pages upon pages of just b*tching about:

"Wah! Only Craig's in this game, Wah! Stupid contracts, Wah!"
    "Damn Call of Duty rip off!"
    "Nobody'll buy it cuz COD comes out in a week (or 2) after this!"
    "I hate COD!"
    "Damn snowmobiles and rocket launchers!" (yes, DC007, I'm lookin' at you)
    "I can't stand COD rip offs!"

This is what the last few pages of this thread have basically amounted to. And the so-called "free thinking" people who hate COD and want freedom of opinion, but bash other people's opinions when they don't give giant amounts of hate for COD.

COD can be fun.
    COD rip offs can be fun.
    If you don't like it, stop treating others who do like they're the world's biggest sinners!

Far too many threads have been turned into this type of "Hate for hate's sake" of back and forth, with the haters constantly reposting their hate, and the non-haters (or even half-haters) posting legitimate arguments to the contrary and then being ignored and countered by the same damn hateful opinions of the haters.

What would you have us do? Just gratefully slurp up the pigswill EON see fit to send our way in lieu of decent 50th anniversary merchandise? I would love to be getting really excited about the 50th and I was earmarking loads of money to spend on it but apart from the Roger Moore book I havent seen anything that is original, exciting or worth buying.

If the care that had been taken on GEN64 had gone into this game then you might hear people getting genuinely thrilled at playing through some classic Bond films but as it is just playing the same level of machine gun shooting in settings that barely resemble the original sets its bound to annoy some people.

Dont level the blame at the rest of us just because you are happy with a substandard cash in and we're not.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    What would you have us do? Just gratefully slurp up the pigswill EON see fit to send our way in lieu of decent 50th anniversary merchandise? I would love to be getting really excited about the 50th and I was earmarking loads of money to spend on it but apart from the Roger Moore book I havent seen anything that is original, exciting or worth buying.

If the care that had been taken on GEN64 had gone into this game then you might hear people getting genuinely thrilled at playing through some classic Bond films but as it is just playing the same level of machine gun shooting in settings that barely resemble the original sets its bound to annoy some people.

Dont level the blame at the rest of us just because you are happy with a substandard cash in and we're not.

How many times does it have to be said? If you don't want it, don't f*cking buy it! And stop treating those of us who will like 2nd class citizens.

How many times does it have to be said? If you don't want it, don't f*cking buy it! And stop treating those of us who will like 2nd class citizens.

I thought it was a thread for discussing this game? I didnt realise you had limited us to only being permitted to comment if we are going to say how brilliant we think it is every time Activision drip feed us another crushingly disappointing monthly screenshot from their opus. But thanks for clearing that up.

007 Legends looks a really well made game and a fitting tribute to the 50th anniversary of Bond. Is that better?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I never said that, either. What I said was "Stop saying the same godd*mn things over and over and over and over and over and over again." I don't care if you don't like it, I don't care who does and who doesn't like it, I just wish people would stop saying the same godd*mn things a thousand times on the same page. Why is that acceptable? Why should those of us tired of it have to suffer it? As I said before: Post your piece and move on. Positive or negative, I don't really care, I'm not telling you to only say good things, I'm just saying only say it once.

I never said that, either. What I said was "Stop saying the same godd*mn things over and over and over and over and over and over again." I don't care if you don't like it, I don't care who does and who doesn't like it, I just wish people would stop saying the same godd*mn things a thousand times on the same page. Why is that acceptable? Why should those of us tired of it have to suffer it? As I said before: Post your piece and move on. Positive or negative, I don't really care, I'm not telling you to only say good things, I'm just saying only say it once.

So says the guy who has now posted the same thing 4 posts running.

If you don't want it, don't f*cking buy it!

To paraphrase your own words - If you dont like it dont f*cking read it!

Afraid its called democracy mate.
    So says the guy who has now posted the same thing 4 posts running.

I've posted the same thing 4 times because nobody's listening to me. Everybody's listening to all the hate posts, and getting the same message over and over and over.
    To paraphrase your own words - If you dont like it dont f*cking read it!

Afraid its called democracy mate.

It's a little hard not to read them. I have to in order to actually find something to agree/disagree with. And as far as the whole "democracy" thing goes, tell me again how much freedom of speech their really is.
  • oo7oo7
    steady on the pair of you. just cause im annoyed at the route they have taken and engine they have decided to deliver it on does not mean i do not want it. i feel like this is backwards development instead of capatalising on bloodstone and the raven game they have gone with a poor engine for no real reason? for me goldeneyes multiplayer has got to be the worst of the three so far. laggy and host quits galore. at least with bs there was a limited field of games and host quits didnt end the thing. QoS had its rage quits.
    now all i can do is await this game coming out then a further 6 months on hope for an announcement of something radically different.
    if this game had come out hand in hand with a different game akin to bloodstone i would have got them both. its the waste of time factor that kills me here. we have to wait at least another 6 months before activision say one more time to a bond game, if the rights revert in an early period of 2014 i guess 2013s game could be the last we see for while.
    for a new developer to pick up the rights it would no doubt take a year or more to get a game slapped together.
    Anyway... I'm always going to buy a Bond game over CoD game. I'm a Bond fan first and foremost, and no Bond game has really disappointed me. Except QoS for ps2. But that was only because some frustrating quick time events I had to do over and over again. The one in the museum took me over an hour to beat.
    SharkBait wrote:
    QoS for ps2. But that was only because some frustrating quick time events I had to do over and over again. The one in the museum took me over an hour to beat.

That one was hardest for me, too. At least, the first time. Every time I've played that game since, for some reason, the one with Mitchell has become the hardest.
    Despite that fact that the movie itself can get boring in parts, I really hope the Connery mission for 007 Legends turns out to be You Only Live Twice. It has some incredible video game potential, what with big action scenes like the Kobe Docks fight, Little Nellie battle, and the SPECTRE volcano lair attack.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    As I said before: Post your piece and move on. Positive or negative, I don't really care, I'm not telling you to only say good things, I'm just saying only say it once.

You're right, so I'm leaving this thread, since I've said my piece. Somebody PM me when the next film is announced.
    00Beast wrote:
    Despite that fact that the movie itself can get boring in parts, I really hope the Connery mission for 007 Legends turns out to be You Only Live Twice. It has some incredible video game potential, what with big action scenes like the Kobe Docks fight, Little Nellie battle, and the SPECTRE volcano lair attack.

But... but... but... Thunderball jetpack!!!
    This thread was getting feisty. Like Xenia Onatopp feisty.
    So any guesses on how long the single player mode will be...a lot longer than goldeneye:reloaded??
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think It will be much longer than GE:RE. Plus I think there's going to be more than the Classic levels and Skyfall considering one of the Sweepstakes for this game is the winner gets made into a Villain in the game if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong.
    00Beast wrote:

We already got the Thunderball jet-pack in From Russia with Love's 2005 video game, so I'm ready for something new!
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

We already got the Thunderball jet-pack in From Russia with Love's 2005 video game, so I'm ready for something new!

So what if we got the Thunderball Jetpack in FRWL, how many times did we get the watch laser? How many times has a tank chase happened? How many times has the car had the machine gun, the rockets, the Q-smoke? Besides, the Thunderball Jetpack needs some FPS love (because the one in Agent Under Fire sucked).
    00Beast wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

So what if we got the Thunderball Jetpack in FRWL, how many times did we get the watch laser? How many times has a tank chase happened? How many times has the car had the machine gun, the rockets, the Q-smoke? Besides, the Thunderball Jetpack needs some FPS love (because the one in Agent Under Fire sucked).

Yeah it did, it definitely did! You had to find one of those refilling canisters or whatever every time you wanted to re-use it. Pretty lame if you ask me! I did like the one out of FRWL though, the machine gun/missile launcher combination was awesome!
  • oo7oo7
    Just played the demo for this
    There's a motherf*cking demo?!
  • oo7oo7
    yeah. its called goldeneye reloaded....
    ah im sorry
    Ah, godd*mn it! You had me hoping for a 007 Legends demo...
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    hahahaha
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    hahahaha

This is why I hate blue hedgehogs.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    hahahaha

What?!
    Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    why you hate me? :((
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    hahahaha

:))

Anyway, have to say, his new games might be crap, and his voice might be annoying, but Sonic The Hedgehog is still a million times better than Mario.